Buffing the Main Lords?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Eliwood from my EHM draft run ended up as complete crap, more or less, and could really only take out axe users reliably. This was with him chugging stat boosters like it was his job, too. As far as I know, his stats were slightly above average, too. His bases and growths are just too crappy to use.

Something like this happened to me on recent EHM play through. On Valorous Roland my Freshly Promoted Eliwood kept getting owned in the center of the map, and he was slightly blessed!

Boost HHM Lyn's bases for those who don't wanna go through LHM, LHM Lyn's fine, really, except maybe +1-2 to defense but otherwise alright.

But non-Lynmode Lyn's bases are kinda sorta terribad. IDK. Make her comparable to Guy's bases, maybe a little lower since she does have better free weapon and better growths to boot. Between his NM and HM bases, perhaps.

Something like this happened to me on recent EHM play through. On Valorous Roland my Freshly Promoted Eliwood kept getting owned in the center of the map, and he was slightly blessed!

He gets raped by that map's boss so hard. His Tomahawk lets him hit Eliwood without retaliation on enemy phase. Oh and he has 40 Attack after WTD, which 2HKOs Eliwood easily.

alrightly, what do you guys suggest about Lyn now?

I always thought she could get +2 HP and +2 Def to her bases and +2 con on promotion instead of +1

I also thought about reducing the mt of the Mani Katti by 2 and have it be unbreakable, but that might break her instead..

Hi. Crazy girl that makes Eliwood double the dragon with Durandal here.

1. Have Eliwood start at level 2 with slightly higher bases on Hector Mode, as him coming in at level 1 on Chapter 12 sucks.

2. Overall, +15% Strength and Speed, and maybe a slight HP boost. I tend to feed him kills, so. . .

Hi. Crazy girl that makes Eliwood double the dragon with Durandal here.

1. Have Eliwood start at level 2 with slightly higher bases on Hector Mode, as him coming in at level 1 on Chapter 12 sucks.

2. Overall, +15% Strength and Speed, and maybe a slight HP boost. I tend to feed him kills, so. . .

He'd need either a Con boost or a higher speeed cap to do so. Alternately, there's just lowering Durandal's weight (I'd think 13 or 12's reasonable, since 16 MURDERS poor Eli's AS).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Max Speed + Body Ring = Dragon Doubling (dunno if this carries over to HHM).

True, but I don't really think Eli'd exactly be high priority for a Body Ring... And there's the fact that only Armads doesn't completely suck out of the personal weapons the lords get for the last chapter (which is why I just throw Hector at the dragon and call it a turn (or 2)).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Hector shouldn't lose any Con gain on promotion because he's an armoured unit and doesn't even gain any move. I think he's hindered enough as is, without being rubbish.

How many unarmoured units gain +2 Con on promotion? Just raise Lyn's base Con or something.

Edited by V-Raven

I've never found anything to be wrong with Eliwoods bases in Eliwood mode. after all, EHM's first chapter can and should be solo'd by him IMO. maybe together with Bartre, there are no other usable characters in this chapter.

for Hector mode, yes, Eliwood needs higher stats.

I've never found anything to be wrong with Eliwoods bases in Eliwood mode. after all, EHM's first chapter can and should be solo'd by him IMO. maybe together with Bartre, there are no other usable characters in this chapter.

Um, if you're playing ranked, you will probably use a bit of everyone, and if you're playing efficiency, Lowen and Marcus should take all the kills.

Hector shouldn't lose any Con gain on promotion because he's an armoured unit and doesn't even gain any move. I think he's hindered enough as is, without being rubbish.

How many unarmoured units gain +2 Con on promotion? Just raise Lyn's base Con or something.

Thing is, if Hector only gains 1 con, he'll be ferried easier, making it actually an advantage. 14 con means he can be carried by all pegs promoted, Sain/Kent/Marcus/Isa/Unpromoted Lowen, Rath, Eliwood post promo, and Heath.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Considering Lyn is basically Guy only she loses liek every stat forever on top of a few other disadvantages (and her only real advantages are mani katti and the fast flo support), Lyn has a lot of required buffs depending on how good you want her to be.

Eliwood is kinda in the same boat, although postpromotion he's actually good, unlike Lyn. But Guy is loling at him for basically all of prepromotion.

It does depend on whether you're playing ranks or LTC though, as ranked Guy is actually good because exp rank matters so making Lyn/Eliwood = Guy might be too much, but LTC means basically anyone that isn't Marcusmounted sucks, so...

Edited by smash fanatic

I think that the best buffs for Lyn would be to make her promotion less rocky. Give the player both Heaven Seals in Chapter 24, make them worth 10k instead of 20k, and give her better promotion boosts (maybe C Bows for Killers, +2 CON instead of +1 CON, and +15 crit).