Rate the Unit, Day 37: Nino

Thor Odinson

Turns out that even at 20/1, she's worse than base level Pent. Rofl.

rofl indeed. And to think this is the same Nino people praise for her stats... Double rofl.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Narga, I think your 99.999999999999% figure was far too high. I'd frankly put it at 50/50.

50/50 is a joke. I'll admit to use of hyperbole, but only because I think it is far far more unlikely than you are claiming.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

ALright. Counting votes now.

-Counting xblade's 9.9 as discussed before. Not Peppy's because he haven't came back and justified his own votes.

-Not counting Trollvotes. Sorry Brady, but judging from what I'm reading in here and your previous track record regarding trolling, I'm more inclined to believe Narga.

-I will raise my own vote to 1.1 since I quite like Jaffar and she does get him like some people have mentioned (which to be fair I kinda forgot in my rating), and Fell Contract is worth a bit of money if you don't wanna promote Legault/Matthew (and likely they won't be unless character preference)

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Wow. I'm legitimately surprised my vote didn't count.

Honestly though, Nino deserves about a 3/10 when you throw in ranked runs. But if this is the precedent you're going to be setting (counting low votes based on poor reasoning and not high votes based on poor reasoning), then I don't know what do say.

There have been votes on extreme ends of both spectrums, and I could certainly say there have been a lot of votes that are way too high for characters that didn't have "good" justification that were still counted, but whatever, its just a rating topic.

There have been votes on extreme ends of both spectrums, and I could certainly say there have been a lot of votes that are way too high for characters that didn't have "good" justification that were still counted, but whatever, its just a rating topic.

Pretty much. Though it's certainly entertaining to see people get riled up over a whole bunch of nothing.

I actually did input another 9.9 to test, and Nino's average went up to 1.7-something.

Okay.

Tell me truthfully.

Were you trolling or not? I don't want to put in a troll vote, but if you're actually being legit with it, I can actually add it in. It's more of your reputation of being a troll with an uncharacteristically high vote for Nino that puts me off of it and I was being cautious. Not that it'd make a difference in her placement, mind, but if you were actually being serious, regardless of changes in placement, I'll add it in.

Am i too late?

Nino. Cool backstory but omg...wtf.

Pros:

Great growths.

Cons:

Joins far too late.

Far too underleveled.

Even in a normal run, shes gonna take loads of effort to train.

Bad con.

Shes just...too much effort for even most people. Ive used her many times but she always requires babying or kill feeding to get anywhere.

2/10. Shes better than archers but then again, ehh. Biased ranking: 5/10.

Yeah, you're a bit late, though if Brady's thing is serious I'll be adding votes in anyway so I can add in yours as well. Otherwise I really cbf and it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

rofl indeed. And to think this is the same Nino people praise for her stats... Double rofl.

Perhaps most of the hype comes from the rather prevalent use of Afa's Drops on any seriously trained Nino...?

At any rate, compare 20/1 Afa's Drops Nino with base Pent if you like. Mekkah says that's a decent metric, so...

--/6 Pent: 33 HP/18 Mag/21 Skl/17 Spe/14 Lck/11 Def/16 Res

20/1 Afa's Drops Nino: 31 HP/16.25 Mag/18 Skl/20 Spe/17.5 Lck/10 Def/18.25 Res

So Nino has 3 Skl, 3 Spe, 3.5 Lck, and 2.25 Res to Pent's 2 HP, 1.75 Mag, 3 Skl, 1 Def, and A rank in staves. To exacerbate the issue, Nino's pathetic Con of 4 means that Pent has +4 AS on her for any tome bar Fire (+0) and Thunder (+2). Crap, why did I think she was statistically good...?

Edited by Terrador

I actually did input another 9.9 to test, and Nino's average went up to 1.7-something.

Okay.

Tell me truthfully.

Were you trolling or not? I don't want to put in a troll vote, but if you're actually being legit with it, I can actually add it in. It's more of your reputation of being a troll with an uncharacteristically high vote for Nino that puts me off of it and I was being cautious. Not that it'd make a difference in her placement, mind, but if you were actually being serious, regardless of changes in placement, I'll add it in.

Obvious I wasn't being legit. She absolutely needs to be above Wil, but that's not going to happen. Still, you can include my 3/10 vote if you'd like (since that will still move her up a bit, lmao).

Perhaps most of the hype comes from the rather prevalent use of Afa's Drops on any seriously trained Nino...?

At any rate, compare 20/1 Afa's Drops Nino with base Pent if you like. Mekkah says that's a decent metric, so...

--/6 Pent: 33 HP/18 Mag/21 Skl/17 Spe/14 Lck/11 Def/16 Res

20/1 Afa's Drops Nino: 31 HP/16.25 Mag/18 Skl/20 Spe/17.5 Lck/10 Def/18.25 Res

So Nino has 3 Skl, 3 Spe, 3.5 Lck, and 2.25 Res to Pent's 2 HP, 1.75 Mag, 3 Skl, 1 Def, and A rank in staves. To exacerbate the issue, Nino's pathetic Con of 4 means that Pent has +4 AS on her for any tome bar Fire (+0) and Thunder (+2). Crap, why did I think she was statistically good...?

