Pokemon Emerald Low Level Draft

Racer

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. I should've drafted Sableye. I didn't think of Norman... Aww fuck...

Solrock

I got him for NORMAN

Sho, on the other hand...

Also

I have a strategy.

I think

Edited by The Insane One

I don't understand why Solrock will save you out of Norman. Normal weakness to rock isn't instawin, Slaking can fucking kill your ass.

Flinch

Rock Throw

Or, just spam X attack and pray for the best

Gym Six: Surfed around, picked up Ice Beam :D Then I taught it to Marshtomp. Beat the Aqua dudes in the Research Facility, kicked Brendan's ass, and skipped all the other battles. Caught the Kecleon, which I'm going to use as a wild pokemon repeller. Repels don't work with my actual pokemon because they're too low leveled >.<

Now, in the gym, I beat all of the trainers except for the first one because I needed to raise up Marshtomp and I needed to evolve Electrike. It wasn't enough, so I went right of Fortree and beat the two trainers out there.

I had a bit of trouble with Winona at first because I was trying to use Marshtomp's ice beam after Manetric oneshots Swablu, but Altaria justs sets up on me and wtfpwns everything. So I decided to lead with Marshtomp this time and gave him 3 X Specials and 2 X Speeds. Swablu just tried to mirror move me but sucks for her :P One time, Swablu used perish song. That dick. But the next try went wonderfully. Marshtomp OHKO's Tropius, 3HKOs Pelipper, 2HKOs Skarmory, and OHKOs Altaria. I needed the 2 X Speeds because Altaria outspeeds and rapes Marshtomp if it only gets 1 of them.

Huh, Winona was the reason I drafted Electrike in the first place, yet it did nothing. Not drafting Electrike again >.< At least it's good for Wallace and Juan.

Pokemanz  Nickname  Lvl  HP  ATT DEF SPA SPD SPE  Nature   Moves
Marshtomp Dante      26  74   56  49  44  39  41  Naive    Ice Beam, Mud Shot, Surf, Tackle
Dustox    Greed      26  68   36  41  37  56  46  Hasty    Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, Psybeam
Sableye   Envy       25  64   44  46  39  44  32  Bashful  Fake Out, Detect, Thief, Night Shade
Manetric  Pride      26  75   50  35  69  39  65  Mild     Quick Attack, Howl, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
Ninetales Wrath      Haven't got it yet

Edited by CR-S01

I'll let you all know before hand; My starter will be Treecko, like a real man.

Maybe we should give him Marill.

Also, I started, currently saved in front of Rustboro gym. Update when I get anywhere.

CR, you don't need to pick for me anymore.

Starting my log on Emerald.

Gym 1

Picked Mudkip as my Starter. Didn't fight many wild pokes, and was still level 5 against May. Oh well, I beat her without wasting a Potion. Scurry back to the lab, grab the Pokedex and continue on. Skipped a few trainers to feed Nincada some exp. I skip Poocheyena for now, I'll catch one as a Mighteyena, it'll be easier to train up. Beat down the Magma grunt and skipped trainers for Nincada. I finally caught one, and sent it to work on everything I skipped. Sadly, I'll have to be slow training up to evolving at level 25 so that both Ninjask and Shedinja get Toxic. I then went to fight Roxanne. Mudkip stomped her, but struggled a bit due to baton switching for exp on Nincada.

Mudkip is level 13, Nincada is level 10.

Gym 2

Beat up the Magma grunt again, and hurry back to Briney. I'M ON A BOAT- I mean, uh... So I head straight for Steven hiding away in his cave. Get the Steel Wing TM for Ninjask possibly? Mudkip kills just enough of the gym trainers to evolve into Marshtomp, whilst Nincada kills the rest. Ignoring Magikarp for now. I'll grab the exp share after the gym. Marshtomp kills off Machop taking minor damage. Nincada comes in on Meditite who decides to set up Bulk Ups, whilst I heal. Brawly wastes all his items in the struggle between the two, and even runs out of Focus Punch PP. Marshtomp returns to take on Makuhita, who sets up a Bulk Up whist Marshtomp Bides. Next turn it hurls a Vital Throw, bringing Marshtomp to a third of it's health, before being OHKOed by Bide.

Marshtomp is level 17, Nincada is level 13.

Picked Mudkip, nicknamed it Boogeyman. He the first few mandatory battles. Before long I catch a Lotad, named Wumbology, and a Shroomish, Bitchslap. I feed experience to the two of them so they can learn Absorb and Stun Spore respectively before I have to face Roxanne. I teach Wumbo Bullet Seed, since he doesn't get any good grass STAB naturally. He beats Roxanne single-handedly, because he's awesome.

I fight off the Aqua grunt yadda yadda yadda and sail to Dewford. I catch my Abra, Artur, and Zubat, Adam West (Christian Bale wouldn't fit), and deliver the letter without facing Brawly. I figure I'll come back to do that once Zubat learns Wing Attack. I get the Silk Scarf, but it disappointed me because I could have sworn that was where you get the Soothe Bell.

I move on to Slateport, deliver the package, and fight off the Aqua grunts, mostly by Wumbo and Bitchslap, but I try to feed the younger ones some exp. I teach Artur Theif so he can attack before he evolves. I figure he's fast enough to use it better than the rest of my team, plus it'll help him for Gym 7 if it comes down to it.

I head back to Rustboro, get my Exp. Share and save in front of a pair of blossoming Cheri trees I planted yesterday. I'll continue once I get my berries, since I've regretted not having enough Cheris in the past.

Levels:

Boogeyman (Mudkip): lv 11

Wumbology (Lotad): lv 13 (one from evolution)

Bitchslap (Shroomish): lv 13

Artur (Abra): lv 10

Adam West (Zubat): lv 10

Gym 3

Caught Magikarp, and gave it the exp share. Fought all the trainers in the Soda place, and delivered the package, and did the Trick House. Then I caught Minun, remembering I drafted her. May was simple. I fought everything I could before Wattson. Magikarp evolved, and stuff happened. Nincada is denied an evolution until I teach it Toxic. Marshtomp beats Wattson easily, until CRIT +3 Quick Attack from Manetric (Seeing as how it sponged a hit, and I misclicked on Mud Slap a few times). It killed Nincada and Gyarados too. I don't even know how but Minun won it for me.

Marshtomp is level 22, Nincada is level 20, Gyarados is level 20, Minun is level 21.

I'm gonna forgo the nicknames from here on out.

I evolved Lotad. May's Grovyle actually posed some problems since my team's attack is water and grass-attack based. To beat it I had to Stun Spore with Shroomish, then Supersonic with Zubat, then Flinch it with Lombre's Astonish, which kinda felt like a dick move.

I battled a few more nearby trainers to get Kadabra and Marshtomp, both of which proved to be crucial against Wattson. Kadabra went down to Voltorb, who was finished off by Shroomish. Electrike was also beaten by Shroomish, with a Soda Pop. Magneton got taken by Marshy. Manetric I managed to Stun Spore and Leech Seed and then stall out with Marshy. Basically Stun Spore and Leech Seed can remove any problem I run into at the moment. <3 first pick

I think I'm gonna take a break since I whole new group of Pokemon just opened up to me that I might be able to draft and this grass-heavy team is gonna need some help with Flannery.

Marshy is at 17. Kadabra is at 16. Everyone else is at 15. I'm going Acro Bike.

You know what, since you guys are not gonna stop arguing about this, I'll just give him Numel. OK?

Oh yeah did some more progress. This is after Flannery. She and Wattson were a joke 'cause of Marshtop :)

PokemonEmerald_01-2.png

Edited by Dark Elf