The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

9 hours ago, Caster said:

I haven't gotten to BN or SF yet. I've played like everything else. I was just curious in general around here.

I just personally really like the BN series battles systems.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Part of me wants to say "Play Battle Network 2, you get subchips in that game" but then I remember you fully heal after every battle in Battle Network 1. I am thus left to conclude that you must have had a bad folder or something. You can also save whenever and it saves your location when you do so, making restore points effectively infinite.

You can also spam Invis instead of actually getting good in the later games.

BN1 has the issue of... you can't flee during fights, which gets kind of annoying in certain scenarios.

After BN2, where Invis is kind of insane, the duration it lasts isn't that great, unfortunately.

But I would say that 2 and 3 are the best, with 6 being very close.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wait a second. You're the individual formerly known as Jprebs. Do you still have me blocked?

Nope. I'd rather not talk about the past in public, but I'd rather forgive and forget for most people nowadays, since most of my issues were my own fault.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Part of me wants to say "Play Battle Network 2, you get subchips in that game" but then I remember you fully heal after every battle in Battle Network 1. I am thus left to conclude that you must have had a bad folder or something. You can also save whenever and it saves your location when you do so, making restore points effectively infinite.

You can also spam Invis instead of actually getting good in the later games.

I'm not that bad at it, I'm semicasual with platformers, action platformers, and action games. I forget which enemies exactly, but some were tricky to not get hit by and did rather heavy damage. 

As for chips, I never experimented to discover those program combos the game mentions. I stuck to the basics of what worked, and I found myself often reliant on the good old charged Mega Buster. If the strategy to MMBN is "Get gud chips, delete the enemy with them before they fire three shots at you", then I didn't discover it.

What I did discover was that though the platforming was gone, the spirit of the Mega Man franchise endured in the action. It was tight on the grid and I could feel the "hands in the air, three pellets shot, jumping over a Robot Master" of the Classic games.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've played Classic 1-6, and most 7. Never got far in 8 because JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE!

I did complete X1 on the Wii U Virtual Console too, but I never bought 2 or 3 or got past a single boss in X4 which I had bought for a dollar on my PS3. I needed restore points for Sigma in X1, and I did use some restore points in Classic Legacy Collection as additional mid-stage checkpoints. I tried not to cheese too much on the platforming or bosses however (exceptions existed- Yellow Devil).

I got the DS X collection, I regret it, Easy Mode Scenario only for me, otherwise too hard.

Got BN1 on the Wii U Virtual Console, I got far I think, but I never finished it. The action is harder than I would've expected for a game whose supposed target audience would be young kids, some restore points in the middle of the Internet were called for from time to time.

Not a big platforming person, or? Just curious, not trying to pick fun at, just curious.

If you're feeling curious, I would try out some more of the X games, they're pretty fun consistently, at least I feel up to 4, titles start getting more mixed starting at 5, though I still think 5 and 8 are fine enough games. I feel Megaman is mostly just getting used to things and practicing to improve, so.

Do you mean the Zero collection on DS? But regardless, I understand somewhat, though the issue is it that IMO, on easy scenario Zero is too easy, and a few of the Zero games aren't too bad after a while, sadly Zero 1 requires a bit of grinding to get things you should already have, since the kills per weapon in Zero 1 is absurd, unlike the others where it's greatly reduced and much easier to hit while just playing normally.  I really like the Zero games, though, they're fun to play and they probably have some of the best stories. I should get to finishing Zero 4 and moving on to ZX soon, though.

Can't say much on the gameplay of BN1... but man, it does have good music. My most favorite has to be Elecman's level, likely.

01mjiocl1iz41.jpg

>New Prisma Movie

399972426332504085.png?v=1

Man, the manga was updating slow as a turtle for the last few years, and now this sudden drop.

Not as hype as best onii-chan arc, but was still hype arc nonetheless

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

My head is still a bit dizzy apparently...

take care of yourself. From my 2 gastrocopies you get to be like that for a while, and souldn't do anything important for like 2 days

36 minutes ago, Caster said:

Not a big platforming person, or? Just curious, not trying to pick fun at, just curious.

