The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Eight Leaves, One Blade thing does seem pretty important to the overall lore.

One of my hopes for the next Trails protag is that he/she uses Eight Leaves style but the unarmed variant. We need more brawler protagonists in RPGs.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*hears Piana's Backstory*

I kinda want an Atelier Piana now

Closest we'll get to that for now is Atelier Totori.

Don't play that one btw.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ditto. That's why I think Thracia and Binding Blade are **** - their brand of difficulty is cheap and frustration-inducing. Same for Lunatic+. Lunatic was bad enough, but adding random skills on top of inflated stats (of which one of those is Counter)??? Ugh.

Eh, Binding Blade isn't that frusterating for the most part, at least on Normal. Granted, Binding Blade does have some of the worst maps in the series but overall, i wouldn't put it on the same tier as Thracia 776 when it comes to bullshit.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo, only SC prologue boss and final boss were like that.

Prologue gave me a "Eins! Zwei! Drei!" Trauma. I even resarted the game on normal because of it, before deciding normal is too easy and returned to hard.

And final boss was too freaking tanky, but that's a problem in almost all Falcom games, especially Trails

This but also the Fog Monsters of Doom can burn in hell. And you fight them multiple times. Also the discount version which you fight underneath the old schoolhouse in Ch.1. A.k.a the one that can dodge basically anything and also drain your health.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*hears Piana's Backstory*

I kinda want an Atelier Piana now

Get on that, Gust!

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

One of my hopes for the next Trails protag is that he/she uses Eight Leaves style but the unarmed variant.

That would be great. After all, the only thing I got out of the unarmed Eight Leaves style (which appears to be basically kung fu) is Valimar punching some robots.

We need more brawler protagonists in RPGs.

You might like Tales of Xillia, then. One of its two protagonists uses his fists in combat.

Don't play that one btw.

Gotta reiterate this: Don't play that one!

Eh, Binding Blade isn't that frusterating for the most part, at least on Normal. Granted, Binding Blade does have some of the worst maps in the series but overall, i wouldn't put it on the same tier as Thracia 776 when it comes to bullshit.

And Fates is just sitting there, sadistically rubbing its hands with Inevitable End and Staff Savant as well as several bullshit map gimmicks that add nothing but frustration, pain, and suffering to an already unfun and painful experience. The only thing it has going for it is the lack of ambush spawns.
I'd take Echoes' desert and swamp maps over lategame Conquest any day of the week.

Edited by DragonFlames

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't play that one btw.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't play that one btw.

OOF. That bad?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE6 is much much much more bullshit, without anything that made Thracia fun. Easily the worst game in the series.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd take Echoes' desert and swamp maps over lategame Conquest any day of the week.

...I love Conquest late game maps xD

Also, why is ConquestGear gone?

On another matter, Sea dude just joined me
>lvl 30
>Party lvl 42

Nice...
Also, why does no one come with good equipment...

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And Fates is just sitting there, sadistically rubbing its hands with Inevitable End and Staff Savant as well as several bullshit map gimmicks that add nothing but frustration, pain, and suffering to an already unfun and painful experience. The only thing it has going for it is the lack of ambush spawns.

Inevitable End is only on Lunatic. So is Staff Savant, other than on Iago. Anyway, chapter 24x in Thracia is AWFUL. To be blunt, it's just unplayable.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOF. That bad?

Armagon and I got done in by the exact same lategame boss.
And even before then, the game is really stressful with its time limit. You can barely get anything done before stuff moves along.

FE6 is much much much more bullshit, without anything that made Thracia fun. Easily the worst game in the series.

Shrimperor to FE6:
L9PIfBD.jpg

...I love Conquest late game maps xD

My problem with lategame Conquest is this: too many BS gimmicks on top of really strong enemies in a game that just loves to invoke Murphy's Law on you, in which your units have low HP, consistently low hitrates, get doubled by nearly everything and face crit from a majority of enemies, which adds additional ways the RNG can f*** you over.
Add all that to my already really strong dislike for Fates in general (hate the story, hate the characters) and you have something on your hands that I was barely willing to go through twice, once on Normal, again on Hard and having progressively less fun with each new map.