To be fair, Pent's bases are fucking ridiculous, even for his really high base level for that point in the game. Erk and Serra NEED to be right around 20/20 to basically tie with him statistically, despite their notably higher overall growths than him.

Nino has good bases for a level 5 mage, and great growths, but Pent's bases are so retarded that even that's not enough to catch up to him for most of her existance, provided you bothered to promote her by the end of CoD.

And did I mention he STILL has staff rank over them by this point? His only "weakness" is his low-ish SPD, but even Wil's mediocre speed can double almost (85-90%, I would guess) every normal enemy in the game post-promotion, so Pent's seriously not going to have trouble doubling shit before Final (you know, while you're not abusing massive range physic and warp).

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Obvious I wasn't being legit. She absolutely needs to be above Wil, but that's not going to happen. Still, you can include my 3/10 vote if you'd like (since that will still move her up a bit, lmao).

Fair enough. I'll include it when this laptop has more batteries left.

I don't think that she needs to be above Wil, though, but my ratings are generally most heavily weighed on efficiency (due to in which Wil gets to kill some pegs and Nino does nothing important) and HHM ranked doesn't favor her nearly as heavily as EHM ranked does according to some of the ranked players here. If it was EHM, I'd agree, but as far as HHM goes, I'd rather Wil higher.

To be fair, Pent's bases are fucking ridiculous, even for his really high base level for that point in the game. Erk and Serra NEED to be right around 20/20 to basically tie with him statistically, despite their notably higher overall growths than him.

Not really. Erk is statistically competitive with Pent as early as 20/10, with higher HP and SPD, tied DEF and RES, and slightly lower MAG and LUK. At 20/20 he would beat Pent in every stat except for skill and luck (tied), with a double-digit lead in HP and a 9 point speed lead.

Fair enough. I'll include it when this laptop has more batteries left.

I don't think that she needs to be above Wil, though, but my ratings are generally most heavily weighed on efficiency (due to in which Wil gets to kill some pegs and Nino does nothing important) and HHM ranked doesn't favor her nearly as heavily as EHM ranked does according to some of the ranked players here. If it was EHM, I'd agree, but as far as HHM goes, I'd rather Wil higher.

I think you would need to give an absurd amount of weight to efficiency in order for Wil's killing 1 pegasus knight to outweigh Nino's EXP rank contributions.

That being said, Wil can also contribute to the EXP rank in lategame. It's not like there aren't Wyverns he can try and kill, even if he's not as good at it as Nino (and would certainly be worse against everything else).

Edited by Anouleth

Uh, Erk never beats Pent in Mag. According to the averages listed on the main site, Erk's Mag at 20/20 loses to Pent's by exactly 1 (21.2 vs 22.2)

Oh, I thought he was talking about tying base level Pent, but I guess that was a pretty silly interpretation to make.

Oh in that case, Well yeah. 20/20 Erk or Serra is pretty much never anyway. Maybe Serra in ranked according to RF, but Erk will probably never get there.

WRT Nino: It's more of her contributions in Ranked in HHM is so easily replicated, vs. in EHM where it's actually really valuable. Mind, since I never play ranked (don't find it fun to have to train people to 20 instead of focusing it all in people I like, not spend all my money on Farina, etc) I can only base my ideas of it from the people who has done ranked, so...

Maybe the rankings should've been done in three parts where it's a separate score for efficiency, ranked, and casual. Too late to implement that now *O*

20/20 Erk or Serra is pretty much never anyway. Maybe Serra in ranked according to RF, but Erk will probably never get there.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that 20/20 Erk or Serra would happen, even in an S-rank EHM/HHM run. I meant to say that since Pent gets his stats mostly from bases and Serra/Erk get theirs almost entirely from growths, they AT BEST tie him when both are max level and lose everytime else (often significantly). It's part of the reason why I hate Pent so much -- he's a prepromote that the game literally HANDS to you and is basically equivalent AT BASE to an end-game well-trained Erk that somehow also got massive staff rank; if it wasn't for his low availability, I'd say that he makes Marcus look timid in comparison (because AT LEAST Marcus' mediocre growths can be noticeable).

Usually my healer(s) tend to be 20/10 or so by Final on S-rank runs. They're on the upper end of the level spectrum for my main team, but they don't even come close to 20/20.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I, on the other hand, hates training people unless they're really worth it (FE6 Rutger for all bosses ever, but even he's partially a bases unit anyway since HM bonuses gives him pretty hax bases for his jointime/level) or I like them as characters and just likes game to throw great units at me. So GO PENT

I think you would need to give an absurd amount of weight to efficiency in order for Wil's killing 1 pegasus knight to outweigh Nino's EXP rank contributions.

lmao well-said

And Wil's potential for chip damage isn't nearly as high as Nino's, regardless of mode. Just to be 100% clear, on any kind of ranked run, Nino > Wil.

Edited by God Brady

I, on the other hand, hates training people unless they're really worth it (FE6 Rutger for all bosses ever, but even he's partially a bases unit anyway since HM bonuses gives him pretty hax bases for his jointime/level) or I like them as characters and just likes game to throw great units at me. So GO PENT

Speaking of bases.

Fe6 HM Percival!!!