The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I'm kinda goofed in RD because I put all of my good people in groups n or two:

Aran and Laura, my uncontested MVPs are both in group one, alongside Oscar and Marcia. Sanaki has been a beast, as well as Naesala and 

Group two had Ike, Haar, Rolf, Mist, Soren, Titania and Boyd.

Group three has mostly part two units who I didn't use. My only good units are Tibarn and Gatrie, who can't be everywhere at once. I have to turtle super slowly. The first map took 134 turns becuse of the hecking Mercy skill and everyone was useless and had to be protected.

Not looking forward to my next map, but I get my second third-tier unit. Gatrie has some help!

• Replies 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

IT WAS HER ALL ALONG

Unbenannt.PNG

LOOOOL!

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NGL, if Rean x Altina is well done, i wouldn't mind despite the creepy aspect, since all his ships, especially the 'main' one, are pretty bleh. Like, super bleh.

I will say, creepy aspects aside, their relationship was one of the better aspects of the game's (and Rean's) writing. It even managed to make me go "aww" at times, particularly in her bonding events. Time will tell if CS4 follows through on that or not, writing quality-wise.
It's certainly a much better buildup than anything Alisa ever got, that's for sure...

Edited by DragonFlames

In case you want to see the scene in question

God, I love this scene so much.

44 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's a dungeon, by the way.

Puni dungeon

Puni dungeon

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm still in the area with the branching path stuff on the way to Rex' hometown. The unique enemy I'm talking about lurks around on the path to the left, which has the weaker enemies. It looks like a bigger version of those quadrupedal, wingless dragon-like things that are also running around, if that helps.

Yeah, Confiscator Jimmy (Unique Monster names, let's gooo). Yeah, you can go around. Pretty sure you can.

If not, you can try placing your tanks in the lead (Tora and Morag) and just make a run for it. He'll stop chasing you eventually.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

IT WAS HER ALL ALONG

Unbenannt.PNG

Smh, can't believe Micaiah did that. She's canceled now.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, Confiscator Jimmy (Unique Monster names, let's gooo). Yeah, you can go around. Pretty sure you can.

If not, you can try placing your tanks in the lead (Tora and Morag) and just make a run for it. He'll stop chasing you eventually.

I'll try that, see if it works, because as I am right now, I can't really defeat it.
Now I'm waiting for an Archduke Bob or something.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Smh, can't believe Micaiah did that. She's canceled now.

As if the fanbase couldn't hate her enough... poor girl.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Now I'm waiting for an Archduke Bob or something.

You jest but this could genuinely be a Unique Monster name. I mean, Xenoblade 1 has Flabbergasted Jerome.

Xenoblade 2 has Chickenheart Dagmara, and it's all fun and games until you find out he's a Lv.120 Superboss. 

Just now, Armagon said:

You jest but this could genuinely be a Unique Monster name. I mean, Xenoblade 1 has Flabbergasted Jerome.

Lmao.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 has Chickenheart Dagmara, and it's all fun and games until you find out he's a Lv.120 Superboss. 

Level 120?!?
Then I'd rather not see what would happen if Dagmara decided to be Braveheart Dagmara instead...

Hehe, I was waiting for someone bringing up Micaiah's corona skill.

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My university sent an e-mail around advising people to stop travelling altogether. And they said that no one who was in any "risk zone" these past 14 days is allowed to even enter the facilities.
And I heard from my grandmother that there is a case of corona in my hometown as well. It's a good thing I can use my cold as an excuse to not go outside for the time being...
Also, the store near my home was all out of toilet paper the last time I was there, which was weird.

We are sent to homeoffice from now on........... and I don't have a laptop by the employer.

Means vacation for me from now on.

Business as usual in the Philippines, with ~30 confirmed cases to date. And a President that speaks in tongues. 

Ho boy. United we're utterly and royally fucked.

Edited by Karimlan

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Level 120?!?

That's not even the highest leveled Superboss. There's a Lv.130 Superboss called Tyranotitan Kurodil and it's the only enemy in the entire game that can inflict Doom, a status effect that instantly kills you in five seconds. The only accessories that can nullify it are DLC but thankfully, Doom can be prevented even without said accessories. If you get hit by it, completing a Blade Combo or using a Lv.4 Blade Special or using a Chain Attack at the right time will negate it because i-frames. And Doom doesn't have a 100% chance of working in the first place (as long as your i-frames last longer than the five seconds, you're fine).

Btw, Superbosses don't show up until the final chapter so you don't have to worry about them ambushing you. Well, I think Gladiator Orion and Kurodil do show up earlier but only in remote places and for the latter, you need to awaken him, which requires quite a few Field Skills. Coincidentally, both Orion and Kurodil don't actually move so they can't ambush you even if they wanted to.

Edit: and then the Land of Challenge DLC that features a Lv 150 Superboss and two Lv.200 enemies.

Edited by Armagon

22 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

We are sent to homeoffice from now on........... and I don't have a laptop by the employer.

Means vacation for me from now on.

Paid vacation, I hope? XD

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Since currently it's lecture free time, not much will happen in universities

the real fun starts in april, when lectures starts again

If they start again, that is. They've closed down schools and universities all over Europe, after all. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that with ours, too.
If it doesn't close down, it'll be fun to see how many people will actually show up. I wonder if we can beat the attendance "record" of 5 including the professor that I observed last semester...

