The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually was not aware of this. My first encounter with this particular trope was Nowi. Well, if we want to get technical, it was Yune, but I didn't really register it with her at that point.

I mean, there's Tiki from 1990

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, there's Tiki from 1990

In retrospect, yeah, Tiki exists since... before I was born holy crap, I'm old!, but I didn't really know about her until I actually finished Shadow Dragon... which was after I played through Awakening.
So, in short, I figured that was just something that Fire Emblem liked to do.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

it was Yune, but I didn't really register it with her at that point.

I mean i don't see how she registers when she isn't playable(technically she is through Micaiah) and can't turn into a dragon

1 minute ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I mean i don't see how she registers when she isn't playable(technically she is through Micaiah) and can't turn into a dragon

She's still a little girl that is actually really old, even if she's not a dragon.
You do bring up a good point, though. Maybe I didn't notice it with Yune, because the first time you actually get to see her is the last cutscene in the game. Before that, she appeared either as a bird or spoke through Micaiah.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

You could put Histoire on there, too, now that I think about it.

Histoire is smol, and is more like a mini-form of an adult, rather than legal totally 1000 year old loli xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

If you like, go nuts!

I could, but...

I think i will get a certain reputation over here after XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Histoire is smol, and is more like a mini-form of an adult, rather than legal totally 1000 year old loli xD

True, true.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I could, but...

I think i will get a certain reputation over here after XD

Then I think the smart decision would be that you don't do it. XD
I do believe you about the trope of Loli-but-actually-really-old being present in other series besides Fire Emblem (and now Trails, I guess), though.

Lulua looks fun.

This character seems to be more emotional than Sophie from what I've seen yet.

Though I do not get these ancient quests.

Already got stuck in the first one with that Artland guy.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And that's honestly normal in a democracy. They all have different ideas and ideals, and they need tear each other apart and compromise. Both.

But not that far that they crush each other that they are on the best way to lose the title people's party.

Having no majorities for a stable coalition is a novelity.

Austria has it much worse then us. Even after the Scandal, the right extreme party  only last like 5% iirc. Also, their conservatives are much much more right leaning then ours, what's with them willing to work with right extremists and all, and even adopting some of their positions.

I thought it would have been better since last Federal President election and Ibiza-affair.

I only remember when almost a right populist of the FPO became Federal President in the former election.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

@Falcom Knight I like that Lulua Avatar.

Pretty much each picture of her is likable.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

Lulua looks fun.

This character seems to be more emotional than Sophie from what I've seen yet.

This is probably because Atelier Sophie was Gust's (the developers of Atelier) first game on the PS4, so they didn't have all their possibilities for body language and facial expressions ironed out. It shows in the environments, too. Atelier Lulua improved a lot in that regard, making the characters as a whole a lot more expressive and environments more lively and colorful.

But yes, Lulua is a great character. She's my favorite of the Atelier protagonists, with Sophie and Meruru coming in second.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Pretty much each picture of her is likable.

This is very true.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Though I do not get these ancient quests.

Already got stuck in the first one with that Artland guy.

This is the one where Aurel asks you to make an item for him, I presume?
For that one, you need to defeat a Giant Fish and then purchase the book "Gem Polishing", after which you unlock the recipe for the item he wants. Then you just need to get the materials to synthesize it.

The Alchemyriddle and Plachta in Atelier Sophie work very similarly. They both give you hints as to what you have to do to unlock different things; in Atelier Sophie, it was recipes, while Atelier Lulua adds abilities and such into the mix. The only issue is to actually decipher the hints, as they can be a bit cryptic, especially in Atelier Lulua. But that's part of what makes it fun.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I do believe you about the trope of Loli-but-actually-really-old being present in other series besides Fire Emblem (and now Trails, I guess), though.

There's also 2 kinds of those

Those are reallly old and mentally old and wise as well.

And those who are not.

Just finished watching The Clone Wars Season 7 Episode 1. I have waited years for this show to return. The wait was worth it.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is probably because Atelier Sophie was Gust's (the developers of Atelier) first game on the PS4,

That and Sophie was also on the PS3 and Vita. Lydie & Sulle became the first proper PS4 Atelier (though it also had a Switch port which i hear is.....not good).

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And those who are not.

The second one is the one that usually grinds people's gears.

Who do you ship the Ashen Wolves with?

Mine are 

Yuri x Hapi - their supports, similar backstories, and ending are all so sweet

Balthus x Hilda - No words. BEST THING EVER

Constance x Jeritza - Their supports are so sweet and just bring so much joy for me anyways

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is the one where Aurel asks you to make an item for him, I presume?
For that one, you need to defeat a Giant Fish and then purchase the book "Gem Polishing", after which you unlock the recipe for the item he wants. Then you just need to get the materials to synthesize it.

Yes, this one.

Then I was very far away of solving this riddle.

M34BjNq.jpg

Just look at her face.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And those who are not.

The one that sparked this discussion certainly belongs in the former category. Even if she's seemingly fond of teasing people.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That and Sophie was also on the PS3 and Vita. Lydie & Sulle became the first proper PS4 Atelier (though it also had a Switch port which i hear is.....not good).

This is similar to Nights of Azure's situation. The first one also came out on PS3 and Vita in addition to the PS4, whereas the sequel was a PS4 exclusive until it got ported to the Switch. Though I can't say anything about that particular Switch port, since I haven't gotten it. Suffice it to say, the Switch version of Nights of Azure 2 was the only one I ever saw a physical release for.
And I am sorry for talking about Nights of Azure again.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The second one is the one that usually grinds people's gears.

And I'm that weird guy who doesn't really mind either way.

