• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

With the topics of discussion, basically.

I don't really feel like that.

I see.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Youtube at it again

Reminds me that that game is something I wanted to try out, purely on the grounds that Gust made it.
And the premise seems kind of interesting, too.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I find it kinda hard to like a game and simultaneously think that its gameplay is horseshit. In order for me to say "I like this game", I have to at least enjoy it on some level.
Maybe that's just me.

Yeah, unless the gameplay's so bad it's good (like Sonic 06) I find it hard to be like "yeah I like the game even if the gameplay is dogshit". 

Having fun with the gameplay is like the number one requirement. "If the game isn't fun, why bother?" - Reggie Fils-Amie

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

safe to watch?

Yeah, I'd say so. It really is just an introduction to some of the areas in the game. It does mention a bit about the story but it's super vague, you won't know what it means unless you have the proper context.

If you want to be absolutely safe though but still want to watch, watch until the 3:30 timestamp and then stop.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wasn't impressed with the setup, tbh. I dunno. It just... wasn't my thing.

Don't blame you tbh. It's very much a tell, not show kind of story. Which is a problem the series generally has.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, unless the gameplay's so bad it's good (like Sonic 06) I find it hard to be like "yeah I like the game even if the gameplay is dogshit". 

Having fun with the gameplay is like the number one requirement. "If the game isn't fun, why bother?" - Reggie Fils-Amie

Exactly.

Though it's easier for me to excuse issues I have with the gameplay when the rest (story, characters, world) of it is great.
But that is also only when I enjoy the gameplay on at least some level. So if there's ever a game where I just can't enjoy any aspect of the gameplay, then I'm not going to bother with it beyond the point I make that realization, no matter how good everything else is.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't blame you tbh. It's very much a tell, not show kind of story. Which is a problem the series generally has.

True.

---

I think the next game I want to get is either the above-mentioned Blue Reflection or Cyberdimension Neptunia. Not sure yet, though.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Oho
now i am looking forward to A support.

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I like it! Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks!

Must say I'm not impressed about it, but I needed this bridge for A.

A little spoiler for A support:

Spoiler

It is literally a cookie.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of which, I got to try FE4 recently.
I was bored out of my skull halfway through the first map. And the Christmas Cavs, Alec and Noishe, were utter shite compared to everyone else

Aye. I really, really dislike FE4. I was really hesitant to try another one of his games, but Berwick Saga was actually enjoyable!

Just now, Benice said:

Aye. I really, really dislike FE4. I was really hesitant to try another one of his games, but Berwick Saga was actually enjoyable!

The Saga games will probably only ever be hearsay to me.
My PC kinda... rejects games. Except on emulators "weaker" than the DS one.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Honestly I would like to write more of these supports.

Elliot x Annette is something which could work since both are cherish and musical.

I think Elliot x Ignatz would be great, too, since they're practically the same character.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is just a National Geography nature documentary but Xenoblade.

BTW, I found a collection of all the XCX title screen panoramas -minus the two from the opening when Earth gets destroyed, but including Chapter 12's location at the end.

Just one problem- the YouTuber changed the music. It's always MONOX that plays. So mute this vid and at the same time run a MONOX video on a loop/extended to fully replicate experience of sitting back and watching it all.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

I haven't unlocked that many Ignatz's supports yet, so Idk.

You're not missing much, tbh.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Altina x Marianne would be fitting too not only because they have the same voiceactor.

Definitely!
Altina x Lysithea or Edelgard would be neat, too, I think.
And on that note, Jusis x Ferdinand might be a fun support, as well.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Armagon

The Music though. Pretty hype.

So is the Trailer. Gives me a sense of adventure i have been carving lately.

I am ready for a new adventure :3

Yep.

Exploring an area for the first time in any Xenoblade game is a magical experience.

Just beware the Rotbart haha.