In a nutshell: Me to FE14
L9PIfBD.jpg
I wonder how long it'll be until that joke gets old...

Also, why is ConquestGear gone?

Too much trauma, my friend. Too much trauma...

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Inevitable End is only on Lunatic. So is Staff Savant, other than on Iago.

That might be the case, but that also means that it's still there for anyone who wants to play on that setting. And it's still complete and utter shite, even if I've never gotten to experience it firsthand (and thank goodness I didn't, or else I'd have needed to buy several new 3DS').

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Armagon and I got done in by the exact same lategame boss.

Honestly, i wouldn'T worry about this thaaaaat much

but

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

the game is really stressful with its time limit

Already scares me, considering how much time i waste lol.

Almost 2 years now and i am only at the end of Chapter 5 (just met Meruru)

I remember Zone of the Enders - The Fist of Mars was also among those games. Now that one I remember better, because mechas. It was before I knew of SRW even, so that's quite something. Considering the gameplay was just like SRW, maybe that's why the latter quickly clicked on me too. I was familiar with it and had liked it before in ZotE already!

I remember liking this enemy map theme:

Played in the final maps, it really set up the tension well.

Edit: Should've not link it from the playlist, methinks.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i wouldn'T worry about this thaaaaat much

I got stuck there precisely because the time limit is so stingy, also because Totori and her companions have the durability of an ice cream cone in the middle of a pre-school during a hot summer's day. But if the time limit didn't exist, I could have taken ample time to prepare for that boss.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Almost 2 years now and i am only at the end of Chapter 5 (just met Meruru)

Meru~ru~~~~
Sorry, I can't get her damn theme song (which is the main boss theme of her game) out of my head. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Totori and her companions have the durability of an ice cream cone in the middle of a pre-school during a hot summer's day.

/r/oddlyspecific

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry, I can't get her damn theme song (which is the main boss theme of her game) out of my head. XD

And her wedding dress, too, i bet 😛

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

/r/oddlyspecific

That was just me taking a similé too far. XD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And her wedding dress, too, i bet 😛

That one was a little odd, yeah.

All of you shall share my earworm!

I could see this being the opening song for an anime or something.

Edited by DragonFlames

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You might like Tales of Xillia, then. One of its two protagonists uses his fists in combat.

Relevant:

I was trying to find an extended version of the first battle theme for Jude, but had no luck.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, i do vaugely remember Milla punching things. I played the Tales gacha game a few years ago because i didn't know any better which is why i know that.

On the subject of brawler protagonists, Fei Xenogears is also one. Except in his case, he is a pure martial artist. There is no equippable weapon for him at all in the game. No gloves, no gauntets, no nothing. Pure martial artist. And then that carries over to his mech which means Valimar ripped of Weltall, smh.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, why does no one come with good equipment...

Stock equipment in Atelier is usually worse than what you can make yourself.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atelier Totori is really unforgiving with it's timelimit. And if you want the true ending, you need to meet the requirements for all the other endings, which requires you to be very percise with everything. 

The other issues with the game are the odd lack of QoL and the fact that everyone sucks from a gameplay standpoint. I don't get it. You could hit any character with a paper ball and they will die on the spot. Sterk is the exception but even then, his performance in Totori's gameplay is the weakest out of all his performances.

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"Fun", huh. With everything wrong with Thracia, I'd say trying to find redeeming features in it is like trying to find a candy bar in a big pile of manure.

Fun is subjective...

... like how I've found both of my previously mentioned SRPG games more fun to play than FE... but don't mind me. It's probably just nostalgia talking. For Zone of Enders, add my mecha bias. Lots of bias.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Relevant:

I was trying to find an extended version of the first battle theme for Jude, but had no luck.

This is the main reason to pick Jude at the beginning of the game. His battle themes are so much more epic than Milla's. Mm! So good!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i do vaugely remember Milla punching things. I played the Tales gacha game a few years ago because i didn't know any better which is why i know that.

The gacha game got it wrong if they made Milla the one who punches stuff. Milla uses a sword and magic (side note: Mythra somewhat reminds me of her, appearance-wise), while Jude is the one who punches stuff.

