Pokemon Emerald Low Level Draft

Racer

Gym 4

Now I start avoiding trainers, now that my Pokes don't need to evolve. Maxie was easy, and Flannery went down pretty easily considering I have Gyarados to sponge Overheat. Going to grab Strength now.

Marshtomp is level 26, Nincada is level 24, Gyarados is level 23, and Minun is level 23.

Gym 5

Grab Strength, grab Toxic, teach it to Nincada and have it level on the required gym trainers to evolve and get Shedinja. Ninjask sets up SDs and sweeps the first two mons (Relying on Fury Swipes here, okay?) and almost kills Vigoroth. Marshtomp revenge kills. Then for Slaking. My entire strategy was based around getting in as many intimidates from Gyarados as possible (I needed 3 to live though a Facade with Toxic in effect) and get in a Toxic ASAP. Everyone was foddered to allow me to switch in Gyarados as many times as possible, and in the end I stalled it out.

Marshtomp is level 26, Ninjask is level 25, Shedinja is level 25, Gyarados is level 24 and Minun is level 23.

Edited by Serious Sam

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Creeper's turn, right?

On the way to Lilycove City, fought two of the non-avoidable trainers, accidentally got caught by one of the optional ones, and healed in the Pokecenter. Then I go to Mt. Pyre, in which I pick up a level 29 Vulpix. Flamethrower is wtf. I reset until I got one that didn't have an attack+ plus and -beneficial stat nature. I settled for a Hardy one. It insta-evolved via fire stone and it's stats are like wtf higher than everyone's except for Manetric.

Magma Hideout: Marshtomp leads, holding a Mystic Water, and roflstomps everything with it. OHKOing Poochyenas who aren't even weak to water, hell yeah. I went straight to Maxie and fought only the required grunts, but they were all wtfpwned by Marshtomp anyway. Maxie was a freaking joke this time around. Mightyena? Oh please. 3HKO'd by Marshtomp's surf, or alternatively Dustox could've outstalled it with toxic. Crobat was 2HKO'd by Manetric's thunderbolt. Camerupt is OHKO'd by surf. Fuck yeah.

Then I go to Slateport City, see Capt. Stern and watch the Aqua dudes jack the submarine, then fly back to Lilycove.

Aqua Hideout: Picked up the master ball and the nugget. Manectric wtfpwns everything in here. Everything. Matt's Mightyena was kind of annoying though because it didn't have any attack moves. It used scary face, then swagger, Manetric ended up hurting itself, used yellow flute, Mightyena uses swagger again, then it fucking roars Sableye into battle. Goddammit. Golbat was easily one shotted though.

Edited by CR-S01

Don't knock Clamperl, bro. That thing will wreck everything it touches, granted it is very hard to get it to touch things.

In other news, I biked around enough to get Marshtomp to love me enough to get that lady to give me the Soothe Bell. Level 23 Crobat here I come. I went ahead and taught Secret Power to Zubat, since he could use the attack power and he's the fastest thing on my team to abuse lucky Paralysis. I also gave Kadabra Shock Wave.

Edited by Iytcadorea

At least post your levels or something.

Gym Seven: Fuck. Earthquake rapes half my team and Psychic from Xatu rapes the other half. They both outspeed everything too, except for Manetric, which is still outsped by Xatu. Goddammit. All of my team is around level 30 too. >.< I needed a lot of bullshit luck to happen to pull off a win. I gave Manetric a lax incense so it could bullshit earthquake into missing. It can barely survive a psychic. Sableye managed to get a faint attack crit on Claydol, so fuck yeah. Fake out first, crit, then a faint attack crit. Manetric proceeds to OHKO Xatu with a thunderbolt on turn 1. No earthquake this turn because Clay was flinched. Then the next turn Mane dodges EQ, Sableye crits it, and Manetric thunderbolts Solrock. Unfortunately, it gets flamethrower'd and dies. I switch in Marshy next, and it switches straight into Claydol's EQ. Goddammit, die already. Sableye is killed by the EQ, I switch in Ninetales, I use Ninetales' turn to heal Marshy, then I ice beam Claydol's face off. After Marshy tanks another hit from EQ and Ninetales dies, Claydol's finally dead. Dustox is switched in, I use protect on it, and Solrock and Lunatone try to flamethrower and psychic it. Haha. Marshy gets a surf crit on Lunatone, which takes off about 2/3 of it's health. I revive Sableye using Dustox's turn, and surf again. Lunatone gets hyper potion'd, balls. Solrock flamethrowers Dustox. I switch in Sableye, fake out on Solrock, and surf crits Solrock this time. Dead. Lunatone uses hypnosis, fuck. I revive Sableye again on Marshtomp's turn because Luna's only attack move is psychic. Obviously, it psychics Marshy, then Sableye outstalls Lunatone and tanks all its psychics and hypnosises and whatever. Fuck yeah.

tl;dr: Tate and Liza tries to rape my entire team, but I prevail through the power of bullshit.