Platformers can be fun, I'm not the best at them and skip the hardcore stuff, but I like the thrills sometimes.

I don't require every bit of handholding, I can sweat bullets and get through some of the worst on my own. Shovel Knight has been very fun, I use every upgrade I can get and I try to learn boss patterns to an extent, but memorization isn't my strong suit and I'd never try a Shovel Knight run where I didn't use checkpoints or get max health. I haven't used any healing decrees as King Knight however, only the random heart drops and crying, and a little guiltily the pitfall rescue armor- I wish I could split its pitfall rescue effect from the money loss reduction, because I use it primarily for the latter. 

Bosses tend to devour me more than stages in action-platformers. I made to the end of several MMX4 stages, it was the bosses who ruined me, and so did Chill Penguin the first pick of X1's bosses. Restore pointing in the transition room so I didn't have to redo the entire stage on losing all lives made throwing myself at the icy bird until I won polar bearable. After him, and the easier Storm Eagle because his weapon eradicates common enemies, the use of weakness-targeting weapons made bosses very winnable, until Treble & Obi Wan Bongo Bongo Sigma. 

Do you mean the Zero collection on DS? But regardless, I understand somewhat, though the issue is it that IMO, on easy scenario Zero is too easy, and a few of the Zero games aren't too bad after a while, sadly Zero 1 requires a bit of grinding to get things you should already have, since the kills per weapon in Zero 1 is absurd, unlike the others where it's greatly reduced and much easier to hit while just playing normally.  I really like the Zero games, though, they're fun to play and they probably have some of the best stories. I should get to finishing Zero 4 and moving on to ZX soon, though.

Whoops. Yeah, I meant MM Zero, I was typing that near 1 in the morning. I do like the vibe of the Mega Man franchise on the whole.

If you're feeling curious, I would try out some more of the X games, they're pretty fun consistently, at least I feel up to 4, titles start getting more mixed starting at 5, though I still think 5 and 8 are fine enough games. I feel Megaman is mostly just getting used to things and practicing to improve, so.

I wanted to get X2 and X3 on my Wii U, but I never got around to it. I might buy the first X Legacy Collection at some point.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

For a game about memes, Tragic Nep works surprisingly well...

This is true.
Evidence:

Ec4KmOb.jpg

Always nearly opens the floodgates.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

01mjiocl1iz41.jpg

Introducing the newest Saberface: Illya!
... Wait.

In all seriousness, that artwork looks awesome.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Introducing the newest Saberface: Illya!
... Wait.

Saber install Illya has been a thing for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now though xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Saber install Illya has been a thing for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now though xD

Oh.
Crap.

This is why I shouldn't comment on things I don't know. XP

I have just finished watching King Kong Escapes. It's pretty cheesy just like King Kong vs Godzilla. I guess cause both of them were Toho-produced. And with that, i have watched every theatrically-released King Kong movie.

Ranking them from best to worst: Skull Island > 2005 > vs Godzilla > Escapes > Son of Kong > 1933 >>>>> 1976 >>>>>>>>>>> Lives

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is why I shouldn't comment on things I don't know. XP

That's why i shall educate you on the different installs

Spoiler

06k9sbijhqo21.png

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's why i shall educate you on the different installs

Reveal hidden contents

06k9sbijhqo21.png

Now I get it. It's that thing she did in that one battle scene you shared before.
I was under the impression Prisma was a cutesy magical girl show with a crapton of fanservice thrown in there. Up until that point, anyway. XD

Also, Archer Illya = best Illya.
If only because of whom she reminds me of from an aesthetics-standpoint.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I was under the impression Prisma was a cutesy magical girl show with a crapton of fanservice thrown in there. Up until that point, anyway. XD

Spoiler

UDISkmD.jpg

yDExnFL.jpg

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, Archer Illya = best Illya.

hehe.

