The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Carnival and stuff should've definetly been canceled. Dunno why they went ahead with all the festives though.

And there should've been more restrictions on travelers coming from risk areas. Now everyone will get restricted.

Yup.

Again, state matter not federal matter.

Makes you wonder what the point of having a minister of health even is if all that guy does is say "yeah, that's to everyone's own disgression".

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Most states already announced closing of Schools and unis though, including my own.

Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Schleswig-Holstein und Thüringen.

And the rest will follow, for sure.

Let's hope so. Hessen certainly hasn't budged on the subject even though the cases of confirmed Corona-infections more than doubled in the span of two hours yesterday.

---

If you've been wondering why I'm getting so heated on the subject (apologies for that, by the way. I'll try to calm down a bit): I'm an asthma patient, so I'm exactly the kind of person who shouldn't catch that crap. If I do, that's game over for me as far as I've heard.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Humanity adapted to Dragons XD

Humans be like: "Not so scary now, huh, ya scaly bastards?!?"

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Makes you wonder what the point of having a minister of health even is if all that guy does is say "yeah, that's to everyone's own disgression".

When this is all over and done, we should definetly talk about what powers the different state governments and the federal govermnet have. Federalism is good and all, but it has it's weakness in times such as this.

We don't need the states squabbling over what to do in crisis times.

Although shouldn't the federal government theoritcally have more powers in those times according to the law anyway?  So it might be a matter of execution rather than law. Because no one was prepared for this.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you've been wondering why I'm getting so heated on the subject (apologies for that, by the way. I'll try to calm down a bit): I'm an asthma patient, so I'm exactly the kind of person who shouldn't catch that crap. If I do, that's game over for me as far as I've heard.

I can totally understand you, and i am also a bit scared myself (I have older family, and i don't want to infect any of those. Not to mention my own illness from the last 2 year). But panic won't help anyone, and the best we can do is follow the instructions to 'flatten the curve' so not many people get ill at the same time.

Just stay at home, go only outside if you have to, and play games xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Humans be like: "Not so scary now, huh, ya scaly bastards?!?"

Plot Twist: most FE lords are from Arland

Just now, Shrimperor said:
When this is all over and done, we should definetly talk about what powers the different state governments and the federal govermnet have. Federalism is good and all, but it has it's weakness in times such as this.

We don't need the states squabbling over what to do in crisis times.

100% Truth right here.
This whole ordeal could definitely prove a great learning experience.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I can totally understand you, and i am also a bit scared myself (I have older family, and i don't want to infect any of those. Not to mention my own illness from the last 2 year). But panic won't help anyone, and the best we can do is follow the instructions to 'flatten the curve' so not many people get ill at the same time.

That is also completely true.
Hope you and your family stay safe, too!

Just stay at home, go only outside if you have to, and play games xD

So, keep doing what I've been doing? Fine by me, haha!

Plot Twist: most FE lords are from Arland

Cute alchemist girl as a lord when?

On the subject of coronavirus, the Trump adminstration isn't allowing states to expand medicaid programs to help coronavirus patients because of course he isn't (even though medicaid was expanded to cover swine flu patients during the swine flu pandemic of 2009). Another example of how America has been stupidly incompetent when it comes to coronavirus (America is incompetent when it comes to healthcare in general but that's another discussion).

Can't wait to vote out Trump in November (he's probably gonna stay as much as i hate to admit it tho, since it's rare for Presidents to not run a second term).

Enough of politcs. The first Clone Wars season 7 arc just ended. The Bad Batch arc isn't as good as some previous arcs (like Battle of Umbara) but damn, this arc was a good reintroduction back to Clone Wars. Episode 4 is the best one of the season so far.

eah, and this is all due Germany (our stupid, incompetent, irresponsible, and reckless government in particular) underestimating the situation, still clinging to the belief that "it's not that bad" - because other countries put entire areas and cities under quarantine and close their borders for fun, right? - and due to Merkel's usual M.O. of sitting on her hands and doing absolutely nothing besides spouting empty words that neither help anyone nor mean anything, nothing will happen to change this. And people wonder why I have a seething hatred for politicians.

Sometimes I wonder if they are deliberately trying to make our lives miserable or if they're just that dumb...

