Characters You're Sick of Hearing Praise About

Randoman

Maybe that's because you tend to treat your opinions as objective facts rather than, you know, your opinions. Or rather it seems like you do. That probably wasn't your intention but you should be aware of how you come across to other people.

That's a result of my training. In English courses you don't write essays saying "I think Sidney's final sonnet in Astrophil & Stella serves as a fitting conclusion to the sequence"; you say "Sidney's final sonnet in Astrophil & Stella serves as a fitting conclusion to the sequence."

Otherwise, you get a mediocre grade.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a result of my training. In English courses you don't write essays saying "I think Sidney's final sonnet in Astrophil & Stella serves as a fitting conclusion to the sequence"; you say "Sidney's final sonnet in Astrophil & Stella serves as a fitting conclusion to the sequence."

In English courses you also have entire essays to demonstrate your assertion. That is noticeably absent from most of your posts here.

But I suppose you're quite accustomed to passing off bullshit as valid, so I won't harp on it further.

Edited by dondon151

You're free to think whatever you want, I was just pointing out that Skill and Speed are not the only things that are impressive about Echidna, contrary to your statement.

I don't think people like Echidna's performance based on theoretical values, however. Why would people like her outside of characterisation and yayfemHero if she didn't serve them well in their playthroughs?

I do also like her because she looks like she can actually, you know, fight. Not like every other chick bar a few exceptions who looks like either a supermodel except shorter or a loli.

I find it a pity that the FE series' only female Hero is so... forgettable (to me, anyhow). I really do. Tch...

Edited by Metal King Slime

I find it a pity that the FE series' only female Hero is so... forgettable (to me, anyhow). I really do. Tch...

While it's not always called "Hero," Machua in 5 promotes to a Sword-and-Axe wielder. So there's two, I guess. Granted she's even more forgettable than Echidna.

While it's not always called "Hero," Machua in 5 promotes to a Sword-and-Axe wielder. So there's two, I guess. Granted she's even more forgettable than Echidna.

Radney, who is often ignored in favor of Lakche. That makes three female mercs/heroes in the series. Edited by Little Al

Most of the characters I listed were from English FEs.

Also, the FE4 fan translation is actually really good (unlike the Thracia one). It's just the source material sucks.

I resent that statement because 1) I don't feel that the FE4 translation is anywhere near the quality 2) can you read Japanese? That's the only way you'd know if the source material sucked.

I resent that statement because 1) I don't feel that the FE4 translation is anywhere near the quality 2) can you read Japanese? That's the only way you'd know if the source material sucked.

1) Near the quality of...?

2) By source material I mean the plot, not the writing.

Uh, are you kidding? Seth's the guy who figures out that Orson is the traitor. He also stops Eirika from surrendering her weapons to Novala and he gives realistic, helpful (and yet somewhat cold-hearted) advice to both Eirika and Ephraim throughout the game.

Soren is just one in a series of cynical bastards, the first being Malledus from FE1. Soren's only true distinction is that he's the only one who looks like a goth and has severe angst problems, which is at times nauseating.

You're right, Seth was a bad example. There are plenty of overrated characters with no personality. A few examples are Lowen, Marcus, Ike (who isn't really overrated but just has no personality), and Oscar.

This is even more evident in Shadow Dragon where no one has a personality (examples: Caesar, Abel, Draug, etc).

Marcus is the best, mang. It takes a real man to loyally serve a country over three generations of rulers. THREE.

That is RESPECT.

Seth may be my favorite character ever, but Marcus is the one I respect the most.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

My turn to complain (with biased reasons ;w;)

Levin, Sety, and Artur or whatever his name is. I hate Levin, and I like Sety but I dislike him being too overpraised same for Artur.

Dagda he's never been useful for me so I don't understand the praise QQ

Shiva he makes Makua look bad and I like her better

Roy! How do you make him useful?

Miledy! I like Thany (and Tate and Yuno) a lot more and she arrives earlier but it seems like everyone forgets poor Thany.

Saul and Clarine. I hate Clarine and I like Saul but Ellen is my favorite healer ;w;

Shin idc I like Sue and Dorothy better

Marcus in both games I always avoid him for other cavies like Noah or Lowen or Isadora.

Karel I hate him in FE7

Hector he annoys me

Pent and Priscilla, Priscilla especially annoys me although I don't hate her I just don't like seeing poor Serra (my favorite) be ignored because Priscy has a horsie.

Heath I like Fiora more

Ephraim is so overrated imo and I like Eirika better, she ROFLSTOMPS things too just play a draft ^^'

Seth I like but im fully aware he shrugs off dificulty, I avoid using him earlygame.

Ross, Ewan is my fave kthx 030

Innes, I like Neimi a lot more

Moulder because I like Natasha and Larachel more

Titania, I get it typical jeigan

Oscar/Kieran/Makalov because I like Astrid and Fiona more ;w;

Sothe I know he's good but whatever

Mia idc Zihark or Eddie anyday please

Royals I like regular laguz better

I hate Soren and Shinnon

Tanith idk Sigrun looks nicer ^_^ so i'm using her (or both SiggyxTani OTP)

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

My personal hates?

- Tormod. Yeah, sorry. I don't care that he has 7 Mov or w/e, just plowing without him.

- Mist. OH MY FUCKING GOD I WANT TO RAIL SOMEONE WITH A BASEBALL BAT ON THIS ONE!

- Nino. But honestly, I don't hear it that much anymore.

- Sharlow.

Marcus. I still don't see how the fuck people say that he survives after Chapter 24, plus compared with other promoted units he isn't very useful. Let's not forget that the other units need less EXP than he does, and Marcus can only beat everything on his own until next to the Endgame.

Marcus with speedwing, boss kil exp, and braves for lategame.

Along with high base str and skl.

And his def is solved with a draco.

I don't see why Lillina is soo hyped up on.

Those blasted fe6 videos on youtube show arena abused Lillinas blowing the shit out of everything, and then if someone says anything to prove that she's horrible, they get flamed/bashed.

Along with Nino,Est, Sophia, Ross, and all the units that take waayyy to much time and effort to become decent.

And, lol at people calling Generals "walking death"

And those prepromote haters...

[Censored] them.