The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Oh great, my throat hurts so bad I can barely talk without it feeling like someone wrapped the f***ing Sword of the Creator around my neck, I'm constantly coughing, which only adds to the pain AND my stomach cramps are back.

F*** you, life. F*** you.

Edited by DragonFlames
Edits to avoid double posts

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh great, my throat hurts so bad I can barely talk without it feeling like someone wrapped the f***ing Sword of the Creator around my neck, I'm constantly coughing, which only adds to the pain AND my stomach cramps are back.

You should probably check over the Phone with a doctor.

And get well soon!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You should probably check over the Phone with a doctor.

And get well soon!

Thank you!

I am almost convinced I just caught a cold, since I haven't exactly been anywhere these past few days, but better safe than sorry as they say.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So yeah, I think that was Ether at the bottom of the pit in Mor Ardain.

Yeah, that makes the most sense. But given that a manmade pit was clearly built around it, pure Ether like that definitly has some use. And given Mor Ardain's age, it's probably hot enough to be like magma at least. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another thought about Mor Ardain, later XC2 Titan SPOILERS.:

Spoiler

The thing about the Morythian Titan is that it's actually stated to be rotting. Basically, the Titan itself is dead and the only reason it hasn't sunk beneath the Cloud Sea is because it somehow managed to hang on the edge of the abyss. Now that begs the question of how it's able to foster life but dead stuff makes for great fertilizer. It's possible that dead Titans can still foster life in some capacity but because nearly all of them effectively go underwater completely when they die, it's unable to harbor anything other than aquatic organisms. This is supported by the crab monster that was living in that box that Rex salvaged from that one Titan at the start of the game. Uraya and Genbu can harbor life underneath the Cloud Sea though, so what about them? Well appearently they can't dive too deep because sea pressure is still a thing. The Titans themselves would probably be fine giving their gargantuan sizes but not the stuff living in them. Besides, even if Titans like Uraya and Genbu can harbor life inside them after death, anything in them is trapped forever. Uraya literally needs a giant door to keep the water from flowing in.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How large are the Alrestian Titans? I remember the XC1 duo was stated in an old interview to be the size of Japan, although the interview didn't explain whether this means both Mechonis and Bionis combined, or each individually is one Japan. And size itself is an ambiguous term, in what way does the duo compare in size to Japan? Japan is a "2D" country, Bionis and Mechonis are "3D" with a lot more surface area, people can live on its back and its front. 

It's never really stated how big the Alrestian Titans are so me saying they are smaller than Bionis and Mechonis is more of a guess. However, given how many Titans there are (including the ones we don't see) and all of them are orbiting the World Tree close enough to where it can be seen regardless of where you are (besides those living underneath the Cloud Sea), i'd say they can't be that big in comparison to the XC1 duo.

The big thing here though (heh) is that Bionis is able to have a variety of ecosystems. Plains, marshes, seas, mountains, forests. Mechonis itself can't harbor life, well, not biologically anyway but compare Bionis to Alrestian Titans. Each of them is only able to be big enough for one type of ecosystem and that's assuming they grow big enough to even carry life.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Why do cute Alchemist waifus get such awesome banger tracks

I am not complaining, but i am surprised xD

Did someone say banger tracks?

Literal translation from the Japanese name, i believe the English name is "Soaring Winds, Hazy Clouds".

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh that ain't good. Hopefully it doesn't last too long and you recover quickly.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that ain't good. Hopefully it doesn't last too long and you recover quickly.

Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did someone say banger tracks?

I kinda want to share the banger I've talked about earlier, that one track that is in my top 5 of video game music (I'm sure you know which one from Atelier Lulua I'm talking about), but I also don't want to spoil anything for Shrimperor on the off chance he hasn't heard it before.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon!

Or else...

Or else you'll be forced to watch this on loop for an hour:

Spoiler

...Puni
Politics
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
🤣
Slimes organizing a protest to gain citizenship
pfffffffffft
🤣
wth
hahaha

Puni Rangers!

pfffffffftt

xD

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I kinda want to share the banger I've talked about earlier, that one track that is in my top 5 of video game music (I'm sure you know which one from Atelier Lulua I'm talking about), but I also don't want to spoil anything for Shrimperor on the off chance he hasn't heard it before.

