The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's not, there's physical copies.

However, given Rune Factory's niche status, you probably won't find a physical copy at GameStop or somewhere similar.

However, Amazon and the Xseed store have physical copies (there's even a special edition if you want).

I see. I ultimately opted for getting it off of Amazon. Now to wait for it to come in...

Also, I ended up getting Dragon Quest XI for the Switch.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Since other people appear to be playing Dragon Quest XI S, I suppose I'll mention that at around 67 hours in, I'm about to enter the final dungeon. It took me around 45 hours to beat Xenoblade 2, but unlike with DQXI I played on the lowest difficulty and ignored basically all the side content (and I barely awakened any Blades either). At some point I'll try to play it again without ignoring the side content this time.

Naming the protagonist Light paid off because Light the Luminary finally got the Sword of Light that may or may not be named after him. Maybe naming him Erdrick would have been less confusing...

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since other people appear to be playing Dragon Quest XI S, I suppose I'll mention that at around 67 hours in, I'm about to enter the final dungeon. It took me around 45 hours to beat Xenoblade 2, but unlike with DQXI I played on the lowest difficulty and ignored basically all the side content (and I barely awakened any Blades either). At some point I'll try to play it again without ignoring the side content this time.

Naming the protagonist Light paid off because Light the Luminary finally got the Sword of Light that may or may not be named after him. Maybe naming him Erdrick would have been less confusing...

Not sure if this is spoil worthy but,

Spoiler

Considering you only have the Sword of Light, it sounds like your not at the end yet, if i'm assuming correctly. There's quite a bit to go after that. Of course, you could have the Super Sword of Light and I could be wrong. :dry:

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not sure if this is spoil worthy but,

Reveal hidden contents

Considering you only have the Sword of Light, it sounds like your not at the end yet, if i'm assuming correctly. There's quite a bit to go after that. Of course, you could have the Super Sword of Light and I could be wrong. :dry:

No, you're right.

Spoiler

I only have the first Sword of Light and am about to go to the Fortress of Fear to fight Mordegon (who I assume is the final boss of the main storyline, unless the black Tockle who tried to pull a Majora's Mask is the final boss instead). There are still two Spectral Sentinels left so I'll probably fight them as well. I noticed that Erdwin is credited with defeating "the Dark One" while Mordegon is called the Lord of Shadows, so maybe Mordegon isn't the evil that Erdwin originally fought? I like the idea of "the legendary weapon gets stolen by the villain so the hero has to make their own legendary weapon" and I would like Fire Emblem to use that idea sometime.

Anyway, I know there is quite a bit to do after the "final" boss so I'm looking forward to that.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Shallotte's Ultimate is the best Ultimate in Atelier, you cannot convince me otherwise.

LMAO

---

Got the enhancement for Rex' Anchor Shot that only works if the enemy is unbalanced... and it's a lucky draw if his catgirl waifu Nia decides to use her move that can actually do that.
... Yeah, I'll just keep using it to spawn HP Capsules whenever I need them.

Also, I think Rex - Tora - Nia will be my main team in this. I had Tora switched out for Jean Claude Vandham for some fights and without someone to draw enemy fire (because that's what Tora does), Rex becomes their main target, which is... not ideal, to say the least. I noticed that I tend to lose way more health in fights if Tora isn't there and I am not benching Nia, who is my only semi-reliable source of healing.

With that said, I have clocked in around 16 hours now and the combat system still doesn't really click with me. I know I haven't unlocked every aspect of it yet, so this may yet change.
Personally, I hope it does.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Got the enhancement for Rex' Anchor Shot that only works if the enemy is unbalanced... and it's a lucky draw if his catgirl waifu Nia decides to use her move that can actually do that.

As you upgrade Arts to increase their recharge speed and get more Blades, pulling off Driver Combos happens a lot more often, at least in regards to Toppling. Launch and Smash are harder to pull off but it's still something that can happen often. Sometimes enemies will put themselves in those status effects temporarily and you can punish them for it.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

With that said, I have clocked in around 16 hours now and the combat system still doesn't really click with me. I know I haven't unlocked every aspect of it yet, so this may yet change.
Personally, I hope it does.

You're super close to unlocking Chain Attacks, which is when Blade Combos will become really important. You'll see what I mean.

Just now, Armagon said:

As you upgrade Arts to increase their recharge speed and get more Blades, pulling off Driver Combos happens a lot more often, at least in regards to Toppling. Launch and Smash are harder to pull off but it's still something that can happen often. Sometimes enemies will put themselves in those status effects temporarily and you can punish them for it.

I'll probably feel really evil if I did that.
Awesome.

I did see the Launch stuff before, but I have no clue how I pulled it off. It kinda just... happened somehow.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You're super close to unlocking Chain Attacks, which is when Blade Combos will become really important. You'll see what I mean.

