The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry if I forced you to finish it. I didn't mean to. I can understand your points, the game isn't perfect I'll certainly say.

If I'm at all vocal about it, it's because it is so very FE, so those who are willing to emulate and don't mind older games should give it try. If it others mentioned it more, I wouldn't take bring it up once in a while as I do. But, I admit this game not being directly part of the FE franchise means it isn't capable of being woven into more discussion.

I'm eagerly waiting for Berwick Saga's translation to be finished, but that game looks sooooooo different from typical FE. Still, the differences draw me towards it.

Nah, it's all good, you didn't force me to finish anything, I was going to finish it regardless of if someone wanted me to or not. The encouragement and advice helped, so thank you.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like I said, some other chapters in other games are far more dickish than this imo. Like chapter 14 in Binding Blade. Or chapter 20 in Fates Conquest.

Too true.
Conquest's entire endgame from Ninja Hell onwards was BS, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Get well soon!

Thanks!
I have 3 weeks off now, so I'm going to use them to relax and recuperate.

41 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Anyways a question:

Which Atelier game should I get?

(only one pick)

• Sophie
  • Lulua
  • Lydies
  • Firis

If you don't mind missing out on a few references to the previous games in the Arland series (Rorona, Totori, and Meruru) and Japanese voice acting, get Lulua.
As an aside, you don't NEED to play the other Arland titles to understand the story in Lulua. I played Lulua first and I didn't have problems getting what's going on.
If you want a good starting point that doesn't have prequels attached to it, get Sophie.

Quality-wise, Lulua beats Sophie, but both are good games and I definitely recommend them for anyone who's interested in Atelier. Both games work as good starting points to the franchise.
Firis and Lydie & Suelle are both sequels to Sophie. I haven't played those, so I don't know how good they are.

Edited by DragonFlames

Same, I will be off of work till first week of January. 

That means the upcoming days will not be less busy. Will do a couple of city trips with overnight stays till end of the year mainly for excursion. Will be fun but also stressful. Christmas will be most depressing day for me, but I already got used to it.

Since Lulua gets a Switch port and Sophie does not, I buy Sophie for the PS4 and Lulua for the Switch. 

Non-spoiler thoughts on The Rise of Skywalker. It's very messy but i enjoyed it. My Star Wars ranking now is

• 9. Attack of the Clones
  • 8. The Phantom Menace
    • *BIG QUALITY GAP*
  • 7. The Rise of Skywalker
  • 6. Return of the Jedi
  • 5. Revenge of the Sith
  • 4. The Force Awakens
  • 3. The Last Jedi
  • 2. A New Hope
  • 1. The Empire Strikes Back
16 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for Linhardt, I like that part of his personality, too. I can empathize with that. He also has some very funny lines in the game. What turned me off on his character is that he comes across as a giant creep in his supports with Flayn and Lysithea.

I feel like Lindhardt came more across as too curious than creepy. And his A-Support is honestly very sweet (both figuratively and literally).

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, on the topic of Star Wars, I just read about this little thing. Not sure if you've ever seen it.:

Oh yes, i've seen it. Japanese Star Wars for the Famicom is a gem.

57 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Anyways a question:

Which Atelier game should I get?

(only one pick)

• Sophie
  • Lulua
  • Lydies
  • Firis

Of these, i'd say Lulua because it's the only one of these four that i've played.

I hear Lydie & Sulle's Switch port is bad though, so you're better off getting that on PC.

13 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Since Lulua gets a Switch port and Sophie does not, I buy Sophie for the PS4 and Lulua for the Switch. 

That sounds like a good compromise.

Based on what I know, Atelier Sophie was Gust's (the developer of Atelier and Nights of Azure) first game on the PS4.
As for Lulua, I don't know how well that game plays on the Switch, but I assume it should be alright. I believe @Armagon played the Switch version and he said it's his favorite Atelier game, so the Switch port can't be bad.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of these, i'd say Lulua because it's the only one of these four that i've played.

I hear Lydie & Sulle's Switch port is bad though, so you're better off getting that on PC.

Lydie & Suelle is on PS4, too.
Hooray for 3rd party titles!

*Sees this*

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-4-1536x864.jpg

*Gets reminded of these*:

maxresdefault.jpg

*Laments they aren't ever leaving Japan*🙁

It's less than a month until the January 17th TMS#FE Encore release. I intend to do a Lunatic run at that time, for the spirit of it. And, if anyone needs a little help, outside of the new stuff, I'll be able to offer some.

SkMzPRa.jpg

Don't you just hate when that happens?

---

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees this*

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-4-1536x864.jpg

That reminds me, there's been an update for the game fairly recently. Was this what that was about?