...Cygnus?

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Awww, I lost adult Neptune. 😪

She'll come back. Eventually.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, when can i craft weapons? Are the materials hard to get?

You can craft in Megadimension? I don't remember this. If it was there, i never bothered with it. Tbh, you don't need to.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...Puni
Politics
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
🤣
pfffffffffft
🤣
wth
hahaha

Puni Rangers!

pfffffffftt

xD

After that, killing Puni becamse so weird because this game established that Puni are capable of intelligent thought.

Sorry Puni, but some of y'all drop rare materials. It is what it is.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She'll come back. Eventually.

You can craft in Megadimension? I don't remember this. If it was there, i never bothered with it. Tbh, you don't need to.

Sorry, development is what I meant.

Also, when does she come back!? That's need to know information!

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why do I get the feeling this screenshot is Les Yay-tastic?

Umm, what is that?

@DragonFlames

Get well soon!

I know this feeling way too well lately.

I read reviews like Ryza saved the series, or rather fanservice saved the series aka her thicc thighs, moving breasts and heavy ass.

Yes, Ryza is more sexualized, but only taking her body into account is a massive insult since this game has great gameplay and world building and Reisalin does not only impress from her outside. 

Anyways has the series really have done that badly before?

Edited by Falcom Knight

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry, development is what I meant.

Just do quests and the like.

Speaking of development, since it can be kinda missable, i'm gonna link to you the true end requirements in case you want to know. It doesn't have any spoilers btw.

If you're playing VIIR, then there is only the true ending.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, when does she come back!? That's need to know information!

Third arc.

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Anyways has the series really have done that badly before?

An interview back when Atelier Sophie came out stated that Gust has to release an Atelier game every year in order to stay afloat. So while Atelier isn't neccisarily doing badly, Gust is also in a position where they need to release games yearly in order to stay afloat. Atelier is their moneymaker so it's not like the series was in any danger (though Lulua only sold 8K iirc, which explains why last year had two games).

But also Ryza was the first game to actually recieve marketing, something other Atelier games lack. Only reason i found out about Atelier was because Hidari was doing the art for Echoes.

Wow, Lulua was sold that poorly.

This explains why its price dropped so fast.

I came to Atelier because of Shallistera's art on the game cover.

At first I could not into the Alchemy system, but today I can say that I would like to retry this game in the future since I understand the gimmick of this series and can get used to the very bright atmosphere.

Apparently Mangs beat chapter 10 without deaths despite not having Effie.

I can't even do it in normal.

Seriously I don't understand this guy.

I think he's not even a bad player, just does not take the "easier" games seriously and overrestimates himself by playing absolutely careless.

Keep seeing that name lately. Mangs. He a well-known FE player or something?

Anyway... well, made it to Ballymoral, and dealt with that foxy situation in Shinnock. Also, I had no idea I could encounter an inn as a random encounter! Woah, that was crazy. Road's open to Endor now. Hmm, took a while but now we have chapter locations starting to overlap. Well, that's for next time.

Mangs is one of the most popular FE LPers, what does not automatically say best. He rather goes for entertainment with his commentary, his waifu claiming and his unintended mistakes in strategical thinking and calculating. 

He's fun, if you like (bad) comedy, but if you want to watch a FE LP as learning material, you definitely should watch someone else.

That said I belong to latter, but I watch his ironmans just out of curiousity.

I hardly watch FE LPs nowadays.

MarkyJoe, my favorite, has rarely done anything lately.

Edited by Falcom Knight

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Get well soon!

Or else...

Or else you'll be forced to watch this on loop for an hour:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...Puni
Politics
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
🤣
pfffffffffft
🤣
wth
hahaha

Puni Rangers!

pfffffffftt

xD

This is one reason why Atelier Lulua is my favorite in the series along with... basically everything else about that game. I laughed my ass off at that scene. XD

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...Cygnus?

