• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy FE4's gameplay. I just find it pretty chill and relaxing, yea, it's slow, but that's fine sometimes, the music and how the game looks help me relax. I like the micromanaging, I find it fun.

Unsure why I'm replying to a response I didn't realize was from either yesterday or a while ago, but oh well.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

He was part of the "can't hit anything" crowd.

If we're talking about the same Fergus, with Karin's support, his accuracy should be amazing. 

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh hey @CWGameplay! Happy Birthday!

Thank you!  I'm appreciating the birthday love.  This forum's been a great relief to me during quarantine.

Just a reminder that everyone here is great and I love you all 🙂

Well, took me a little while, but I finally have a Star Jacinth.

Would've been fine with just getting a Virgo Shard... but it ended up being the last of the set I got, so might as well...

Just remember: Let the buyer beware. Your results may vary. Much madness is divinest sense. Personal Experience Of Others Means Nothing actually it does.

Don't mean to be a downer, but a dose of anti-hype beforehand is worth a pound of disappointment afterwards- if it should sadly arise. And never feel one is alone, there are those in the literary world who loath Shakespeare, you can find critics of everything in this world, some are respectable, and some- like Flat Earthers- are not.

--

I did something I haven't done in months- I started reading a book. All I could quickly find was a short history of the Renaissance in eBook form because my county library hasn't reopened yet, but it does give me a sense of intellectual satisfaction. The delightful warm weather makes me want to sit outside and read in the shade now, if I don't fall asleep in a lounge chair.

After five months and 99 hours (but probably more) of playtime, I have finally finished Dragon Quest XI. I probably should've done it yesterday since that was Dragon Quest's 34th anniversary, but better late than never. I used "finished" loosely because there's still much to do, but I completed the plot once and for all. It took a few tries to beat the final boss, but he ended up going down in perhaps the most anticlimatic way possible.

Spoiler

He stopped time, guffawed, and then Erik defeated him with Cobra Strike. So much for the Sword of Light being needed to defeat him for good!

Also, said final boss has the same voice actor as Xenoblade 2's Tora, as does the Luminary.

Anyway, it was pretty great and it's probably one of the most polished games I've ever played. I appreciate that every member of the party is consistently useful throughout the game, which is helped by the fact that you can switch between party members whenever you want. Relative to the supplementary material-requiring nature of the Xeno games, the plot is straightforward but engaging and well-written. I recommend it to anyone who likes JRPGs, and it has a ten hour long demo so you don't have an excuse to not try it. Now I just need to have Light marry Gemma...

On another note, it's been properly confirmed by the credits that Melia is still voiced by Jenna Coleman in Future Connected. Hooray for consistency!

Okay, got Ra's Mirror, and made it back to Coburg to expose and defeat the Faux Dowager. Pft, my rotten apple was just one Wisdom point away from the proverbial twenty needed to obey all of my input commands. Spend like four turns casting Sap in a row, hahahaha. The Dowager wasn't tough... except for the flame breath attack. Best I have for that is Iron Shields, and their breath protection is quite paltry.

Also, something I just noticed. The mobile version of the game seems to have decided to assign genders to all monster recruits. Best I know, previous versions only had monster genders listed as ?????. Curious. On that subject, my slime knight, rotten apple, and dracky are all male. I'd assume, considering monsters only have like four assigned default names, that some monsters will only ever be one of the other, depending on what those names are, though some overlap may happen. Like, during my climb of Abovitall I recruited a Hulagan which would be all female. Meanwhile, I have a Jailcat and a Slime who are both female but males could exist too. Wait, female regular Slime? Then what the heck are She-Slimes for? Wait, are they even in this game? *checks* Well now, turns out II and V are the only main series games that don't have She-Slimes. Ah well, the gendered name is likely localization only, as it is.

Anyway, one last thing to do is head back to Fortuna to pick up the bestiary. Not that I plan to fill it up. No reward for it unlike like in DQIV. Not that I actually did it there, either. Well, now it's time to board a ship and continue the adventure. Though that will be for another day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

unknown.png?width=767&height=431

Shoutouts to Rebirth of Mothra 3 for having the best Mothra design.

Also fun fact:

Screenshot_2389.png?width=767&height=431

Screenshot_2391.png?width=1025&height=43

Rebirth of Mothra 3 and King of the Monsters are the only two movies where Ghidorah shoots lightning from his wings.

• Showa era: complete
  • Heisei era: complete
  • Millenium era: almost complete
  • MonsterVerse: complete
  • Reiwa era: complete
  • Every King Kong movie: complete

Tomorow is when i watch Godzilla: Final Wars. The grand finale on this marathon.

@Shrimperor i find it funny how IGN's like "this is the best version of Xenoblade 1" and proceeds to give it a lower score than the original.

Critic review scores don't mean too much to me personally in any media but it's nice to see Xenoblade scoring high.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't mean to be a downer, but a dose of anti-hype beforehand is worth a pound of disappointment afterwards- if it should sadly arise.

I agree. Too much hype can serve as a greater catalyst for disapointment if you didn't actually enjoy it in the end.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

On another note, it's been properly confirmed by the credits that Melia is still voiced by Jenna Coleman in Future Connected. Hooray for consistency!

All is right in the world.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If we're talking about the same Fergus, with Karin's support, his accuracy should be amazing. 

Tragically, he missed when I least needed it.

---

Didn't sleep a wink last night.
F*** allergies.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oof. Take care of yourself^^

Thanks a millium!

---

I just looked out my window and on the rooftop of the neighboring building, there are two falcons that have made a nest there. I've legit never seen falcons in the wild, so this is quite exciting! They're chasing off a crow right now.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

American airforce chasing off russian spy plane in the nature, 2020, colorized

xD

Lmao

It was quite the spectacle, I can tell you that much.
In general, I've noticed that the area around my apartment has become something of a "bird paradise" recently. There are a lot of birds around here, and I love it!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

In general, I've noticed that the area around my apartment has become something of a "bird paradise" recently. There are a lot of birds around here, and I love it!

My grand uncle has a bird family near his apartment that has been there for a looooooooooooooooooong time, he tells me.

Always in spring/summer he hears their chirping

Just now, Shrimperor said:

My grand uncle has a bird family near his apartment that has been there for a looooooooooooooooooong time, he tells me.

Always in spring/summer he hears their chirping

👍
That is awesome. Did he tell you what kind of birds they are?