Rate the Unit, Day 29: Hawkeye

Thor Odinson

Hmm, let's see. Prepromote Berserker? And my alternative is Dart, who takes forever to get working and requires an expensive promo item? He's got good axes, okay bases, and needs only a little more Speed to get up to, well, speed? Forced/free deploy in several chapters, and useful in mountainous chapters that follow shortly thereafter?

7/10. No wait, 7.5/10. Half a point for Affirmative Action in that he and his daughter are the closest Elibe gets to being minorities. "Tan blonde" is not exactly what I'd call diversity, but I guess it's better than being Devdan.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention he can walk on peaks and get the avoid bonus. He can then proceed to tank everything. Especially good in 26. I don't know off the top of my head, but what hit would he face from Vaida if he were on a Peak?

He can be a decent axe user if you really want one... Dart is better when Trained and Hector says Hi...

4.5/10

lol you do realise that you don't have to stick to one of each weapon type right

Fucking amazing durability, pretty stunning offense, and average movement. Also the father of Igrene which is amazing. And, like... mountainwalk is pretty decent, I guess. 8.5/10.

I love it when Marcus crits shit dead with Handaxes.

S-ranked that shit 'soon as I could.

I actually had Marcus S rank lances.

There was something odd about Marcus crit blicking in and almost solo'ing HHM Port of Badon with WTD and javelins.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Well I'm a cheapass so I bought more handaxes than Javelins because it's a bit cheaper and WTA so why not

I think I just WTN'd Badon. Except that fucker with the Killing Edge, but I killed him too. :D

Nah, I should've done it. I just started using free javelins (IIRC) and never bothered with hand axes unless the extra 1 MT actually mattered. Plus, javs were more accurate, which was nice considering I do FE7 with no savestates.

EDIT: I think I have seen it backfire with a wall and get a Game Over from it. Hilarious, actually. ...You know what? I think there's a video of it doing it too.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

When puny kenneth is cornered on his throne.

A 8 ft tall, man packing 500 pounds of muscle.

Barechested and covered in snow comes with a brave/killer axe and doubles you.

That's why I don't want to play as red units.

Hawkeye is ridiculous.

Only his speed stops him!

haweye is alright. you can use him up to the last level. decent stats. starts out wth a killer axe. (and hero to save the village in cog of destiny) but quite a lot of charcters can be better than him.

i shall give hime a 5.5/10

Hawkeye is the manliest character in this game.

All jokes aside, when Hawkeye joins, it's almost like a god's blessing. Offensively, he's good overall. 18 str at base yields 29 atk with killer which is more than enough to 2HKO Chapter 26 wyverns, and even if he didn't 2HKO, he has 52% crit with it, in a game without enemy luck. Ridiculous. Of course, there is still the issue of doubling: Base Hawkeye has 11 spd, which is very boderline on wyverns(8-9AS)in Chapter 26, and he can be doubled by faster enemies like heroes, but I feel that he's probably one of the best speedwing candidates, which extends his offense quite a bit. And he has a 16 inch- I mean con, allowing him to wield basically any axe he wants without incurring a speed penalty(unlike his growth unit counterpart, Dart, who as a berserker, loses 2AS from steel and 3AS from brave)

His durability is just massive. The guy has 50HP at base, which is higher than anyone else in FE7(and FE8)at base, and some units have trouble reaching 50HP by 20/20. Coupled with his good 14def/10res, and you have a formula for one of the most durable non-Oswin, non-Hector units in the game(and even these two don't reach 50HP until at least 20/10). To give out an idea on just how hard Hawkeye is to kill, higher end steel lance wyverns in Chapter 26 7RKO him at base with around 40 dis. hit, and on a peak, 9RKO him if they could touch him at all(they can't). This is just too much. His res is also amazing for his class; at base with a pure water he has 17 res, which allows him to take a 30atk Bolting sage and 25atk Purge bishop in Cog, and live with over half his HP remaining. And did I mention that he does all this with no shirt on?

Note that all these examples involved base Hawkeye; obviously, he has time to grow. His actual growths are crap(his highest growth being HP at 50%), but a --/12 Hawkeye going into NoF can 2HKO everything with killer except the paladin, which he gets with silver, the hero, which he has swordreaver for, and the generals, which he ORKO's with brave axe. The only things that completely avoid a 2HKO are wyvern lords, and even then, Hawkeye has a 23% chance to OHKO them with silver. Defensively, he gets 4HKO'd or better by every physical unit on the map, except the silver lance WL, who 3HKO's. And since most things that can 4HKO him are lance users, he's facing ~35-40 displayed anyway. The magic users are obviously not threats to him, either, as the strongest non-Sonia mage 5HKO's him with PW/barrier, and unpromoted magi barely do anything at all. Even Sonia 4HKO's him with Bolting after PW/Barrier. And that example in Cog? --/12 Hawkeye loses less than 30% of his HP from the bolting guy+purge guy with PW.

Overall, he's extremely durable and has good offense despite not doubling consistently.

Hawkeye. <3

The dude with an awesome battle animation. That durable berserker that is not present in any other FE game. Wow, he totally doesn't fit the berserker class, but does well with it either ways.

Durability? hell yes. OHKOing? Yeah. Spd? Nope, but he'll be able to get enough speed over time t double everything, and come on, he basically WANTS killer axes.

8.5/10. I like those tatoos and the ponytail.

Only 1 vote has been below 6.

I guess being the manliest non-mounted unit in fe7 is something.

No, that would be Harken.

Hawkeye is amazing. . .amazingly heavy, that is. He can put himself on terrain that's really great for his avoid, but he doesn't move that fast while on it, and good luck getting him off of it. He's quite durable, usually. . .except that one time on ENM where he was hit by a 5% Eclipse. . .which I will never let him live down.

6.5/10. That's right, I think Heath is more useful.