Pokemanz  Nickname  Lvl  HP  ATT DEF SPA SPD SPE  Nature   Moves
Marshtomp Dante      30  84   65  56  51  46  48  Naive    Ice Beam, Mud Shot, Surf, Tackle
Dustox    Greed      30  81   43  49  44  66  56  Hasty    Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, Psybeam
Sableye   Envy       31  76   53  53  47  52  38  Bashful  Fake Out, Detect, Thief, Faint Attack
Manetric  Pride      30  83   57  38  77  43  73  Mild     Quick Attack, Howl, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
Ninetales Wrath      30  86   51  58  61  69  69  Hardy    Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Imprison, Flamethrower

Spheal for Gluttony, Anorith for Sloth?

Edited by CR-S01

Uh, I see that Sho proposed that there be no recatching of Pokemon, but Elf hasn't confirmed it yet. So I caught another Sableye in Sky Pillar and it's stats are higher than my current one by like 10 points per stat, barring attack. But since dark is special in this gen anyway, the only thing it affects is fake out. So, uh, is this allowed?

Did shit at the Sky Pillar, fought a few trainers with Manetric, etc.

Gym Eight: Now my levels aren't all even and it's bugging me 8( Manectric solo'd most of the gym and she beat all of the gym trainers by herself to make Juan a bit easier. Whiscash was taken care of by Dustox's toxic skills. Before Juan switched in Kingdra, AKA on Crawdaunt, I dumped 3 X Specials and 1 X Speed so that Manetric can outspeed and (hopefully...) OHKO Kingdra, which it didn't. Like, there was a small sliver of red left. Fuck you. Then Kingdra double teamed, and then full restored, by thunderbolt paralyzed and also didn't miss, thankfully. A winner is me!

Pokemanz  Nickname  Lvl  HP  ATT DEF SPA SPD SPE  Nature   Moves
Marshtomp Dante      34  95   74  63  57  52  55  Naive    Ice Beam, Mud Shot, Surf, Tackle
Dustox    Greed      30  81   43  49  44  66  56  Hasty    Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, Psybeam
Sableye   Envy       31  76   53  53  47  52  38  Bashful  Fake Out, Detect, Thief, Faint Attack
Sableye2  Envy       34  85   53  64  57  63  48  Calm     Fake Out, Detect, Knock Off, Faint Attack
Manetric  Pride      35  99   69  45  91  51  89  Mild     Quick Attack, Roar, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
Ninetales Wrath      32  91   55  61  66  73  73  Hardy    Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Imprison, Flamethrower

Edited by CR-S01

Maxie was a joke to Shroomish, Kadabra, and Marshy.

Flannery was another story. Marshy took down Numel and Slugma no problem. The other two fell to a combined effort of Paralysis, Flinching, Confusion, gratuitous Fake Out, and Disable, and Revival Herbs. Good old purchasable Max Revive Revival Herbs. I don't remember the exact details since it took a few tries doing slightly different things each time, but just know it was tricky.

I level Kadabra to learn Psybeam. I don't have all the specific levels atm. Marshy and Golbat are 22. Everyone else is less than that but at least 19. By the time I finish Petulgburg Gym I hope to evolve Shroomish and Golbat, both of whom are absolutely crucial to beating Norman. This team needs Surf SO BAD.

As for the two Sableye thing, I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't use them at the same time (don't tell me I could have two Shroomish right now).

Edited by Iytcadorea

I just realized that with my epic strategizing abilities.

I have no chance of winning this

With Swampert.

So, I have other plansssss.

Inb4 Machop, W1ngull, Absol, and Plusle get taken.

Fuck Victory Road, man. Repels fucking suck. I'm gonna catch the highest leveled pokemon here possible, give it a rare candy, and put that in the front so I don't get so many random encounters. The trainers themselves aren't too bad though.

Uh, I see that Sho proposed that there be no recatching of Pokemon, but Elf hasn't confirmed it yet. So I caught another Sableye in Sky Pillar and it's stats are higher than my current one by like 10 points per stat, barring attack. But since dark is special in this gen anyway, the only thing it affects is fake out. So, uh, is this allowed?

Its cool. you can catch other Pokes. Give me a couple more minutes, I'm trying to think who to pick...

EDIT: Wait! I don't mean twoof the same pokes on your team!

EDIT2: I pick Tropius.

Edited by Dark Elf

Because we all love Mudkipz

Hail to the almighty Mudkip

Seriously, IDT that Marshtomp can do much in e4.

My teams gonna start getting going mid-game.

LolSolrock.

LolGulpin->Swalot

LolHaryama

Now, to fix my fast desktop so I can frameskip at 800% instead of a measly 120% on my toughbook.

Edited by The Insane One