22 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Christmas shopping is over:

• Atelier Sophie (PS4)
  • Atelier Lulua (Switch)
  • Catherine Full Edition (PS4)
  • Danganronpa 1-3 (PC)

All together for 130 €. I will be busy till 2022.

Enjoy! 😄

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That reminds me, there's been an update for the game fairly recently. Was this what that was about?

These (six swimsuits each buyable individually or in the Season Pass) are paid DLC apparently that must have been added in the past few days. But I don't have the game, so I can't say if the update was about these. I was only glimpsing an article about this game b/c curiosity.

Other so-so images of the swimsuits from the article:

Spoiler

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-7-1536x864.jpg

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-1-800x400.jpgatelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-3-1536x864.jpg

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-5-1536x864.jpg

atelier-ryza-swimsuit-dlc-6-1536x864.jpg

I've a sllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllight interest in trying Atelier, but even under the best circumstances it'd have to be on sale. I'm very hesitant about it.

---

I've also heard that Ys I&II is available on iOS. A little wary of touchscreen controls, but given I've heard of the early Ys has you simply ramming into foes, so maybe the controls aren't the worst? I'm interested.

I also heard it's possible to use the bump combat system to press an NPC girl against a wall to get her "measurements" in the first game. Something the second game referenced by letting you bump an underaged boy against a wall to get their "measurements". Freaky and wrong.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for Lulua, I don't know how well that game plays on the Switch, but I assume it should be alright.

It runs very slightly worse than the PS4 version. In other words, it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

These (six swimsuits each buyable individually or in the Season Pass) are paid DLC apparently that must have been added in the past few days.

Well it's that but also two side-stories (one of which takes place after the ending of the game). 

4 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Well, I cannot take from the post, if this was a good call. 

From the image it seems to be, so congrats!

Thank you 😄

And yeah, it was good. I got my Thesis grade and was better than expected^^.

Now i can enjoy FE without worry

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Touma best husbando

Agreed!😆

---

So, anyone think this Gen 4 Pokemon major gender differences "leak" is real?

http://lavacutcontent.com/gen-4-beta-sprites-leak/

Where it was first posted has been taken down, but being the Internet, it's going to survive and all the sprites will coalesce somewhere.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to make a topic about this.

---

I read all the Enemy Index flavor descriptions in XCX. While the Index could be better- listing enemy attacks, their specific location within the region they're located, I like having it and the flavor text. It's all scientific, if highly unrealistic that humanity could have gathered all this information in the limited time they've been on Mira. And, it isn't like the information actually has any impact on how they are from what you see. I didn't see single a Millesaur egg on a geothermal vent, or males of other species fighting for spouses or controlling harems. 

The Enemy Index makes it pretty clear too that a lot of Indigens are put into duos sharing a basic template. Caros and Grexes, Mortifoles and Sacrifoles (these are, unlike most, actually stated to be related), Duogills and Scinitures, Galdrs and Seidrs. But, the flavor entries are quite different and the visual differences are usually pretty distinct.

While at first I was going to say XCX has the most creative monster lineup and I was going to criticize XC2 as mostly rehashing XC1 monsters, on second thought, that would be wrong to say. XC2 did carry a bunch of creatures over, but a great bunch are genuinely new too, I can't be so critical.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I feel like such an evil ass right now

Spoiler

I killed off Flayn and Seteth ;-;

And Flayn's Killer, Bernie, was map MVP. It's like the game is telling me "good job on killing a father and his daughter that you betrayed for the ideals of yours and your Student."

I am even feeling with Rhea who i was so suspicous off all the time.

Shit...

Killing my current students in another route is gonna be a bitch.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Killing my current students in another route is gonna be a bitch.

You could always try recruiting the ones you love the most, even if you don't actually use them. Though Edel and 'bert will have to offed regardless.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I feel like such an evil ass right now

Hide contents

I killed off Flayn and Seteth ;-;

And Flayn's Killer, Bernie, was map MVP. It's like the game is telling me "good job on killing a father and his daughter that you betrayed for the ideals of yours and your Student."

I am even feeling with Rhea who i was so suspicous off all the time.

Spoiler

If you had defeated Flayn with Byleth, she would've been like "alright peace out" and Seteth would've followed suit upon his defeat.

You could've saved them. But instead you killed them. How could you.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You could always try recruiting the ones you love the most

Nooppeee. Wanna see the bloodshed, fully.

Spoiler
46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could've saved them. But instead you killed them. How could you.

Spoiler

Because i would've had to reset because i had units ripe for the picking there. If Byleth defeats Flayn, he wouldn't be able to Gambit other units making them sitting duck for my weaker units. Not to mention my Byleth is squishy af himself and dies in 3 attacks.

The more i play CF, the more i realise this is what a good written conquest would've been like.

Edited by Shrimperor