• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, made it to Zenith... er, I mean, the Cloudsgate Citadel. That's like two thirds in, I reckon. Almost there, then I can meet... hahaha, Xenlon, haha, I see what you did there game...

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM''
NPC: Allow us to introduce ourselves.

Ayup.
One thing I will never let CS2 live down. And CS3 has this in spades, as well, so...
I can only come to the conclusion that whoever the lead writer for these games is is either in love with the trope or salty that they didn't take his idea to make the NPCs the lead characters instead. Their boner for Aurelia Le Guin is without question, though.

---

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just shat alllllll over Cold Steel by having the main characters actually BE COMPETENT after a "win in game, lose in cutscene" moment. Just for that, this game is better than CS2 and 3 combined. F***ing FINALLY an example of that trope that DOESN'T make the main characters look like a bunch of bumbling idiots.
@Armagon To specify, I mean the cutscene right after the (amazing, by the way) boss fight that closes out Chapter 2.

Edited by DragonFlames

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The delay from charging it to actually using it is painful

Yeah that's the whole series. Although I can't recall too many Art nullifiers in Cold Steel. Sky FC's final boss and Sky SC's Fog Monsters of Doom are really annoying in this regard though.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just shat alllllll over Cold Steel by having the main characters actually BE COMPETENT after a "win in game, lose in cutscene" moment. Just for that, this game is better than CS2 and 3 combined. F***ing FINALLY an example of that trope that DOESN'T make the main characters look like a bunch of bumbling idiots.
@Armagon To specify, I mean the cutscene right after the (amazing, by the way) boss fight that closes out Chapter 2.

Yep, that's why I brought it up when we were discussing the trope earlier.

Poppi strong.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, she is quite a hot one. And the fanbase loves her afaik

I can't stand her, honestly.
Though I do think this was clear from the other times I've mentioned her.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that's the whole series. Although I can't recall too many Art nullifiers in Cold Steel.

Cold Steel 3 has a lot. Especially bosses like to do it.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Poppi strong.

Yup.
I am happy about the fact that finally finally someone used that trope well. And it's only now that I realize how deeply the misuse of it in CS has scarred me.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Cold Steel 3 has a lot. Especially bosses like to do it.

Art nullifiers wouldn't be so bad if there was like, an accessory to block them. Doesn't help that some bosses are immune toĀ your Art nullifiers.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Doesn't help that some bosses are immune toĀ your Art nullifiers.

They do that a lot, too.
Luckily, they aren't doing too much damage with them, either. And there are Master Quartz that give you a high evasion chance against Arts. The one Altina comes with is one.

Okay, this lastĀ third is not holding back the punches. I have to practically use both Sage's Stones every turn to keep up...

I might need to do one more grinding session for Xenlon, as it were.

Alright, made it to Xenlon... and I don't think I'm gonna beat her (yes, she's a girl) with my current set-up.

I guess it's back to hunting the LMS's... and finally use the stat-up seeds. Been saving them up for... well, when I felt I need them, since affecting the baselines messesĀ up level stat gains. Guess it's finally the time.

---

Well, decided to change my approach, and went to the top floor of the Rubiss Tower. Looking up, it might be better for encountering LMS. Don't looking like that so far; but I got a Mad Cap drop, which is nice. Perfect even. Most of Xenlon's attacks don't care for Defense (which is all but herĀ regular one, basically), so the "25% Spell Cost drop" property of the Mad Cap will be invaluable... Kazap, Kazap everything!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

AHAHAHAHA, I did it! Beat Xenlon... and in 31 turns. I think the first time it has to be under 35 or else she won't grant a wish.Ā Yes, it's a reference, as if the name wasn't already telling.

Well, can't wish for the extra T n T board or the Ice Cave, unfortunately. Just the Lothario/Vamp personality book and to revive Ortega. So, theĀ former latter it is.

Okay, NOW I'm done with the Erdrick trilogy. Will later begin... the Zenithian Trilogy! Some other day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I do have the GC original GC Animal Crossing, and for a time I had the Wii game City Folk. But I've since stopped playingĀ franchise. I don't dislike it, but slow-paced games that require frequent play in short durations to enjoy properly doesn't suit me. I want offline games I can pick up and drop whenever, play in long sessions, and have a definedĀ ending, thats my personal style.

I'd like to experience all the fun changes that happens over a year in Animal Crossing, but, barring time travel which undermines the experience, I'd have to play for an entire year to do that. And thats why I found Harvest Moon (long before the name change)Ā and Rune Factory more fun as a kid, not real time means everything moves waaaay faster and only when I pick up the game.

Ā 

I do remember seeing Nintendo Power post pictures of peoples' various towns in the DS game Wild World that were given a lot of flair. Namely, that stemming from people using the tailor's pattern-making feature to cover the town in squares of awesome artistry. Someone made all the SSB Melee character select iconsĀ using their handmade designs.

Ā 

Ā 

---

I can tell I'm on the cusp of getting the last two playable characters ~20 short hours into DQXI. While the game is feeling a bit too easy without any Draconian difficulty boosters in play, it's still fun. And Sylvando is the start of the show, his expressiveness makes it difficult for meĀ not to smile whenever he gets the spotlight.Ā Not to mention he just got Hustle Dance,Ā partywideĀ healing is always awesome. I'm looking forward to whenever his backstory comes to light, even though the game has already hinted at its generalĀ contours to me.

I think I'll probably play Sophie like, a month after I finish Shallie. Atelier's trilogy structure makes it easy to play the series in chunks and avoiding burnout.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd like to experience all the fun changes that happens over a year in Animal Crossing, but, barring time travel which undermines the experience, I'd have to play for an entire year to do that. And thats why I found Harvest Moon (long before the name change)Ā and Rune Factory more fun as a kid, not real time means everything moves waaaay faster and only when I pick up the game.

This is like the main reason why I'm not into Animal Crossing. The games also just don't have any goals for you, it's all you. So while some people may enjoy that, I would much prefer the game give me a defined goal.

Also the customization of the town was kinda wack since at any time, villagers could just build their homes on top of your creations. It took until New Horizons to fix this.

I was paid today for playing Switch with co-workers, having breakfast and having carnival party.

Seriously I wished more days like this.

Ā 

Anyways weekend, so I will try out Sophie later.

Might start with Lulua too since it's a mobile game.

Edited by Falcom Knight

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can tell I'm on the cusp of getting the last two playable characters ~20 short hours into DQXI. While the game is feeling a bit too easy without any Draconian difficulty boosters in play, it's still fun. And Sylvando is the start of the show, his expressiveness makes it difficult for meĀ not to smile whenever he gets the spotlight.Ā Not to mention he just got Hustle Dance,Ā partywideĀ healing is always awesome. I'm looking forward to whenever his backstory comes to light, even though the game has already hinted at its generalĀ contours to me.

That game is actually pretty long, I was surprised by that. When all was said and done, I believe it took me 100+ hours to actually finish it.

CZHbIx0.jpg

I can finally have my revenge! Taste my wrath, birds! TASTE MY ANGER!!! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

... Yeah, I think this was my most satisfying kill in this entire game so far. I spent the last half hour of gameplay touring Gormott and just slaughtering these f***ing birds for giving me so much hell when I first arrived here.

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

It's hard to say which Sophie is more adorable:

Atelier or GracesĀ 

Anyways I consider Sophie Neuenmueller asĀ :Switzerland:.

Sophie is Switzerland? XD

If you asked me which Sophie is more adorable, I'd say the Atelier one is. Nearly everything she does is adorable and she's a very relatable character, too.