Fe5 Advice.

MacLovin

You seem to have a lot of planning for your playthrough o_O No one's mentioned it yet, but if fancies you, you can also use a patch which raises all the caps from 20 to 30. Enemy units whose stats are determined by growth rates should make use of the new caps, but enemies with predetermined stats shouldn't increase, and so you'll be at a great advantage.

I mean, you're already on Elite Mode, but hey, maybe you want a little more room for your characters too :p

Already on CH4.

Karins holding the Hezul Scroll and a full use iron sword.

3 Levels later, the swords almost broken, and she dodgetanked quite a few soldiers.

Dismounted Peg, made of w1n.

Edited by The Creeper

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creeper, you're spoiling yourself the game too much. It's fine asking if you're stuck and what certain items do (patch doesn't translate everything) but knowing beforehand what characters you're "supposed" to use really kills the surprise factor of first-playing an FE game. Just use the characters you like and go with it. The only thing to worry about in this game is to keep your utility units alive.

There's no point in increasing the stat caps when most enemies in this game have pretty terrible stats to begin with.

Also I think I'm the only person in existence who advises not bringing anything but the Light Sword into Manster. Nothing else is good enough to be needed.

I found that the Light Sword was really useful, I didn't really miss the lack of Hammer. It's not like you even have any axe users aside from the horrible Dalshien, and Brighton/Felgus already have p. good offense.

Scrolls are kind of understandable if you're trying to max dem stats.

You don't need a Longsword =/

The Rapier is a pretty reliable ORKO on armors in Felgus's hands. The Steel Sword is a pretty reliable ORKO on mages in Machua's hands. But Leaf and Asvel should be doing most of the work for you because their offense is the most flexible and they have more move than the dismounted knights.

Hammer/Armorslayer and Flame Sword/Light Sword are musts. And the Lockpick, of course. You'll be fine as long as you bring those five.

Just make sure not to bring too many. The chests can only hold 16 items, and there are four items in addition to the ones you bring.

The hammer is completely useless, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: hey dondon, what are your thoughts on bringing a Killer Sword into Manster as well as the 60-use vulnerary? Most weapons are more trouble than they're worth, and your recruits lack the weapon levels or options to use most of the good ones (no Brave Axe, no Fire Sword, etc.), but you're certainly a little short on reliable killing weapons. This is an especially big problem in 4x and parts of 5. Capturing Shiva is a little luck based, but, in my experience, it makes the whole affair much easier.

Because Mages take a chunk of HP, I usually try for OHKOs.

In case you didn't already know, Lifis neuters mages by stealing their tomes.

Edited by God Brady

EDIT: hey dondon, what are your thoughts on bringing a Killer Sword into Manster as well as the 60-use vulnerary? Most weapons are more trouble than they're worth, and your recruits lack the weapon levels or options to use most of the good ones (no Brave Axe, no Fire Sword, etc.), but you're certainly a little short on reliable killing weapons. This is an especially big problem in 4x and parts of 5. Capturing Shiva is a little luck based, but, in my experience, it makes the whole affair much easier.

I don't get the Killing Edge because capturing Shiva is too damn hard. But it wouldn't be a bad idea. The main problem is that the only unit who can use it is Felgus, and he can pretty much ORKO enemies using a Rapier with Karin support in range (which should almost always happen in these maps because everyone is scooting towards escape tiles).

Really anything that one can bring to Manster only has the potential of improving Felgus. Fire Sword, Killing Edge, Armorslayer are all somewhat useful swords that only he has the rank to use (there's also a Brave Sword in 4x). Machua has a slight shot of reaching C swords depending on how fast you're going, and in an ideal world she'd be the unit you'd try to improve during Manster because she has 6 mov.

Edited by dondon151

I see a lot of advice about giving this blade and that blade to Felgus, so I had to ask, is Leaf a good combat unit, or do we just have him seize and that's that? Because I left him with the Rapier on all of my unfinished runs and he wasn't doing very good at all.

The hammer is completely useless, unless I'm missing something.

You have Dalshien to use it and armors to use it on. That's definitely not useless.

I see a lot of advice about giving this blade and that blade to Felgus, so I had to ask, is Leaf a good combat unit, or do we just have him seize and that's that? Because I left him with the Rapier on all of my unfinished runs and he wasn't doing very good at all.

Leaf's alright (mostly because of the Light Sword), but he usually hits the level cap so early compared to everyone else and kind of rots with mediocre stats for the majority of the game if you use him as a combat unit.

So basically, it's not that he's bad--it's that not only is it usually a bit of a waste of exp, the Light Sword is really good and Leaf can just use it fairly liberally.

You really want Leaf to be as good as possible for the indoor Manster chapters because he possesses some really good qualities - 6 move and a good 1-2 range weapon that attacks mag at range (good against armors) and def at melee (good against mages). The chapters 1 and 2 Life Ring and Speed Ring go a long way towards helping him reach this goal. It's not really important for him to be good in later chapters because he'll be seizing a lot more instead, but depending on the restrictions that you impose on yourself for a playthrough, he'll be helpful to varying degrees in indoor chapters.

You have Dalshien to use it and armors to use it on. That's definitely not useless.

Except you have like, 3 other ways to kill armors, all of which are more reliable than Dalshin trying to connect with a Hammer. The dude has pretty bad accuracy issues to begin with.

Except you have like, 3 other ways to kill armors, all of which are more reliable than Dalshin trying to connect with a Hammer. The dude has pretty bad accuracy issues to begin with.

There are also many armors to kill.

Ok.

On ch6 now.

Brightons lvl 18.

Karins lvl 10.

Asvel and Fergus are lvl 10+.

I'm thinking of promoting Asvel and repairing Graphcalibur.

Karins str blessed, she's got 10 str and has had the Hezul scroll glued to her since ch4.

She's got 30ish HP.

There are also many armors to kill.

Negatory on this one (not that there aren't many armors, but that Dalshin would be useful at killing those armors). There's 2 of them in chapter 4 before when Dalshin can be recruited, and after you recruit Dalshin, you wouldn't waste your time hanging around that room with a bunch of enemies. There's 4 of them in chapter 4x, but Leaf and Felgus should be able to get them all pretty easily; Dalshin does better here trying to OHKO mages with a Battle Axe. There's a bunch of them in chapter 5, but Asvel and Leaf have those covered pretty well, Asvel especially if he has Leaf support and Nanna's Charisma in range.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get another Fire Sword is chapter 10, don't worry too much about it. As for the other two, try to preserve them until chapter 7, you can repair them then.

If you haven't already, steal or capture a Fire/Thunder tome from one of the mages in this chapter to give to Asvel so he doesn't burn through Grafcalibur.

Asvel can probably do fine with Fire and Thunder, but you should still go wild with the Light Sword.

And in fe5 the great thing is that you can repair stuff that is down to 0 uses. It's great. I mean, if he wants to keep using that thing.