How did you know?!?
Yes, that song is so damn good! In my opinion, easily the best music from the Atelier series (not that the rest is bad, mind you. I love Atelier music).

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

After that, killing Puni becamse so weird because this game established that Puni are capable of intelligent thought.

How dare you...
Jokes aside, I can agree with this sentiment. Puniballs are too damn useful in synthesis (sometimes even mandatory) and the only way to get those is murdering Punis.

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

@DragonFlames

Get well soon!

I know this feeling way too well lately.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I read reviews like Ryza saved the series, or rather fanservice saved the series aka her thicc thighs, moving breasts and heavy ass.

Yes, Ryza is more sexualized, but only taking her body into account is a massive insult since this game has great gameplay and world building and Reisalin does not only impress from her outside.

I couldn't agree more! Atelier Ryza is a really good game and Ryza herself is a great character, as well. Reducing her to her... boingy bits is doing the game and her a great disservice.

This is also how I feel about Nights of Azure and its sequel. Many people I've talked to outside of this forum only see those games for the yuri and the mammaries and dismiss it because of that , when it's story, characters, gameplay and music are all pretty fantastic. So fantastic that the first one is still my absolute favorite game.
One of these days, I'll continue the LP, too. I just need to start a New Game and then play until the part where I screwed up the screenshots without noticing it the first time through.

---

To everyone worried that I caught the corona virus, first of all, thank you very much for your concern, but I talked with a doctor over the phone earlier and they said not to worry, as the symptoms point towards a heavier cold more than anything else. Also, I feel a bit better today. Still can't talk without my throat burning up, but at least the coughing is gone now.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

#PuniLivesMatter

They should've had an event where when you kill too many Punis Black Puni reappears and one-shots the party xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you know?!?

The main reason i got interested in the series is because of the OST xD

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just do quests and the like.

Speaking of development, since it can be kinda missable, i'm gonna link to you the true end requirements in case you want to know. It doesn't have any spoilers btw.

If you're playing VIIR, then there is only the true ending.

Third arc.

Oh, my... that seems doable! 

I am playing the original. 

This pleases me greatly! 

The combat kinda reminds me of Xenosaga, where you "combo" attacks.

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Wow, Lulua was sold that poorly.

Yeah, i recall hearing that it sold the lowest out of modern Atelier. 

Maybe if Koei Tecmo actually marketed the game...

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They should've had an event where when you kill too many Punis Black Puni reappears and one-shots the party xD

There are Puni capable of this.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The combat kinda reminds me of Xenosaga, where you "combo" attacks.

Eh kinda. It's a lot more comparable to Trails though.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eh kinda. It's a lot more comparable to Trails though.

Haven't played it, so I cant really say. But that's the closest that I knew of, easily.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

The main reason i got interested in the series is because of the OST xD

Cygnus was a big reason for me to purchase Lulua, so I understand that sentiment, haha!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

#PuniLivesMatter

"Hey, what should we do with these Punis?"
"KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!! ... I need more Puniballs."

And then the Dusk trilogy is like
RxZxFor.png
NO PUNIS ALLOWED!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are Puni capable of this.

Have you gotten the option to purchase rumors in Atelier Sophie yet? One lategame one tells about a very mighty Puni called

Admiral Puni.

Fighting that thing is... something.

And then there are the Super Punis in the other games, which can give you a run for your money if they catch you unawares.
So yeah, don't underestimate Punis just because they look cute.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Have you gotten the option to purchase rumors in Atelier Sophie yet? One lategame one tells about a very mighty Puni called

Yeah, rumors is one of the first things they teach you about. Haven't really messed with it yet tho. 

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So yeah, don't underestimate Punis just because they look cute.

Yeah

10-puni07.jpg

Classic Atelier is gonna be a trip once I get around to it.

How Lulua looks: uWu imma cutie

How she acts and sounds: Imma Kick your ass if you don't listen to me, Mister! Lulua Kicko!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah

10-puni07.jpg

Classic Atelier is gonna be a trip once I get around to it.

wth xD