the best and worst charcters of fe 7 and sacred stones

xblade

iv'e played fe 7 and the sacred stones a lot and i want to know which of you (whose played the games) think is the best and worst charters of the games

for fe 7 i haven't trained all the charcters before but every time i play through this one i always ending up training oswin, i also think rebecca, lyn, fiora and heath are my chioces.but some like nino and wil are also good choices

the worst would be already promoted classes like uh marcus. good at the start crap after nabata. some of them are alright but yeh

as the sacred stones gerik is a must have as a hero he is not so good as a ranger. colm, neimi, vanessa, lute are also good choices

more of the worst rennac, he just so terrible i mean everyone else is good in some except him he just annoys me. so yeh anyways i tend to babble alot sorry bout that

my bad the other half of the page woudn't load for me

Edited by xblade

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong forum. This goes in the GBA era board.

Also: Marcus and Seth are the best characters of their respective games.

Edited by Gustave

In FE7, Marcus is awesome, with Florina, Kent, and Sain right behind him. Worst. . .eh, I'm not a fan of Karla, because she requires a Hero Crest and Bartre use. Nino's a pain to raise, and while I can feed people kills, it's a matter of whether or not I want to.

In FE8, it's the Seth show. If you don't wanna use Seth, use Franz. Vanessa's the ferrying chick. Worst. . .uh. . .personally, I'm not a fan of the trainees.

so far we've argued

FE7- marcus is top, nino is bottom

FE8- seth is top, amelia is bottom (barely beating out Ewan's 1-2 range chip smh -_-)

As far as my favorites go... FE7 has Raven but on the other hand it has Bartre, FE8 has Gerik but it also has... Amelia.

the worst would be already promoted classes like uh marcus. good at the start crap after nabata.

Marcus is crap after Nabata? That's news to me

Edited by tiff

Marcus is a fucking god. Sain's pretty good too.

Seth is even more god. Everyone else don't exist, except people who can help him move faster. Sacred Stones might as well be renamed "Fire Emblem: The Seth Show" and hell, its initials will still be the same.

iv'e played fe 7 and the sacred stones a lot and i want to know which of you (whose played the games) think is the best and worst charters of the games

for fe 7 i haven't trained all the charcters before but every time i play through this one i always ending up training oswin, i also think rebecca, lyn, fiora and heath are my chioces.but some like nino and wil are also good choices

the worst would be already promoted classes like uh marcus. good at the start crap after nabata. some of them are alright but yeh

as the sacred stones gerik is a must have as a hero he is not so good as a ranger. colm, neimi, vanessa, lute are also good choices

more of the worst rennac, he just so terrible i mean everyone else is good in some except him he just annoys me. so yeh anyways i tend to babble alot sorry bout that

my bad the other half of the page woudn't load for me

You didn't put Marcus and Seth down as the best of their games.

Miss Lumi will now proceed to eat you.

Seriously, Rennac isn't bad, if we're talking bad, then put Ewan, Amelia, and Neimi in there.

And fe7 bad, put Nino, Wil, and Karla as bad.

And prepromotes are good, most of the time.

Fe7 has

Marcus

Isadora

Pent

Hawkeye

Harken

Louise?

Geitz

Jaffar

And

Renault for decent-godly prepromos.

Fe8 has

SETH a.k.a. Magvels Juggernaut

And if that's not already overkill it also has

DUESSEL

And

SALEH

INNES-meh

SYRENE-OK

RENNAC.-utility+weapon ranks

Seth, Duessel and Saleh alreay make fe8HM a ludicrous joke.

Fe8s only "bad" prepromote is Dozla, who has a niche use or 2.

Sacred Stones might as well be renamed "Fire Emblem: The Seth Show" and hell, its initials will still be the same.

Can Tethys and Eirika guest star for seizing and dancing on turn 1, respecitvely? :o

Oh yeah on topic: Seth and Marcus are the best. Nino and Amelia are not.

Nino

Wil

Rebbecca

Neimi?

As good choices?!?

I can clearly tell this is seething with PEMN and arrogance.

Also, fe8 may as well be called "Silver Seth Slaughter Show"

We get 4 Ss and the true description.

Can Tethys and Eirika guest star for seizing and dancing on turn 1, respecitvely? :o

Oh yeah on topic: Seth and Marcus are the best. Nino and Amelia are not.

Well, I did say that the only units that are worth it in FE8 are those that make Seth go faster (and while I didn't mention this, but Duessel too, routs do exist and he helps Seth clean up messes) . Tethys does that. Eirika makes sure we can proceed on to certain chapters and not get game overs, so yes.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Nino

Wil

Rebbecca

Neimi?

As good choices?!?

I can clearly tell this is seething with PEMN and arrogance.

Also, fe8 may as well be called "Silver Seth Slaughter Show"

We get 4 Ss and the true description.

Neimi isn't bad when you're not playing fast because lolFE8.

well to be honest iv'e never gone through the game fast because i take time to train the weaklings into kickass super fighters. i never let anyone die (with the exception oof two things. to play the gaiden chapters in shadow dragon. didn't think i could save lilina until i brain got another neuron. but it was to late and i missed out on three people) anyway i trained nino fully and she was ten times better than erk as a sage. neimi was kickass so was rebecca. wil was good on my first time but then he was shit in comparison to rebecca. i don't mind some of prepromotes i liked harken pent hawkeye. but training people from scratch gets better results. with the exception of sacred stones cause you can just buy heaps of stat growing items to make them pwnage.

on another note can anyone gimme some useful tips for training pricilla to lvl 20 early in game

Heal always, and get that Torch staff, and abuse the crap out of it. Unlock can help, as well. Worse comes to worse, park her in a forest, and have her dodge stuff.

