The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Being delayed to Feb 25th is good because now it's not releasing the same week as TMS Encore and Rune Factory 4 Special.

Now ideally, the Atelier Dusk trilogy DX release date also gets pushed back because right now, it's releasing the same week as the other two games i mentioned. Meaning as things stand, i won't be able to pick up Atelier Ayesha DX (i'm not buying the bundle) at launch.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally Pokemon is released aaaand it has a very serious bug that can delete stuff from your SD Card.

This is Fallout 76 levels of bad now.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was gonna see it even with the cursed human Sonic desgin.

I'll be pleasently surprised if the movie is good but i'm expecting it to be "so bad it's good". 

Oh so am I, no doubt about that.

1 hour ago, Strullemia said:

Finally Pokemon is released aaaand it has a very serious bug that can delete stuff from your SD Card.

This is Fallout 76 levels of bad now.

That's not a game problem though. It appears to be an issue with the SD card itself, specifically the exFAT kind.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now ideally, the Atelier Dusk trilogy DX release date also gets pushed back because right now, it's releasing the same week as the other two games i mentioned. Meaning as things stand, i won't be able to pick up Atelier Ayesha DX (i'm not buying the bundle) at launch.

Four-now-three games you want releasing in the same week? The stars align for you.

Although I thought RF4S's date was something of a placeholder, did they ever confirm it to be exactly that?

I want TMS Encore edition, but I'm hoping that the new trio have enough playtime, one bonus dungeon would be way too little. I'll need leakers or speedrunners to answer this for me first. Tiki

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That's not a game problem though. It appears to be an issue with the SD card itself, specifically the exFAT kind.

Why is this only coming up now then? Did a lot of people suddenly start buying new SD cards? Or is it a want to criticize GF?

A series of videos showcasing every move from Pokemon Battle Revolution, except the Psychic type for some reason. I really like Seismic Toss's animation.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20191115_085929.jpg

Magnifique!

A Wii model blends in well with most of the textures of everything else around it, barring the brightness/color direction.

Although the tall grass does look better than Immovable(?- or is it Territorial). But to be fair, they spent half of a year designing it.:

Spoiler

Famitsu: The other day during the early access demo event for the media I got a chance to try it out, but when I saw the game screen for Pokemon Sword & Shield, I saw some stuff that made me feel at ease, and there’s just something mysterious about the power of picture. I couldn’t help but gaze into it.

Junichi Masuda: “We put a lot of attention on ways of looking at the screen. Although we had trouble on lighting, glass reflections, and such… [laughs wryly]”

Shigeru Ohmori: “For example, one of them was the ‘tall grass,’ which took us about a half-year of disagreements until it took its shape.”

Famitsu: Half a year for the tall grass….!

Shigeru Ohmori: “The tall grass in the world of Pokémon are places were the users and Pokémon meet. As for the game, it’s part of the core way of playing that tells you ‘There’s tall grass there so you might find some Pokémon, let’s check it out,’ so it is very important. How much should we make its distance, how much space, how much graphics should we use to present it. It’s a part that affects game characters, so we really put in a lot of time on that.

Nintendo is a bunch of grassheads, GF and some Zelda employees.

33 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

But then why did it only happen with SwSh and not any other Switch game?

A similar thing happened with the Pirahna Plant DLC in Ultimate.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Four-now-three games you want releasing in the same week? The stars align for you.

Technically, it was six games releasing in the same week, as unlike the MMZ/ZX collection, the Atelier Dusk trilogy DX is being sold individually as opposed to being a collection. There will be a bundle but each game will still be seperate.

Of course, i'm gonna do the same thing i did with the Atelier Arland trilogy DX: get one on the Switch, get the other two on PC. Given the timing though, it won't be at launch.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I thought RF4S's date was something of a placeholder, did they ever confirm it to be exactly that?

