Classes?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see more playable ballisticans or new artillery units.

YES. Gimme cannoneers. MWAHAHAHAHA.

What I'd like to see is not so much new classes, but more like a rebranding of the classes aka different fighting style, but same use.

Myrmidons --> Fencer/Duelists

Assassins --> Ninjas

Soldiers --> Pikeman/Hoplites

Nomads/Rangers/Horse Archers --> Samurai (because samurai originally came about as mounted archers)

Archers -> Arbalesters

etc...

Also I'd like to see the introduction of Firearms, but before people rage on this statement just make it like a physically ranged equivalent of axes. And why won't gunpowder be OP? Because it never really was in real life when you talk about the context of individual battles. Not even in Sengoku Rance. I'm not talking about modern day ones, just early, shitty firearms like "hand cannons" aka a tube attached to a stick or even a musket would be nice.

Honestly, the first firearms were less effective than other weapons. They just took almost no training to use.

Why am I thinking of an Est type character armed with the experimental weapon of the day?

There are Mage Knights like you describe in FE4/FE5/BS, as well as female Paladins with healing (in the first two; it's a separate class in BS). It's my understanding that certain characters can use summoning spells like you describe in FE2 and TRS, and both FE5 and FE6 have playable Brigands. So whether or not FE13 has those things, you can get them from the earlier games if you want them.

I just finished Thracia 776 over the summer for the first time and saw nothing of the sort. I have Funin No Tsurugi in both Cart and ROM form (the latter with English Translation patch applied) and saw nothing you described. Wait...isn't FE4 the SNES/Super Famicom remake of the original game?

FE3 has a shortened version of FE1 as well as a sequel, which was remade with FE12. FE4 is Genealogy of the Holy War, with the two generations and was the first game with a skill system. FE4 definitely has units that use both magic and weapons. FE5 continued with the skill system and units that use both Magic and swords (Olwen and Eyrios).

Gonzales in FE6 is a playable brigand with garbage hit rates but certain other things that make up for it. Edit: Oh, and Marty in FE5 is also a playable brigand.

Edited by Rewjeo

I just finished Thracia 776 over the summer for the first time and saw nothing of the sort.

You mean you never saw Olwen, Eyrios, or a promoted Miranda? What about the many enemy Mages Knights? What about Nanna? Surely you must have seen her.

Honestly, saying that you never saw any sword-using Mage Knights or female Paladins makes me doubt whether or not you really completed FE5.

I have Funin No Tsurugi in both Cart and ROM form (the latter with English Translation patch applied) and saw nothing you described.

Marty from FE5 and Gonzales from FE6 are both playable Brigands.

Wait...isn't FE4 the SNES/Super Famicom remake of the original game?

No, that's FE3.

Edited by Gustave

It doesn't have to be something from real life. The firearm could be an experimental weapon with magic. Could be magic in a gun form which could use some kind of materialised magic.

That works too. Conferring magical-based attacks to people who otherwise would not be able to learn from tomes for any reason. Good one.

You get Nanna, a Troubadour promoting to Paladin with swords and staffs in both classes, in Chapter 5 of FE5. She also joins with both weapon types, fighting with her personal sword and being your only healer until Saphy rejoins. In Chapter 10, Olwen, a Mage Knight, briefly appears as an enemy; you can't miss seeing her even if you don't reach 11x to recruit her. In Chapter 11, you fight Kempf, a Mage Knight boss who actually uses both swords and magic. And this is just the first half of the game.

And three turns into Chapter 1, Marty, a playable Brigand, joins. There is no way you've actually played FE5 if you aren't aware of even a single one of those things. If you think FE4 is FE3, you probably mistook some other game for FE5.

Edited by Othin

TRUE Summoner: I'd like to see a summoner who can summon multiple creatures in a single turn to fight for you. Kinda like that one boss in RD =D

In FE2 an enemy class and player Clerics can summon a group of allies if they know the right magic. For the enemy this is just more hoards of monsters to cut down but player characters can summon a group of either soldiers, pegasus knights or demon slayers (promoted heroes) as CPU allies, depending on who does the summoning: the soldiers are completely useless, the pegasus knights are mostly useless and the demon slayers trivialise most of the rest of the game.

Also, as people above me have said, there are mounted Mage Knights on FE4/FE5 and Mage Fighters in FE4 that use magic and swords, though they usually use swords badly. There are also Troubadours, Paladins (F) and Falcon Knights that can use staves in FE4/5 (no Falcon Knights in FE5) and Master Knights in FE4 who can use everything except dark.

Now that you mention it, there's also a ton of Barons in FE4/5, armors that use everything except Light/Dark, although they're enemy-only so perhaps not quite as relevant. Also, Lachesis in FE4 can use both swords and staffs even as a Princess, before promoting to Master Knight.

Now that you mention it, there's also a ton of Barons in FE4/5, armors that use everything except Light/Dark, although they're enemy-only so perhaps not quite as relevant. Also, Lachesis in FE4 can use both swords and staffs even as a Princess, before promoting to Master Knight.

We also have the Emperor which possesses all the weapon types, I think.

We also have the Emperor which possesses all the weapon types, I think.

That too, at least for FE4. Although I'm almost certain its weapon selection is the same as a Baron's.

That too, at least for FE4. Although I'm almost certain its weapon selection is the same as a Baron's.

It's the Baron's weapon selection plus Light Magic.

BTW I always found it funny that Master Knights get a rank in light magic but it's too low to actually use any of it.

It's the Baron's weapon selection plus Light Magic.

BTW I always found it funny that Master Knights get a rank in light magic but it's too low to actually use any of it.

Emperors can't use Light magic actually. Othin was right.

They can use Lightning, but it's redundant with the Light Sword that Leaf often inherits from his mama. Lachesis can't use any of it indeed.

I like the idea of firearms except I don't think they should take the units strength into consideration instead it should be based on skill for example might of gun is 4 gun unit has 7 skill unit has an atk of 11

I'd say that I think they should be like Crossbows with lower Hit and no effective bonus against fliers but higher Might.

Good points. Might as well push FE ahead by like....50 years, heheh.