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not even the highest leveled Superboss. There's a Lv.130 Superboss called Tyranotitan Kurodil and it's the only enemy in the entire game that can inflict Doom, a status effect that instantly kills you in five seconds. The only accessories that can nullify it are DLC but thankfully, Doom can be prevented even without said accessories. If you get hit by it, completing a Blade Combo or using a Lv.4 Blade Special or using a Chain Attack at the right time will negate it because i-frames. And Doom doesn't have a 100% chance of working in the first place (as long as your i-frames last longer than the five seconds, you're fine).

Btw, Superbosses don't show up until the final chapter so you don't have to worry about them ambushing you. Well, I think Gladiator Orion and Kurodil do show up earlier but only in remote places and for the latter, you need to awaken him, which requires quite a few Field Skills. Coincidentally, both Orion and Kurodil don't actually move so they can't ambush you even if they wanted to.

Edit: and then the Land of Challenge DLC that features a Lv 150 Superboss and two Lv.200 enemies.

That sounds like a fun challenge for the postgame.
Though this does make me wonder: what is the level cap in Xenoblade 2? I assumed it's 99, but now that I read about these level 100+ superbosses, it makes me doubt that assumption.
Is it like Tales, where the level cap is usually 200? Or can you go over even that like in Neptunia?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I did an Ironman of that game once, actually. It's the only game I did one of those with so far.
I only lost Leanne and Aran in Part 4 due to underestimating the ranges of Halberdier reinforcements in the first map of Micaiah's group (the one where you first get to use Skrimir, Sanaki, and Naesala), everybody else made it through, thankfully.

Only those two? That's impressive, considering how the first part is hard as hell, and not only that, the higher number of enhanced crit mooks makes for more chances to lose a unit to bad luck.

Lulua vs. Redo Dragon go go!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wonder if we can beat the attendance "record" of 5 including the professor that I observed last semester...

5 people is a pretty normal number for higher courses hmmm...

LOL imagine being in univeristy.

Then there's me, still in middle school. No lectures for me to deal with! Of course, I still have polynomials...can't wait until I'm done with those.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Only those two? That's impressive, considering how the first part is hard as hell, and not only that, the higher number of enhanced crit mooks makes for more chances to lose a unit to bad luck.

Full disclosure, I didn't play it on the hardest difficulty.
And yes, Part 1 was still very tough, but I cheesed most of it with the OP units it gives you towards the end. My go to strategy for Part 1's endgame, for example, is to give Nailah Savior and Pass, have her rescue Micaiah and carry her all the way to the throne, killing as many mooks as possible on the way. Everything Nailah leaves standing gets fed to everybody else.
I also dumped all the bonus EXP I got from Part 1 into Ilyana who had Paragon. How I made it through the Dawn Brigade's Part 3 chapters is anyone's guess.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

5 people is a pretty normal number for higher courses hmmm...

The courses I went to last semester averaged around 10 people. 5 was the lowest I had seen yet.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Full disclosure, I didn't play it on the hardest difficulty.
And yes, Part 1 was still very tough, but I cheesed most of it with the OP units it gives you towards the end. My go to strategy for Part 1's endgame, for example, is to give Nailah Savior and Pass, have her rescue Micaiah and carry her all the way to the throne, killing as many mooks as possible on the way. Everything Nailah leaves standing gets fed to everybody else.
I also dumped all the bonus EXP I got from Part 1 into Ilyana who had Paragon. How I made it through the Dawn Brigade's Part 3 chapters is anyone's guess.

Honestly, I think RD Hard mode is bullshit anyhow. Anyway, I tend to not bother with the overpowered units the game gives you in part 1, because it only sets you up for failure later on. Of course, maybe I'm one of those who thinks if you get a blatantly overpowered unit in these games, there's likely a catch. See: Sacred Stones and Orson. After that, I'd be rather hesitant to let the likes of Tauroneo, Nailah, etc. see frequent use in part 1. That being said, I use Tauroneo and the BK as unarmed meatshields in part 1.

Also, I finished 3H last month, and decided to marry Bernie because Wynaut.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Of course, maybe I'm one of those who thinks if you get a blatantly overpowered unit in these games, there's likely a catch. See: Sacred Stones and Orson.

Ditto. See also: Wolf and Sedgar in Shadow Dragon.

Edited by Karimlan

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Though this does make me wonder: what is the level cap in Xenoblade 2? I assumed it's 99, but now that I read about these level 100+ superbosses, it makes me doubt that assumption.

It's Lv.99. That's how it is in Xenoblade 1 and Torna as well. Xenoblade X's level cap is 60 but that's relative as the highest-leveled Superboss in that game is Lv.99. And Torna is a bit weird because the only enemies that are higher than Lv.60 are Superbosses, of which only one is above the level cap.

It's not as bad as it sounds. Unless it's Xenoblade 1 because of the level penalties. 

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Then there's me, still in middle school. No lectures for me to deal with! Of course, I still have polynomials...can't wait until I'm done with those.

Damn, and i thought i was the youngest person in this thread.

Edited by Armagon