EDIT: I know that some are doing something, like canceling festivals and the like, but compared to what other countries are doing, I feel that it isn't enough. Not by a long shot.

It's not like it has not been done enough, it's rather they don't know what to do because of its fast spread.

No one has been prepared for a pandemy like this because seriously none like this has been happened in the last century.SARS in the early 2000s just had a fraction of cases.

The health minister has done his job well imo.

It's just like not everyone follows his advices.

Like taking place sports events without public instead of cancelling is just dumb.

Instead in the stadium, the crowd is in front of it.

I think the world will learn its lesson and will elaborate measures quicker next time.

Anyways I musn't be depressed by these news, gonna continue Ryza.

It took me a whiiiiiilllllleeeeee, but finally there's a world map with quick travel.

Edited by Falcom Knight

As gamers, we're at least more used to social isolation than most.😉

Back into the groove of EOV and now I'm farming materials, money, and some levels before confronting the 5th Stratum boss. I went and got the Answerer for my Chain Duelist, their ultimate weapon and maxed Chain Freeze should hack the boss apart. I thought the Primordiphant had the ultimate cannon, but nope, it's one of the postgame superbosses. Still, I'll fight it now b/c its drops should sell for a lot, and I can then buy the Ninety-Three armor for my Elemancer. I'll tackle the postgame to get the ultimates for everyone, and then move onto my third play of EOV. Because I'm not gonna even try against the 6th Stratum superboss.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Consumable items are sorta an underdeveloped/plain aspect of FE. A lord who primarily finds their utility in what items they bring with them (and everything in the convoy they can always access on the battlefield) would be a new thing. Fates had those not very useful Potent Potion and Quick Salve skills, I wouldn't mind seeing more/better of this kind.

48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This whole ordeal could definitely prove a great learning experience.

Maybe we can finally learn from this and advance digitalizing stuff (everything! i shouldn't need to get an appointment and wait for a month and go to the Meldebehörde just register a new adress, as an example. Should be done online. Only new IDs/Passports and the like should require personal attendence), change the our work culture (I am all ill but can totally work! really now?) and become more flexible in general.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't wait to vote out Trump in November (he's probably gonna stay as much as i hate to admit it tho, since it's rare for Presidents to not run a second term).

If dems don't go Bernie, i doubt Biden can defeat Trump.

33 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

It's just like not everyone follows his advices.

That's the thing, these advices shouldn't have been advices, but rather orders. Bundesliga games, meetings and festivies and stuff should've been canceled long ago. 

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, keep doing what I've been doing? Fine by me, haha!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not me... xD

I hate this ngl. I wanna meet my friends, go outside, walk, etc.

But better safe than sorry

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Consumable items are sorta an underdeveloped/plain aspect of FE. A lord who primarily finds their utility in what items they bring with them (and everything in the convoy they can always access on the battlefield) would be a new thing. Fates had those not very useful Potent Potion and Quick Salve skills, I wouldn't mind seeing more/better of this kind

I have been thinking about it for a bit lately.

An Alchemist class

Abilities:

• Ranged item use: Can use Items on allies in x (=Mag?) Range
  • Weapon Repair and forging: Can repair and forge weapons during battle if there are enough resources in convoy.
  • Create Tonics & Potions: given enough resources, can create Tonics & Potions on the battlefield (with stronger ones having a turn cost) and use them
  • Item & Trading Canto: Unit can move & use one more action after using an item or trading. (Max 1 more action per turn)
  • Explosive weapons: can turn broken weapons into explosives and throw them.

Jumping into the Super Robot Wars rabbit hole (after faintly remembering playing a title that was on the Gameboy Advance) after a long time with Super Robot Wars T. And bought Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate to see if I really have the aptitude for these kinds of games (after being told by friends that God Eater and Dauntless don't really count, wink wink).

Edited by Karimlan

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If dems don't go Bernie, i doubt Biden can defeat Trump.