Also, spam the barrier staff when you can as well, you get one in dragons gate. You can get a physic staff from a secret shop a few chapters later as well, so use that instead of healing for much more exp per heal.

• 2 months later...

FE7 -

Good; Raven, Lucius, Canas (overrated? so they say, but he capped almost all stats with me so), Rath, Oswin, Heath, Florina, Lyndis, Hector, Eliwood

Bad; Vaida

Bad for me; Marcus, Rebecca, Lowen, All axe users

FE8 -

Good; Ephraim!, Lute, Artur, Vanessa, Innes, Seth, Kyle, Forde, Ewan, Saleh

Bad; Ross, Neimi, Colm, Moulder, Joshua, Tana, Dozla, Rennac, Knoll

Bad for me; Franz, Marisa, Joshua, L'Archeal, Amelia, Gerik

Everything is based on opinion, of course. I love FE8 because it actually has really great pre-promotes and the opportunity to find out for yourself which units you find the best (grinding). FE7 had a lot of just really good units and loveable supports. I love both of these games so much and I can't say that one is better than the other based on characters/units.

FE7 -

Good; Raven, Lucius, Canas (overrated? so they say, but he capped almost all stats with me so), Rath, Oswin, Heath, Florina, Lyndis, Hector, Eliwood

Bad; Vaida

Bad for me; Marcus, Rebecca, Lowen, All axe users

FE8 -

Good; Ephraim!, Lute, Artur, Vanessa, Innes, Seth, Kyle, Forde, Ewan, Saleh

Bad; Ross, Neimi, Colm, Moulder, Joshua, Tana, Dozla, Rennac, Knoll

Bad for me; Franz, Marisa, Joshua, L'Archeal, Amelia, Gerik

Everything is based on opinion, of course. I love FE8 because it actually has really great pre-promotes and the opportunity to find out for yourself which units you find the best (grinding).

FE7 also has many good prepromotes such as Harken, Pent, and Jaffar.

Favorite characters from FE7

Pent-1.pngHarken.png

Pent is like the badass, married to Louise, and is of course, of the Sety archetype. Not to mention he's one of the best characters in the game gameplay wise. Same goes for Harken really, plus those HM bonuses. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Oh, and these guys too, I guess...

Lyn.pngSain.pngFlorina.pngMatthew.pngPriscilla.pngRaven.png

Dart.pngHeath.pngRenault.pngNino-1.pngFarina.pngKarla-1.png

I like to rag on Lyn a lot because she ALWAYS gets STR screwed or keeps her consistently bad DEF, but I kinda like her character. Sue me. Sain is hilarious and awesome and a total dudebro, Florina is...um, really good gameplay wise and I actually find her character interesting, believe it or not. Matthew is really neat with his wry sense of humor and total domination over Guy, Priscilla is a troubador which is like my favorite class and it's neat to see how she plays off guys like Sain or Heath, Raven's often considered "emo" but most of his supports indicate otherwise. He's also "overrated" in a sense that he's not top tier, but fuck it, I like using him anyways. Same goes for Dart, although he's probably better than Raven. Heath because Wyvern Knights are awesome, and he can rescue Hector. Renault has the most interesting backstory which explain why his MAG is so low. Same goes for Nino, really. Farina is awesome and like the greatest thing ever and seriously awesome. Karla because I like punching myself and she's cooler than Karel/Guy.

Favorite Characters From FE8

Eirik.gifLute.gifEphraim.gifOlson.gifTahna.gifAmelia.gif

Hineas.gifMarika.gifLarchel.gifSaleh1.gif

Eirika is like Lyn 2.0, big surprise that I like her too. Lute has some interesting supports despite people hating her and her not being as high tier as Artur, but she's cool in my books. Ephraim because he was so godly the first time I played FE8, Orson for being the somewhat tragic hero, Tana for being so loveable, same goes for Amelia (although like way wimpier than Tana). Innes is awesome because he's classy and the best, Marisa because I dunno, she's kinda hot? L'Arachel has the best supports in the game, and Saleh because the Sety archetype is the best archetype.

Edited by Refa

• 2 months later...

i have never played 7 throu to completion but in 8 my fav characters are as follows:

Lyon (not sure if CC characters count)

Knoll

Ross

Ewan

Amelia

Ephraim

Lute

Artur

L'arachel

Joshua

And the characters i loath are:

innes

dussel

marisa

tethys

saleh

maulder

syrene

and dozla

Edited by jalex3000

• 2 weeks later...

Likes-

Units that aren't complete crap and require resources that everyone else needs early on, at a point where resources are thin.

Like fe5 Fin/Brighton, fe6 Alance/Dieck, fe7 Lowen/Sain/Kent, fe8 Garcia

Units that come early, and provide good results-

Pirate!Ross, fe8 Nessie, fe7 BArtre

Units that come early, and may be a complete and utter pita to get rolling, and turn out decent/good/great-

fe8 Ranger!Neimi, fe8 MK Lute, fe6 Lugh on NM, fe10 Laura NM, fe9 Mist.

Neutrail-

Units that arrive with some form of utility, or are close to promotion for some form of utility.-

fe7 Rath-(Wall breaker+mount)

I'm fine with the following

Staffbots

Fliers

Mounts

Hates-

Units like fe5 Ronan, fe7 HHM Wil, fe7 Wallace, fe8 Marisa, fe7 Karla.

Bad bases, bad growths, bad join time, and don't do anything useful.

I also hate super recruits from fe8 for having shit Con.

Super Recruit Ross(3rd) has nice caps, but crap con and getting him there is craptastic.

Also, I ****ing hate Sophia, Wendy, and Wolt/Wil.