Classes?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Master Knights. Have at me, balance lovers. I'd love to see barons and queens playable as well. /wistful thinking/

Honestly odds are against seeing much, besides maybe a light mage ala RD. That would actually be pretty cool.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

I would like to see all the classes from Gaiden in there. Yes even the "Slayer" class, and the playable Baron(I prefer the name Baron over Marshall). Even though they replaced it with the Swordmaster. sad.gif

I also wonder if the bows are going to have a great of range like in Gaiden. . . What? These are just thoughts. . . .

You can get a Baron in Gaiden you know. You just need the patience to train a Armor Knight.

Mounted mages. Male pegasus riders. If it can be implemented well, classes that use both weapons and magic. Maybe new weapon combinations, or more customizable, i.e. FE9's promotion choices. Make each class actually worthwhile. A lot of the time, Hero>SM, although cases with specific characters go against that, and it would be nice if SMs had an advantage to make up for no 1-2 range and no WTC.

How about a customisable class (obviously you'd have to use a pre-existing sprite/battle animation/etc)? Like MU, only it gives you total freedom (well, more anyway, not that I think the FE12 MU system was in any way restrictive).

On the topic of magic, maybe try and balance out the different kinds? Like maybe have some classes follow the whole one magic type+staves style, but then maybe have one that uses multiple types of magic and have it be worth using the new one(s). Maybe do what FE9 did with Paladins and let you choose what new magic/staves your sage gets?

I want male versions of female-only classes and vice versa. Also, I'd like mounted healers to be taken out because they cripple game balance by totally outclassing normal Bishops in the eyes of efficiency drones and even many casual or ordinary players. Mounted mages are an excellent idea though, they should get magic and Swords just like in FE4/5.

You realise that in Greek mythology, the first pegasus rider was a dude?

It makes no sense to make Pegriders female only.

It kinda does in the context of the story, because Pegasus became afraid of humans afterwards and women are generally considered gentler so pegasi would be more willing to trust them. That said, it is stupid that there are no male pegasus knights.

A badass female hero, like Echidna, and good assassins, along with the male pegasus knights.

This thread is for discussing classes, not what genitalia you want those classes to have, or how good you want those classes to be.

I just want the usual back. Paladins and Falcoknights. They can have penises or vaginas or a mass of writhing tentacles at their crotch, I don't care.

Also, I'd like mounted healers to be taken out because they cripple game balance by totally outclassing normal Bishops in the eyes of efficiency drones and even many casual or ordinary players.

This is only a problem in that Bishops are a bad class, not that troubadours/valks are too good. Bishops generally have really low movement, overkill resistance, and a weak weapon type. Making it worse, a lot of bishops promote from staff-locked tier 1 classes, so will be behind in level, and have bad weapon ranks. This isn't always true, but the exceptions to the rule are generally not bad units.

They can have penises or vaginas or a mass of writhing tentacles at their crotch, I don't care.

I feel this would make all the mounts uncomfortable. And me.

This thread is for discussing classes, not what genitalia you want those classes to have, or how good you want those classes to be.

I just want the usual back. Paladins and Falcoknights. They can have penises or vaginas or a mass of writhing tentacles at their crotch, I don't care.

I did say I wanted assassins. It just happened to be between two gender specified classes.

Anyway, not sure what they'd be called, but a sword using unit that focuses on strength instead of skill, so basically a berserker with swords, and an axe using class that's the opposite, like a SM with axes.

I could see strength-focused sword units, but skill-focused axe units strike me as a little weird (the whole point of axes being they are big and unwieldy and heavy enough to really hurt if they do hit).

Not that it technically has to make sense, I suppose... and I'm sufficiently out of touch with FE that I can't really comment on what it would or wouldn't do for game balance.