ITT: Classical Music ONLY!

Maji

Yes, yes I did mean classical music, how unprofessional of me -__-

I edited it either way, thank you for pointing that out.

Currently, I am listening to all the pieces right now, wow, I am sort of ashamed of myself for not listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, yet calling myself a classical music lover. I never knew that that really famous french horn section in the first part was from this piece, nor did I know that The Beatles's "All You Need is Love"'s fanfare was derived from this piece as well. I couldn't help but start to listen to the second part, I hope there's cannons later on!

For the other pieces, I love Chopin, he's my absolute favourite composer when it comes to piano pieces, so I'm excited about that, as am I with Dvorak's piece, as we discussed him in my Music History class last semester. For the final piece, I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I'll tell you what I think after I listen to it.

I'm posting Part 2 of Bach's Lute Suite because it's the more known part, y' know, with that fierce and fabulous Boureé and Gigue at the end? You're free to listen to the first part as well, my passion for lute and harpsichords is unmatched!

You didn't listen to the 1812 overture?

That's almost a GTFO.

Lol.

Try looking up the William Tell overture.

I can't find a good quality version though, but I liked listening to it.

And to the show that jad it as a theme.

I have listened to William Tell Overture,. it's the apple arrow song, and the Irish Spring song. biggrin.gif

aaaaaaa, this is one of the first classical music pieces I ever listened to and loved, which drew me into the world of classical music.

Which wasn't too terribly long ago in the grand scheme of things.