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

M34BjNq.jpg

Just look at her face.

The textbook definition of adorable.

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Yes, this one.

Then I was very far away of solving this riddle.

Hope I could help you out a little!

ERUasuQWkAEl-Ip?format=jpg&name=large

ERUatD7WkAE-v7c?format=jpg&name=small

ERUatLYW4AA_rFv?format=jpg&name=small

Shallie, we need to talk.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Suffice it to say, the Switch version of Nights of Azure 2 was the only one I ever saw a physical release for.

I've seen physical releases for Lydie & Sulle and Ryza (didn't actually see the Ryza one, i just know they exist). Though it seems they were limited, at least in Ryza's case, as Koei Tecmo confirmed that they won't be reprinting the physical versions of Atelier Ryza in North America.

Only time i've every seen a big collection of physical niche games at a retailer was the PSVita section at GameStop. And they don't have that anymore. 

Edit: that's a lie, local game retailers are filled with retro and niche games. That's where i saw the physical copy for Lydie & Sulle. I've also seen a physical copy of Xenosaga 3 at a local retailer in a mall once.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

But of course it helped, thanks!

No problem! Always happy to provide help when I can!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I've seen physical releases for Lydie & Sulle and Ryza (didn't actually see the Ryza one, i just know they exist). Though it seems they were limited, at least in Ryza's case, as Koei Tecmo confirmed that they won't be reprinting the physical versions of Atelier Ryza in North America.

I believe I remember seeing physical copies of Atelier Ryza when I went out to get Dragon Star Varnir and Trails of Cold Steel III recently. Some electronics stores in my area have a rather large selection of games and seeing physical versions of niche titles like Super Neptunia RPG, Atelier Ryza and the aforementioned Dragon Star Varnir is luckily quite common... sometimes, at least. Other times, you'll be glad the option to buy digitally exists, like in the case of Nights of Azure 2 when that game first released.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Darn it, Shallistera... where do you get off calling contaminated water “valuable”?

I can't even give her the benefit of the doubt because like, yeah there's a drought going on. And the whole premise is finding a way to restore the world's water.....but it's not like the situation is that desperate. Dried up seabeds aside, people seem to be doing fine.

I know i said i got used to it but Atelier Shallie's  Life Tasks being just worse Alchemyriddle is really making that clear. There's one Life Task where Wilbell summons a sheep monsters and she's like "use that to train" so i fought it. The fucker has 99999 HP but it does jack shit. It's literally a wall of HP that you beat the shit out of. 2x fast forward and mash A. You cannot lose. So after like 10 minutes, i beat it and it checks it off the Life Task and what do i get out of it? Absolutely nothing. Not event, no items, heck not even EXP. Like what the fuck? Give me reasons to do these Life Tasks game. The only reason i have to do these is because i literally can't progress the chapter if i don't.

The Life Task gates feel like the Community Level gates in Torna ~ The Golden Country except with Torna, every sidequest was it's own little ministory. The Community Level made the world feel more alive. The Life Tasks just feel like padding. 

Unrelated to that, Atelier Shallie probably has the weakest cast out of any Atelier game i've played. They aren't bad of course but i felt that the cast got better when the returning characters from the two previous games. The new characters are kinda weak in comparison and are kinda carried by their predecessors. Also has to do with the fact that i can't fucking hear some of them. Shallistera, Jurie, Miruca, y'all need to speak louder.

Okay, time to head for the Auld Well. I'm pretty much at the half-way mark of Chapter 1, as it is.

Amusingly, I saw that the scene with Aigneas jogging her husband's memory is still the censored version. In the Japanese script, she supposedly does it via... puff-puff. Yeah. Personally, this is actually a change I don't mind much. Mostly because, when said scene happens, it's with her husband in a jail cell. So basically, it boils down to... how could she possibly give him a puff-puff with a cell door in the way?

... on second thought, if there is a answer, I don't think I wanna know.

Anyway! Auld Well, yes, that's where I go now...

---

Well, not a long dungeon. Recruited Healie and got the Talaria shoes. Hmm, it's too late for me now. Will finish Chapter 1 some other time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On today's episode of DragonFlames rants about Cold Steel III....
I actually don't have anything to rant about. The hyped-up boss fight that was supposed to be THE big moment for Class VII actually turned out to be THE big moment for Class VII. No NPC interrupting to save the day at the last minute (the one that was there made sense, because she was there the whole time, so no Deus Ex Machina BS), no "LOL, this isn't even my final form!" moment. It was just Class VII finally being allowed to be awesome. And damn, awesome they were! The boss fight was hype incarnate (though the battle theme was anything but, sadly), really fun to beat and tough as nails. It certainly delivered on the hype the game made around it, that's for damn sure. The dungeon leading up to him was awesome, too!

I already knew the boss from Dragon Star Varnir, which only added to the hype of finally facing him in his original incarnation. Upper screenshot is him in Trails, lower is him in Dragon Star, for comparison.

j1X7LvL.jpg
pAcJ7OY.jpg

And the post-battle conversation was an awesome moment for Emma of all people. The scene managed to be funny, as well. Spoilers ahead:

vFfuzbD.jpga7DIaNR.jpg2uNim9J.jpgmM2rD6P.jpg
Reminder that Roselia is Emma's grandmother AND the most powerful Witch around. And badass Emma just talks her down into a stuttering mess. It's amazing!

... And then, Blue Destination happened. The hype was tangible at that point.

Suffice it to say, these last few hours of gameplay were Trails at its best - as was Chapter 3 until that one ruined it at the last minute. Not so here! Props, CS3. Props.