Seriously though, best Illya is only available in the VN, since the adaptions shafted her 😕

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Platformers can be fun, I'm not the best at them and skip the hardcore stuff, but I like the thrills sometimes.

I don't require every bit of handholding, I can sweat bullets and get through some of the worst on my own. Shovel Knight has been very fun, I use every upgrade I can get and I try to learn boss patterns to an extent, but memorization isn't my strong suit and I'd never try a Shovel Knight run where I didn't use checkpoints or get max health. I haven't used any healing decrees as King Knight however, only the random heart drops and crying, and a little guiltily the pitfall rescue armor- I wish I could split its pitfall rescue effect from the money loss reduction, because I use it primarily for the latter. 

Bosses tend to devour me more than stages in action-platformers. I made to the end of several MMX4 stages, it was the bosses who ruined me, and so did Chill Penguin the first pick of X1's bosses. Restore pointing in the transition room so I didn't have to redo the entire stage on losing all lives made throwing myself at the icy bird until I won polar bearable. After him, and the easier Storm Eagle because his weapon eradicates common enemies, the use of weakness-targeting weapons made bosses very winnable, until Treble & Obi Wan Bongo Bongo Sigma. 

Whoops. Yeah, I meant MM Zero, I was typing that near 1 in the morning. I do like the vibe of the Mega Man franchise on the whole.

I wanted to get X2 and X3 on my Wii U, but I never got around to it. I might buy the first X Legacy Collection at some point.

Ah, I see. I feel like Megaman is mostly about learning and having reaction time to go through with it. So don't feel too bad about it. But I like the style of gameplay that provides.

It's okay. The Zero/ZX collection adds a save assist that might help you with those games a bit more. It basically gets rid of the life/retry system in favor of X5-7 style checkpoints. You hit a checkpoint, you start there until you pass the next area. I prefer to play vanilla since it helps me get better at the game, but it is there, and I think it's better than just doing the easy scenario, which takes most of any challenge out of the game.

Yea, the first legacy collection is a good buy. The second one has 5 and 8, which I think are alright, but 6 and 7 are the worst games in the X series. 6 for horrendous level design, and 7 for just... not... being good, in most aspects.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

UDISkmD.jpg

yDExnFL.jpg

Yeah, that's about what I gathered from you talking about it. XD

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Seriously though, best Illya is only available in the VN, since the adaptions shafted her 😕

And even then, she didn't get her own route. Had to wait 'till Three Houses for someone to take pity on those who wanted one in officially released material.

---

I'm currently trying to come up with a video game protagonist tier list.
That stuff's a lot harder than I thought...

hvckBSs.jpg

more birthday wishes (despite belayed in this case)

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

take care of yourself. From my 2 gastrocopies you get to be like that for a while, and souldn't do anything important for like 2 days

I've not even been written sick, so I had to go to work even. For an office job where I have lots of phone communication (personal not that much due to the pandemy) it sucks not being able to speak properly. It felt like after a dentist appointment. 

I could work only till midday because I felt weak. Have to equal it with my overtime hours which sucks but whatever.

I took medicine, so I'm feeling a bit fresher again now.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Yeah, that's about what I gathered from you talking about it. XD

Maybe i should tone down my Illyafanboyism a bit xD

And even then, she didn't get her own route. Had to wait 'till Three Houses for someone to take pity on those who wanted one in officially released material.

398885964979634197.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm currently trying to come up with a video game protagonist tier list.
That stuff's a lot harder than I thought...

Yuuuuuuuup.

Especially since, like

i don't remember even half the protags lol.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I've not even been written sick, so I had to go to work even.

<.<

that shouldn't have happened. You should've been written sick for atleast 2 days. wth.

My doctor refused to let me go alone without superivision for 48 hours after my gastroscopy. My brother had to come and get me.

Doctor said 

It's funny for what little kind of shit people let written sick by the doctors or stay at home.

I'm pretty one the last one who does it.

Though if I can't fufill my job's duties due to afteraffects of a medical intervene, then I should have the right to get a certification for being unable to work.

Edited by Falcom Knight