Trivia time! The German version of Tales of Xillia spells Jude's name "Jyde", most likely to avoid his name looking like the German word for "Jew", which is also "Jude", with the "J" pronounced like the "y" in "you". They didn't bother to pronounce it differently, however, as the German version still uses the English voices (which is great, because the English VO is amazing in that game).

And now I want to play Tales of Xillia again.

Forgot to mention: Jude and Milla appear as cameo bosses in Tales of Berseria, as well! Their sidequest is... wacky, to say the least.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The gacha game got it wrong if they made Milla the one who punches stuff. Milla uses a sword and magic (side note: Mythra somewhat reminds me of her, appearance-wise), while Jude is the one who punches stuff.

Alternitavely, i was just remembering wrong. And yeah, Mythra does looks like Milla.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

definetly.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True, but when i am in the middle of something i really don't wanna break up my current quest to craft stuff for a new party member

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Forgot to mention: Jude and Milla appear as cameo bosses in Tales of Berseria, as well! Their sidequest is... wacky, to say the least.

Also of note, one achievement in Berseria includes seeing all mystic artes in the game. That's right, you gotta see every last one of 'em (of course, that includes enemies). Jude and Milla retain their dual mystic arte, too.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

True, but when i am in the middle of something i really don't wanna break up my current quest to craft stuff for a new party member

I mean, the whole point of Atelier is to craft. Atelier is literally the French word for workshop.

Usually whenever a new character joins, if i can't craft a new weapon for them (whether it be i lack the recepie or material), i'll at least see if i can craft an accesory or armor.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And yeah, Mythra does looks like Milla.

Perhaps I really have gone off the deep end, but now I can't stop thinking about what a meeting between those two would be like.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Also of note, one achievement in Berseria includes seeing all mystic artes in the game. That's right, you gotta see every last one of 'em (of course, that includes enemies). Jude and Milla retain their dual mystic arte, too.

"Dimitri, what do I have to do with Mystic Artes for this achievement?"
"SEE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!"
Sorry.

I'm still working on that one... and it's rough, to say the least, even with the regular party members, because sometimes, I'd like to do the second Mystic Arte only for the first one to come out instead. And bosses sometimes just refuse to use theirs for... whatever reason.
Speaking of Mystic Artes, my favorites have to be Magilou's first and Eleanor's second. The first because it's so dang funny, the second one because 1) it looks epic as hell and 2) it's an awesome callback to Tales of the Abyss, where it was next to useless due to how hard it was to trigger.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, the whole point of Atelier is to craft. Atelier is literally the French word for workshop.

The word Atelier gives me flashbacks to last year when they called our classes Ateliers and replaced the letter grade system with a very bad one...

I love making my own report card with nothing to base it off of since they DON'T HECKING GRADE YOUR ASSIGNMENTS WITH THAT SYSTEM.

I'll rant about it later,I'm in a decent mood right now because my Trainee-only run is going well.

zWk1qN3.jpg
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

If Sothis had a dragon form, it'd probably look a lot like that one.

Relevant: Armonics = weapons that are also instruments. We're talking stuff like:
- a guitar that is also a hammer
- a violin sword and shield
- a bow that is also a harp
- a GIANT lance that doubles as a flute (and yes, it looks as ridiculous as it sounds)
- a keyboard cannon
- a regular old trumpet

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"Dimitri, what do I have to do with Mystic Artes for this achievement?"
"SEE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!"
Sorry.

I'm still working on that one... and it's rough, to say the least, even with the regular party members, because sometimes, I'd like to do the second Mystic Arte only for the first one to come out instead. And bosses sometimes just refuse to use theirs for... whatever reason.
Speaking of Mystic Artes, my favorites have to be Magilou's first and Eleanor's second. The first because it's so dang funny, the second one because 1) it looks epic as hell and 2) it's an awesome callback to Tales of the Abyss, where it was next to useless due to how hard it was to trigger.

The real problem is that Phoenix has a second mystic arte that he only uses when defeated, and even then, it only has a chance to activate. Not to mention that the automatic occurence of Shigure's MA during his HBFs does not count as having seen it; he must use it during the battle itself. And did I mention there's two variants of it, and both count towards this? In case you're wondering, the second variant is used if Rokurou is in the party, and involves him blocking it.