Biden stands no chance, yeah. Bernie would be the best outcome but Democrats and just the election system in general keeps fucking him over.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As a Floridian, i was already used to it because imagine going out while the Florida sun is up.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fates had those not very useful Potent Potion and Quick Salve skills, I wouldn't mind seeing more/better of this kind

Fates had the Puppeteer class which is probably the closest we'll get to an Alchemist class. Puppeteer's could like, summon a mechanical thingy which is kinda similar to some Atelier items. 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I hate this ngl. I wanna meet my friends, go outside, walk, etc.

But better safe than sorry

Same. Spring break is gonna last at LEAST a month around here. And my dad's coworkers took all of our toilet paper. (??? People are weird.) Most people are hoarding food and toilet paper around here, we're hoarding d and d stuff so we have stuff to do. I hope they have another sale on Atelier soon so I can download it this time. If I'd known Corona would be screwing everything up I would have got it last time : - (

And Flash will be dead soon.

Edited by Benice

Biden stands no chance, yeah. Bernie would be the best outcome but Democrats and just the election system in general keeps fucking him over

For me it's the exact opposite.

If one of the two has a chance, then only Biden.

The people who want a "normal" America again don't want to have someone who's going to make turn around from right to left.

Biden is a tougher rival for Trump for sure although he's none because he will not see a chance against him anyways.#

People like to forget that Trump actually brought some results.

I just got a new mobile phone today because I accidently destroyed mine at work.

Though I don't know how to make my phone become a phone since I can't open it to insert a sim-card.

Means I live further in isolation.

Under current circumstances maybe not the worst idea......... but it was not suppossed to be for phone contact.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I just got a new mobile phone today because I accidently destroyed mine at work.

Though I don't know how to make my phone become a phone since I can't open it to insert a sim-card.

Means I live further in isolation.

Under current circumstances maybe not the worst idea......... but it was not suppossed to be for phone contact.

I don't know for certain, but you should be able to just up the back of the phone. There's probably tutorials online somewhere.

Hopefully you don't feel the SIMptoms of social isolation without a phone. It can be hard to SIMulate feelings like that. Man, these puns are SIMply the worst. Bet you're hoping nothing SIMilar happens in the future.

Good luck with your phone and stuff!

My college is switching to online classes starting next week. Although the campus itself will still be open with all facilities and classes that need to meet physically for labs and stuff will still meet on campus.

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

People like to forget that Trump actually brought some results.

Ok but so did every President in recent history. I wouldn't really use that as a defense for Trump tbh.

I'll be honest, while i think both Biden and Sanders would be better Presidents than Trump, it's not by a whole lot. I don't really have any faith in a Biden administration and a Sanders one seems more promising but i don't know to what extent.

In an ideal world, we could've gotten Yang as President since he seemed the most promising canidate in a long-ass time and also he isn't a Boomer but he dropped out. RIP. Maybe next time.

Not a big fan of online classes. No commute, but I'm someone who thrives and cherishes an ideal classroom environment. And, sometimes they just felt watered-down. But, they are good for anything you don't love as a subject.

---

Now these are pleasant things.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a big fan of online classes

I somehow skimmed and read the italicized part as online cheeses.

I need to go home. I'm tired.

One of my friends has been hanging out with someone who probably has Corona. Hooray, I absolutely love self-quarantine during vacation.

Edited by Benice

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

My college is switching to online classes starting next week. Although the campus itself will still be open with all facilities and classes that need to meet physically for labs and stuff will still meet on campus.

Ok but so did every President in recent history. I wouldn't really use that as a defense for Trump tbh.

I'll be honest, while i think both Biden and Sanders would be better Presidents than Trump, it's not by a whole lot. I don't really have any faith in a Biden administration and a Sanders one seems more promising but i don't know to what extent.

In an ideal world, we could've gotten Yang as President since he seemed the most promising canidate in a long-ass time and also he isn't a Boomer but he dropped out. RIP. Maybe next time.

Sanders's Programm might be good but comes at the wrong time.

US should move back from right to center first before moving to left.

The problem is that all the candidates are mid late 70, and the US needs fresh blood for something new.

Buttigieg would be someone who keeps in mind, maybe next time.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

One of my friends has been hanging out with someone who probably has Corona. Hooray, I absolutely love self-quarantine during vacation.

That sounds bad!

You definitely want to check yourself asap even the test of your friend might become negative.

Hopefully fears will not become true.

Edited by Falcom Knight