[FE7] Elieson's 2nd Attempt at a unique draft

Elieson

I took a look at drafts, and wanted to try to stray away from absolute LTC strategies...then I stubbed my toe, fell on my dog, hit my head on a door, laid on the ground for a minute, and came up with this.

An EXP driven Draft!

Yep. That's it. A 6-person Levels HNM Draft. You'll see the ruleset below, carefully tailored to explain the draft. Your goal is to gain levels. Lots of levels. Not breaking the rules of course. See below for those lovely rules.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 24x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

EXP-Draft specific rules:

1. Visiting Arenas is strictly prohibited. You may stand on an Arena for the Avoid bonus or for whatever you may want to for, but you may not visit. The only exception to this is to recruit Karla.

2. Bartre/Karla are drafted as a sole unit.

3. Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ninian, Athos, and Marcus are free. Matthew is also free, but Legault is banned. *see below for details*

3a. Matthew is free until Chapter 20. When this chapter is completed, you may choose to either keep Matthew as your free thief, or switch to Legault as your free thief. At no time may both thieves be deployed on any map. You may choose 1 thief to deploy after chapter 20. That thief is the only one you are allowed to use for the remainder of the game. Should you choose Legault, your gained levels from Matthew still count towards your total.

4. All drafted units must be recruited.

5. Final 2 undrafted units are banned.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn deployment penalty, per unit per chapter. If an undrafted unit is deployed to recruit another unit, that unit may only execute a "wait" or "talk" command.

Exceptions:

1. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.

2. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16

Now, how do you figure out your grade at the end of this draft, you ask? Well, I'll tell you!

The object is to gain as many levels as possible. I.e., Hector starts at Lv. 1. You level him up to Lv. 20, then promote him, and level him up to Lv. 20. From Lv. 1 - 20 is +19 levels, then Lv 20/1 - 20/20 is another 19, so Hector can contribute up to 38 levels towards your final number. All your units combined gained levels may be represented at "TL".

Marcus joins at XX/1, so if you raise him to XX/15, he will contribute 14 levels to your total score. Units promoted at an earlier level, such as Raven promoting at Lv. 10, then going to 20 will provide you with 24 levels to your total (Base Lv. 5 - Lv. 10 = 5 levels, then 10/1 - 10/20 = 19 levels. 4+19=24)And how about your turn count?

You could just take forever and fart your way through the game. Well, you have a timer. Complete the game in 275 turns, and you can rest easy. For every 5 turns over the alloted 275, you take a ((TC - 275)/5) approach to add to your total levels gained. For every 5 turns under 275, you receive a bonus +1 to your score, and -1 for evey 5 turns over 275. Represent your turn count as "TC".

So the formula for coming up with your score is: TL - ((TC - 275)/5) = Total Score

[spoiler=Example of scoring]

Are you a bit confused. That's ok. I've provided an example, so you can see how it works.

So, if you gained 150 levels and finish on 270 turns, then;150 - ((270 - 275)/5) = 150 - (-5/5) = 150 - (-1) = 150 + (1) = 151.

See how it works? Good.

Participants:

1. Elieson

2. Refa

3. Boron

4. Dark Elf

5. Eclipsey

6. Baldrick

Random.org order selection: 2, 5, 1, 3, 6, 4

or Refa, Eclipse, Elieson, Boron, Baldrick, Dark Elf

We draft in snake style so 1,2,3,4,5,6,6,5,4,3,2,1. So,

Refa- Priscilla, Raven, Pent, Wil, Harken

Eclipse- Florina, Erk, Lucius, Rebecca, Isadora

Elieson- Lowen, Kent, Canas, Dart, Hawkeye

Boron- Rath, Fiora, Guy, Farina, Karel

Baldrick- Serra, Heath, Bartre-Karla, Nino Geitz/Wallace

Dark Elf- Sain, Oswin, Dorcas, Louise, Jaffar-

Scoring:

Eclipse:> 344TL - ((238TC - 275)/5) = 351.4

Refa > 323TL - (214TC-275)/5 = 335.2

Elieson > 307TL - (246TC-275)/5 = 313.8

Boron > 327TL - (268TC-275)/5 TC = 328.4

Baldrick > 349TL - ((242TC-275)/5) = 355.6

Dark Elf >

(Never Formally Entered) Horace: > 342TL - ((197TC-275)/5) = 357.6

[spoiler=Banned Units]

Vaida

Renault

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, perhaps I missed it, but what difficulty are you going to make this? If it's HHM, I'm out. Anything besides that, count me in. (Although I might take a while to finish, because I have my Sacae-only playthrough to finish first.)

HNM? Count me in, then. I might not start until a bit later, because I have my Sacae run to finish, but I play FE7 fast. So it's not a problem for me.

After a bit of soul searching, I have decided to join this draft.

First off, I suggest removing this.

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 24x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

Second, what happens if undrafted units see battle? I must've missed it...

1. Your Raven math's a bit wonky. If he goes from level 5 to 10, he earns 5 levels.

2. I'm in, because I have vacation, and because I'm good at getting experience (see what happened to Colm in the FE8 Eph Hard Mode draft).

EDIT: Check your TL/TC calculation wording.

Edited by eclipse

YES, I didn't miss a draft.

I'm in, that makes 6.

I have a cunning plan. Hopefully nobody else will work it out and steal my units.

Edited by Baldrick

This reminds me somewhat of that one tactician stars draft the Radiant Dragon hosted a while back. That one was fun, and this one looks like it will be as well!

although I think I know which units would be the best

Edited by General Horace

1. Your Raven math's a bit wonky. If he goes from level 5 to 10, he earns 5 levels.

2. I'm in, because I have vacation, and because I'm good at getting experience (see what happened to Colm in the FE8 Eph Hard Mode draft).

EDIT: Check your TL/TC calculation wording.

Fixing my wording to reflect your correction. Also, changing one instance of 300 to 275.

Also @ Dark Elf. You suggest changing the Gaiden chapter rule, but can you provide reasoning please?

Just a clarification. We're still allowed to visit the arena with Bartre in 31x? It's technically against the rules but I don't think the rule was intended to screw over whoever gets BK.

Just a clarification. We're still allowed to visit the arena with Bartre in 31x? It's technically against the rules but I don't think the rule was intended to screw over whoever gets BK.

Ah, yes. That exception is allowed.

Also, Random.org has elected the selected drafting as :

2, 5, 1, 3, 6, 4

or, Refa, Eclipse, Elieson, Boron, Baldrick, Dark Elf

We draft in snake style so 1,2,3,4,5,6,6,5,4,3,2,1.

This means, Refa is up first!

This is like the first time I've been first for a draft. Wow. I need to take in the moment.

...OK, I'm done.

Priscilla

Please don't tell me I've already fucked upâ„¢

The gaiden rule just needs a little tweak is all. Put that other gaidens are not free in the first sentence. Seeing "and are free up to 20 turns taken" at the end of it all is kinda confusing for someone with less than adequate english reading comprehension like me. Hint: english is not my primary language

Nope, got my phone on~

And damn, I was hoping for Flo. I'll pick Lowen though. I've never drafted him before...so I dunno what I'll get.

My turn, then? I pick Rath.

Yes, I know he's not the lowest-leveled character. But I have a feeling that this isn't going to turn out much differently than my normal playthroughs, so might as well pick by best unit first.