Pokemon Emerald Low Level Draft

Racer

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used Torkoal before so I pick it. Good thing guys I'm on term break til Tuesday in America and I'll be a bit more active now.

Also how do XD drafts work?

For cases like Abra/Machop, would you be allowed to trade to get them to evolve? Or just no trading period?

I was assuming no trading. And considering Abra, Geodude, and Machop are all still left, I think that's the vibe the others got as well.

Started.

Gym One: Picked Mudkip, beat Roxanne, but started off with Cascoon in the front so it could get to Dustox ASAP. And holy fuck, getting a Cascoon took a shit ton longer than it should have. I should've probably just found a Cascoon and fed it kills but I didn't want Mudkip to get any excess kills so I caught level 6 Wurmples and trained them up. It took 4 Wurmples until I found a Cascoon. What the fuck is this shit. Fuck you, all of you Silcoons. Wurmple also sucks at killing shit, so this took forever so I just fed the last one two Geodudes in the gym from Mudkip and bam, Cascoon.

Roxanne was okay. I had Cascoon out first, then switched to Mudkip to water gun Geodude's face off, and did the same for Nosepass. Except Mudkip almost died to Nosepass. But with Mudslap's accuracy loss, it did okay.

Pokemanz  Nickname  Lvl  HP  ATT DEF SPA SPD SPE  Nature
Mudkip    Dante      12  35   24  20  20  16  18  Naive
Dustox    Greed      11  34   18  20  19  27  23  Hasty

Gym Two: Went ahead to Granite Cave and delivered the letter to Steven since I know this game like the back of my hand. I looked for a level 12 Sableye but then it took too long so I was like "fuck it" and caught a level 11 one. It ate the first Meditite in the gym so it could get to level 12, then went on to Brawly. I had Dustox kill Machop first with Confusion, then switched to Sableye for the rest.

Mudkip    Dante      13  36   26  21  21  17  19  Naive
Dustox    Greed      12  37   19  21  20  29  24  Hasty
Sableye   Envy       14  39   26  26  23  26  19  Bashful

Edited by CR-S01

Gym Three: Okay. I backtracked and got the EXP share from Rustboro. I focused EXP mainly into Mudkip so it could evolve in time for Wattson. I caught an Electrike, mild nature, and beat the first grunt with it. Tackle as it's only attack move sucks ass. Then I used Dustox to beat the other grunt. Beat the two pokefans and focused on mainly taking out that chick's Plusle/Minun then beat the dude's ones.

So, Wattson time. He was a dick, but it only took 3 tries. Started off with Marshtomp and mud shotted Voltorb, then mudslapped it. The first time, it kaboomed after the first mudshot, but the second try I switched Sableye in and then it kept using rollout. So the next time I just kept Marshtomp in and killed it. Then Marshy crit Electrike. Magneton supersonic'd Marshy and then it hurt itself so I switched into Sableye so it could tank a sonic boom. Then switched into Dustox and took a super sonic, healed Marshtomp, then Dustox got crit by a shockwave. Manetric was a huge fucking dick. Marshtomp killed it, finally.

Marshtomp Dante      17  51   38  33  30  27  28  Naive
Dustox    Greed      15  44   23  26  23  35  29  Hasty
Sableye   Envy       15  41   27  28  24  27  20  Bashful
Electrike Pride      16  39   23  17  29  19  28  Mild

Edited by CR-S01

After I got rock smash, I went through Verdanturf Town and through Rusturf Tunnel to pick the Leppa berries I'd planted earlier. I think I might need them for the E4 or Victory Road. Then I dicked around Fallarbor for a bit to get a yellow flute and a blue flute, because I fucking hate confusion.

Gym Four: Oh, boy. I actually battled a few optional trainers here, namely the Geodude hikers. Went up on Mt. Chimney, beat the two grunts individually and beat Tabitha. Then, I ran back to heal and came back. Maxie was a fucking dick. I led with Dustox, switched to Electrike, who was basically death fodder, and then switched to Marshy after Electrike died. It used mud shot twice to outspeed it, then mudslapped it and it never even hit Marshtomp :P Dustox killed Zubat and could barely survive a wing attack from it. It confusion'd Zubat, then Zubat used super sonic, so I yellow flute'd it, Zubat wing attacks, then Dustox crits with a confusion. Thank you, dear. Marshtomp lolpwns Camerupt.

Time for the Lavaridge gym. I battled all of the gym trainers with Sableye, which took forever, but the first time I tried Flannery, Sableye couldn't outspeed Torkoal. Which was stupid as hell. I went to an online stat calculator and it said the most speed a level 29 neutral nature Torkoal with 31 IVs in speed would be 25, and Sableye had 24 so I leveled it once just in case her Torkoal had a speed boosting nature or actually had 31 IVs. (I needed Sableye to outspeed her Torkoal because it had to use Thief to steal that White Herb) Both Camerupt and Torkoal's overheat takes a huge chunk out of Marshtomp, plus a free white herb is nice.

Numel was easily killed by Marshtomp's water gun/mudshot. Slugma was one shotted by mud shot :P Then Camerupt came out and OHKO'd Marshtomp with a sunny day'd overheat. What the hell. Good thing revives are buyable just before this gym >___> Switched in Dustox, revived Marshtomp, let Dustox die, then switched in Marshy again. Dead. Then I switched in Sableye for Torkoal, used Thief to steal its white herb, then it died to overheat. I switched in Marshtomp again and finally killed it, which took too long so I won't describe the process. Attract is a dick.

Marshtomp Dante      22  64   48  41  38  34  35  Naive
Dustox    Greed      19  54   28  32  29  43  36  Hasty
Sableye   Envy       20  51   35  36  31  35  25  Bashful
Electrike Pride      19  45   26  19  35  22  33  Mild

Edited by CR-S01

Gym Five: Shit, I'm on a roll. I got the Claw Fossil, backtracked to Rustboro, then revived it. I went all the way back to Petalburg but then I realized I needed toxic for the Norman battle. I needed an HM slave for strength, so I caught a Marill for that. I went back to Fiery Path and got both the fire stone and toxic. Battled a few filler trainers here and there, Electrike finally learns Spark so it can pull its own weight now.

Norman was a cakewalk. Dustox toxics, switch to Sableye, wall the normal attacks, heal if not, then rinse and repeat. Marshtomp so far hasn't got any experience since Lavaridge :P Slaking was just free experience.

Marshtomp Dante      22  64   48  41  38  34  35  Naive
Dustox    Greed      21  58   31  35  32  47  39  Hasty
Sableye   Envy       20  51   35  36  31  35  25  Bashful
Electrike Pride      22  51   30  22  39  25  38  Mild
Ninetales Wrath      Haven't got it yet

I'm thinking about renaming Marshy to Dante instead of Gluttony. Because Swampert isn't very "gluttonish". Also kind of split on whether Ninetales should be Wrath or Lust. Prolly Wrath. Also I don't think Avarice fits Dustox, so he's going back to good old Greed.

Edited by CR-S01

No way we draft the whole list. I personally don't care too much to draft past round 5 given I have a decent team early and late, but I can see the appeal to some others to have a more complete team throughout. I'll keep drafting if it keeps being my turn (especially if one particular Pokemon comes back around to me).

I'll probably start pretty soon since I have no plans to improve my earlygame team and I actually have a full team of six.

Prolly Wrath.

Ha, Prollywrath.