It is but the date itself is kinda specific. Usually, a placeholder date would be like "Dec 31st, xxxx" but the one for RF4S is Jan 21, 2020. Given that Xseed's only statement is "Winter 2019", it's possible that Amazon knows the date before the public does. We'll see though. There's only one month left in 2019 so it either comes out in December or it doesn't come out in 2019 at all.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Wii model blends in well with most of the textures of everything else around it, barring the brightness/color direction.

I think might actually be the New 3DS model. Rotbart's colors look a bit duller, which was a constant thing with the New 3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Finally done with the second presentation. Holy hell, that took a lot longer than I wanted it to...

I also made some miniscule progress in Atelier Ryza, but due to university stuff, I have put the game on hold for the time being. Turns out being busy studying subjects and wrapping your head around JRPG plots don't mesh very well. Instead, I've been playing Warriors All-Stars again to unwind.
Then again, next week is a so-called "Reading Week" (meaning all humanities such as language studies have a week off at our university), so I might be able to continue/finish it then. After that, I've been thinking about either playing Nights of Azure or Shining Resonance Refrain again before going into Atelier Meruru. We'll see.

*Checks Metacritic for SwSh*
*Sees user reviews*

Yeah, no surprise there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

A similar thing happened with the Pirahna Plant DLC in Ultimate.

Oh, I see. Still strange that someone messed up just when SwSh dropped.

46 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

*Checks Metacritic for SwSh*
*Sees user reviews*

Yeah, no surprise there.

*reads post*
*gets curious*
*checks*

Yup.

Never seen any Pokémon game this divisive.
As far as I'm concerned, I have no desire to get the game or watch someone else play it. Thus, I can't really judge how good or bad it is to actually play.
I won't beat you over the head with my reasons why, don't worry.

1 hour ago, Strullemia said:

Oh, I see. Still strange that someone messed up just when SwSh dropped.

At the very least, with this issue, you're save data remains intact. Games downloaded to the SD card would still need to be redownloaded but their save data won't go anywhere. The Plant issue straight up deleted your Smash save so that one's worse.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Never seen any Pokémon game this divisive

Meanwhile, the Fire Emblem fanbase is the most united it's been in a long time.

303krn.jpg

By the way, the Japanese Pokemon community is way more pissed. Why? Because Game Freak didn't tell them about Dexit. Game Freak only told the West, Japan was in the dark.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

303krn.jpg

Indeed.
Well, with Three Houses being what it is, it's not too surprising, honestly.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

By the way, the Japanese Pokemon community is way more pissed. Why? Because Game Freak didn't tell them about Dexit. Game Freak only told the West, Japan was in the dark.

Wtf?
I mean, the West is one thing, but Japan is their core market, the one their product is supposed to sell and get over well in (at least that's what I'm told Japanese business philosophy is).
I don't even know what to say anymore. I can only shake my head in a weird mixture of disbelief and contempt.

EDIT: At least I finally get the joke/reason behind the decision to axe the National Dex: The region is based on the UK.
Brexit + PokéDex = Dexit. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's Rotbart? It says there Barbarossa. Hm, didn't knew it was a name changed in localization tyrant, heh.

That'd explain Hayreddin the Territorial. "Hayreddin Barbarossa" is the name of a famed pirate.

Well, not a pirate actually, more "Turkish naval commander" whose birth name was Khizr. He later attained the honorary name Khayr al-Din (apparently it means "best/goodness of the faith"), and inherited the title Baba Oruc (Father Oruc), Khayr al-Din was slurred by Europeans into "Hayreddin", and Baba Oruc became the Italian for "red beard"- "Barbarossa".

200px-Barbarossa_Hayreddin_Pasha.jpg

Not very piratey in the "yo-ho-har-har scalawags and a bottle of rum" way, is it? But some entertainment media still run with it that way, like the Bravely games.