These I am looking forward to.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll probably feel really evil if I did that.
Awesome.

Well usually when they do it, it's the side-effect of them using a powerful attack. For example, there's a snake-type species of monster that shows up later in the game and they have an Art that inflicts Blowdown. But when they use it, they put themselves in Launch. If you've got Seal Resist accessories/Aux Cores or inflicted Seal Blowdown via a Blade Combo, you can hit them with a Smash Art if you have it.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I did see the Launch stuff before, but I have no clue how I pulled it off. It kinda just... happened somehow.

Break -> Topple -> Launch -> Smash. That's a complete Driver Combo. If you inflicted Launch, it's because you hit a Toppled enemy with a Launch Art. 

By the way, there's also something called Fusion Combos which is basically doing a Blade Combo while a Driver Combo is active. The Driver Combo doesn't have to be completed but the Blade Combo does iirc. Sounds a bit tricky but every time you do a stage of a Blade Combo, it increases the time an enemy is in a Driver Combo. Works the other way around too, doing any stage of a Driver Combo will increase the amount of time you have to hit the next stage of a Blade Combo.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

No, you're right.

Hide contents

I only have the first Sword of Light and am about to go to the Fortress of Fear to fight Mordegon (who I assume is the final boss of the main storyline, unless the black Tockle who tried to pull a Majora's Mask is the final boss instead). There are still two Spectral Sentinels left so I'll probably fight them as well. I noticed that Erdwin is credited with defeating "the Dark One" while Mordegon is called the Lord of Shadows, so maybe Mordegon isn't the evil that Erdwin originally fought? I like the idea of "the legendary weapon gets stolen by the villain so the hero has to make their own legendary weapon" and I would like Fire Emblem to use that idea sometime.

Anyway, I know there is quite a bit to do after the "final" boss so I'm looking forward to that.

Spoiler

About that black tockle... he is indeed the final boss. Your are on the route where Veronica is still dead, so theres still alot to do.

Major spoiler, by the way.

Another banger boss theme. 

The Dusk trilogy's decision to have actual songs as certain boss themes is part of why I feel that this trilogy has the best OST in the Atelier series.

>plays Yoshi's Island to relieve childhood memories
>Game as fun as ever
>Scores first 4 levels: 100 100 98 100

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Did i really have to get hit that one time <.<.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Another banger boss theme. 

The Dusk trilogy's decision to have actual songs as certain boss themes is part of why I feel that this trilogy has the best OST in the Atelier series.

I love that one. Used to listen it for quite a bit for a while
Another fav. of mine:

By the same singer as the one who did Steins;Gate OPs, and they are all bangers.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>plays Yoshi's Island to relieve childhood memories
>Game as fun as ever
>Scores first 4 levels: 100 100 98 100

Which one was the 98?

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Shallotte's Ultimate is the best Ultimate in Atelier, you cannot convince me otherwise.

XD
Honestly, I'd think that the enemy would react as she's about to hit the bomb, much like how in SSBU, when a character uses their Final Smash, opponents react in a manner such as to suggest "'Oh Crap!" Admittedly, in actual gameplay, it can be hard to see since when a Final Smash is used, it zooms in on the user. Of course, if you're close enough to the user that you're actually in view when they use it, you're royally fucked, so it fits.

"What people call justice is just an excuse to fight. War is war."
Shout-out to Jean-Claude Vandham for speaking T-RUTH!

Also, dafuq was that Zeke - sorry, ZekeNATOR - on about? His super-mega-ultra-special attack was just him throwing himself off a cliff. XD

And I don't think I need to mention this, but graphically, this game is a 10/10 for sure.
Pictured: Monolith Soft flexing on every other Nintendo-owned studio
X4Wo8Vb.jpg
hcaJheM.jpg
Holy f***, that's pretty!

@Armagon What is that theme you fight Akhos to for the first time called? I need that song in my life.

So the first Metal King Slime I defeated killed itself by attacking Light, who was wearing Spiked Armor that inflicts damage on the attacker. I wasn't expecting that to happen, but I won't say no to 70000 experience. Coincidentally it appeared alongside the Jerkules that was guarding the recipes for Liquid Metal equipment (though unfortunately I can't get Metal King equipment until later).

Speaking of which, I've defeated more Metal enemies (that is, eight of them in over 5000 battles) in this playthough than I expected to. I've heard of the mythical Metal Slime long before playing Dragon Quest, so I thought the chances of defeating one would be about equal to the chances of getting KOS-MOS. Maybe when Xenoblade 2: Definitive Edition releases, Monolith will add Metal King KOS-MOS with a one in a billion chance of appearing.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I don't think I need to mention this, but graphically, this game is a 10/10 for sure.
X4Wo8Vb.jpg
hcaJheM.jpg

@Armagon What is that theme you fight Akhos to for the first time called? I need that song in my life.