Are you gonna be using the original music or remastered?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though it's easier for me to excuse issues I have with the gameplay when the rest (story, characters, world) of it is great.
But that is also only when I enjoy the gameplay on at least some level. So if there's ever a game where I just can't enjoy any aspect of the gameplay, then I'm not going to bother with it beyond the point I make that realization, no matter how good everything else is.

Yeah same.

On the flip side, I can still enjoy a game even if it's story is not good provided the gameplay is enjoyable. 

"I liked this game because the gameplay is good even though the story sucks" is a lot more understandable to me. Heck, I do it myself. Fire Emblem Fates says hello.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW, I found a collection of all the XCX title screen panoramas -minus the two from the opening when Earth gets destroyed, but including Chapter 12's location at the end.

This is nice.

That reminds me though, now that I think about it, Xenoblade 2 is the only Xenoblade game that doesn't do the panoramas with the areas. But it's also the only Xenoblade game to change it's title screen depending on where you are in the story.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are you gonna be using the original music or remastered?

Hmm

will probably play around with both a bit (like 1 dungeon with that then one dungeon with the other) then decide

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the flip side, I can still enjoy a game even if it's story is not good provided the gameplay is enjoyable. 

Conquest for me.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah same.

"I liked this game because the gameplay is good even though the story sucks" is a lot more understandable to me. Heck, I do it myself. Fire Emblem Fates says hello.

For me, it depends on whether or not I like the characters. If the story just happens to be mediocre or bad, I can still enjoy the game if the characters are likeable enough (CS3 is an example). When the characters aren't likeable to me, that's practically a death sentence. And that was exactly the case in Fates for me. I could excuse the absolute travesty that is the story, because I will say that the game is at least enjoyable to play (outside of lategame Conquest), but the atrocious characters, especially the ones that are the main focus of the game, just kill the entire thing for me.

But even then, I have to say, if the story is too atrocious, then my tolerance reaches its limit there (hey CS2 and also CS3. Yes, my opinion on the latter game is a little schizophrenic).

Edited by DragonFlames
added some points to elaborate

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Saga games will probably only ever be hearsay to me

OOOOOOOOHHHH!

TearRing is definitely a copypasta, but Berwick isn't; if you ever can emulate a ps2 game, I'd give Berwick a shot. I thought I'd dislike it because it was Kaga and an FE ripoff, but it's actually amazing.

But fair enough; it's definitely not for everyone.

Just now, Benice said:

OOOOOOOOHHHH!

TearRing is definitely a copypasta, but Berwick isn't; if you ever can emulate a ps2 game, I'd give Berwick a shot. I thought I'd dislike it because it was Kaga and an FE ripoff, but it's actually amazing.

2 Things keep me away from Berwick:

Hexa stuff

RNG. Like i heard it's even of a more RNG fuck up than FE6

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

RNG. Like i heard it's even of a more RNG fuck up than FE6

I think that it uses 1rn or something? Not so sure, but 60% hits pretty consistently. But that is very much a valid reason; as I know very well, the RNG can absolutely annihlate you due to the capture system, though.

Just now, Benice said:

I think that it uses 1rn or something? Not so sure, but 60% hits pretty consistently. But that is very much a valid reason; as I know very well, the RNG can absolutely annihlate you due to the capture system, though.

The hit rates in general i heard are pretty low. Which is enough reason for me to nope away tbh.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The hit rates in general i heard are pretty low. Which is enough reason for me to nope away tbh.

That is correct; there are ways to mitigate it, and it's not HORRENDOUS (because 60% is more like 90%), but getting 100% hit won't happen very often for the first while. I will say that the problem with Berwick isn't the hitrates but the cripple system, although that may be my massive amounts of RNG-screwage I underwent.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

OOOOOOOOHHHH!

It's not that I don't WANT to try it. It's that I CAN'T, because my PC wasn't made for playing games on it. It struggles with a DS emulator, the PSP emulator just didn't work whatsoever, and thus I probably have a good reason to doubt a PS2 emulator would work on it.
Not to mention that the actual PS2 we used to have (it belonged to my father, not me) broke a long, looooong time ago.