And it is nice to see the FE fanbase is chill again. I haven't lowered my apprehensions to 3H outside of gameplay yet (and there are, understandably, some people who just aren't into 3H), but I'm glad there isn't the monthly Camilla or Corrin faux pas on SF anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wish I could read Japanese, I wish to sip their soy sauce. Soy sauce so plentiful, the sodium content of one drop could induce temporary kidney failure (which handfuls of Japanese men did during WWII to try escaping conscription).  

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*reads post*
*gets curious*
*checks*

Yup.

Never seen any Pokémon game this divisive.
As far as I'm concerned, I have no desire to get the game or watch someone else play it. Thus, I can't really judge how good or bad it is to actually play.
I won't beat you over the head with my reasons why, don't worry.

Same.

Personally, I really disliked SM/USUM because of its tutorials and awful pacing and I was ready to jump off but I really did enjoy let's go Eevee so I was willing to see where SwSh goes but eh it's not for me.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At the very least, with this issue, you're save data remains intact. Games downloaded to the SD card would still need to be redownloaded but their save data won't go anywhere. The Plant issue straight up deleted your Smash save so that one's worse.

303krn.jpg

Yikes, that's bad. I mean depending on where you live having to redownload games already sucks but at least they're not permanently lost.

And yeah it's kind of funny how the FE Fanbase has improved while the Pokémon one is going nuts right now.

I could finally set up Pythra...nevermind.....their foot do not suit in the stance because holes are not bored appropriate or even do miss to stick them in. Since I do want to bore on their foot on my own, I guess I have to glue them on the panel. It might not look all that great, but I have barely other choices. 

My latest two figures (three if I separate Pyra and Mythra) were a moneysac. :<

I have no intention to buy more figurines in near future since my waifu bar is pretty much complete for now. 

At least Trails of Cold Steel is really fun so far because it has new battle mechanics. Alisa has serious a competition for being best Erebonian waifu

Spoiler

With Juna

Hopefully some tracks from the past two parts will return. 

Spoiler

Please give a Blue Destination or Decisive Collision remix. 

Edited by Lysithea

This whole talk about Pokémon made me look through my drawers and I found some pictures of our own "original" Pokémon my friends and I drew in 8th grade or so. Why I haven't scanned them yet, I don't know. But I'm rectifying that at the moment.
I'm feeling a little nostalgic right now, actually.

2 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Same.

Personally, I really disliked SM/USUM because of its tutorials and awful pacing and I was ready to jump off but I really did enjoy let's go Eevee so I was willing to see where SwSh goes but eh it's not for me.

I haven't played any Pokémon game since Omega Ruby. I disliked the direction Pokémon was taking at that time, so I didn't bother with Gen VII or Let's Go.

Edited by DragonFlames

Hmm, with Black Friday and the Christmas holidays soon to come, I might take the opportunity to finally get a new laptop.

I wanted to wait until I finally had a job; but it seems that is still on hold.

---

All the Pokémon talk. I'm still kinda stuck on Gen VI, pft. Couldn't get any of the Gen VII games; and no Switch. Even then, I'd first go with something like 3H, or SRW T, or something. Pokémon isn't really high on my considerations, admitedly. Even now my current plan is to finally get SoV this Christmas.

---

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That'd explain Hayreddin the Territorial. "Hayreddin Barbarossa" is the name of a famed pirate.

Well, not a pirate actually, more "Turkish naval commander" whose birth name was Khizr. He later attained the honorary name Khayr al-Din (apparently it means "best/goodness of the faith"), and inherited the title Baba Oruc (Father Oruc), Khayr al-Din was slurred by Europeans into "Hayreddin", and Baba Oruc became the Italian for "red beard"- "Barbarossa".

Not very piratey in the "yo-ho-har-har scalawags and a bottle of rum" way, is it? But some entertainment media still run with it that way, like the Bravely games.

So two Territorial tyrants used to name the guy (at least in Japan)? Interesting. Unless they are meant to be connected. Speaking of Barbarossa's there's also Frederick, after all. Though perhaps the Territorial monicker might point otherwise.