This is why Uraya is my favorite Xenoblade 2 area. I love those views.

Edited by lightcosmo

Well, as always, it's all to the whim of the RNG.

This reminds me of a time when I was playing through VIII, that I swear, it was rare for the little slimes to run away. They almost always simply attacked and attacked...

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is why Uraya is my favorite Xenoblade 2 area. I love those views.

Interesting little tidbit: in the Japanese VO, Uraya is called "Invidia", the Latin word for "Envy", which is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. And the Empire of Mor Adain is called "Superbia", which is the Latin word for the Deadly Sin of "Pride". Methinks there is a pattern there that they didn't want to make too obvious in the English version because the parallels to Christianity are already way too obvious with the whole "got thrown out of paradise" backstory.

Also, I finally figured out what it really was that annoyed me so much about the (German) dialogue of the Nopon and now I can't unsee nor unhear it: they are basically furry versions of f***ing Jar Jar Binks.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Can we have them co-working on next FE please

For the graphics, definitely!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Another fav. of mine:

By the same singer as the one who did Steins;Gate OPs, and they are all bangers.

Yeah, I posted this one before. Banger.

I killed the boss that has this theme a bit too quickly so I didn't get to hear it that much in-game. Oops. 

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"What people call justice is just an excuse to fight. War is war."
Shout-out to Jean-Claude Vandham for speaking T-RUTH!

Chad.

Also, dafuq was that Zeke - sorry, ZekeNATOR - on about? His super-mega-ultra-special attack was just him throwing himself off a cliff. XD

Also chad.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

X4Wo8Vb.jpg
hcaJheM.jpg

Yeah, Monolith's been flexing on the other Nintendo-owned studios for about a decade when it comes to world design. Pictured:

27sdzfe0kzp11.png

Bionis_Leg.jpg

Img_field02_kuro_03.jpg

F8ueEopt3AQSFeeJMsrXoTqoZS2MkUQNadyp5FcF

(First two images are from Xenoblade 1, last two are from X)

Bonus: Breath of the Wild. Monolith Soft designed Hyrule in that and it shows (though I will say BotW Hyrule does feel rather empty compared to Xenoblade worlds)

1200px-BotW_Great_Plateau.png

botw-landscape.jpg

Now, I will say that despite the amazing world design and visuals, Xenoblade 1's character models were..... kinda bleh. It wasn't until 2015 with Xenoblade X that the character models started to look nicer. And this year, Xenoblade 1 finally gets to have the good character models that the other games have.

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What is that theme you fight Akhos to for the first time called? I need that song in my life.

Interesting little tidbit: in the Japanese VO, Uraya is called "Invidia", the Latin word for "Envy", which is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. And the Empire of Mor Adain is called "Superbia", which is the Latin word for the Deadly Sin of "Pride". Methinks there is a pattern there that they didn't want to make too obvious in the English version because the parallels to Christianity are already way too obvious with the whole "got thrown out of paradise" backstory.

Yeah, the Christianity parallels in the Japanese version are much more obvious. In addition to what you mentioned, all of the Titans are named after the Seven Deadly Sins in the Japanese version. Well, most of them. I think two of them are named after the Seven Heavenly Virtues.

The English version actually keep this trend but changes it so it's not as obvious. Gormott's Japanese name is the Latin word for Gluttoney. The English version is the derived from the French word Gourmand. Mor Ardain's name is derived from the Scottish Gaelic word mór-àrdan, which also means Pride. See the pattern here?

Other stuff was changed to be not as obvious. The Aegis in Japanese is literally just called the Holy Grail. Elysium is literally called Eden in Japanese. 

Yeah, every Xeno game has heavy Christianity parallels. It's especially present in Xenogears and Xenosaga, the latter having Jesus Christ himself. And trivia, Xenogears has so much religious symbolism and themes that it almost didn't get localized because it was the 90s and the localizers didn't want to offend people (this was around the same time that "Pokemon is Satanic" was going on) but they didn't want to change the words. In the end, they settled for some mistranslations of name, where you can tell what is is, it's just not spelled right.

I forgot to respond to this

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Can we have them co-working on next FE please

This actually isn't too far off the realm of possibility since Monolith Soft does assist other Nintendo themes with their games. BotW is the obvious one, yes, but they've also helped with Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Splatoon. It's not as obvious but the fact that they are involved in so many other projects shows Nintendo's level of trust in them. You can't really say the same about other Nintendo studios (I mean specifically regarding how they work with other studios, you don't see IntSys doing this for instance).