Rate the Unit, Day 18: Tana

First off, the difference in rank is not much. 2nd, in a draft setting, you tell me one person who ganks Innes before 3RD round.

And Warp > Nidhogg. Hell, even Rescue > Nidhogg. She may not be its best user, but she certainly can produce results with it, and those results can outweigh Innes contributions with his shiny bow of baddassery.

Lessee.

Fe8 drafts are 4 player

Artur

Moulder

Natasha

Saleh.

Oh gee, there are 4 possible warpers.

Also, L'arachel has been in the last or 2nd to last round picks.

Innes is mid round.

Yeah, but who's picking L'Arachel>Innes when one has one of the above 4.

Oi, knock it off you two. This shit's Tana's thread.

EDIT: For the Marisa/Amelia/Ewan thing, Elie, that's exactly why I'm not specifying which route. For any one that's clear (Innes, Duessel, the twins) it's obvious which route they're best on and I shouldn't have to explain it. For any unit that could go either way (Marisa, Amelia, Ewan) people may well have arguments that they perform better on one route than the other. I only want units rated based on what each person thinks their best route is, not what I think their best route is.

Edited by Integrity

I like Tana better than Vanessa, mostly because Tana always performs better for me than Vanessa. But that is neither here nor there.

Tana is better on Eirika's route, since she comes with weapons and the ability to fight. It's not exactly the best map for her to start on, though, with axe-wielding pirates walking on water and fast things that can double her if she's even slightly weighed down. Tana's durability is "eh" at first, as is her combat, and she will require levels to be usable. But her growths are pretty good, and once (if) she catches up, she will be a very decent combat unit.

Of course, she's a flier, so maybe you'll want to use her for her flight utility and not her combat? In that case, Vanessa has an advantage due to being around longer and doing more stuff before Tana even exists, but having two fliers is always better than one. Seriously, if someone like me who doesn't play for LTC was able to use screwed Vanessa and Syrene to pull off crazy stuff and get low turn counts in a draft, imagine how much more Tana could contribute to moving people around in combination with Vanessa. laugh.gif

7/10, because she's a flier and automatically gets points for that. Her combat is better than Vanessa's on average, but she is underleveled and requires a little babying to be useable. I can't recall what I gave Vanessa (I'll look it up now), but I feel this is fair. More potential in exchange for not being around longer.

Oi, knock it off you two. This shit's Tana's thread.

EDIT: For the Marisa/Amelia/Ewan thing, Elie, that's exactly why I'm not specifying which route. For any one that's clear (Innes, Duessel, the twins) it's obvious which route they're best on and I shouldn't have to explain it. For any unit that could go either way (Marisa, Amelia, Ewan) people may well have arguments that they perform better on one route than the other. I only want units rated based on what each person thinks their best route is, not what I think their best route is.

Marisa is better Eir route I'm pretty sure, shows up two chapters earlier with the same stats. Ewan and Amelia have the same jointime, so Eir I guess due to slightly easier enemies, though they're both still just really bad.

Tana; flier #2. Stat-wise she is pretty much superior to Vanessa in every way, although Vanessa has the possibility of the best support bonuses in the entire series to back that up (lol double Anima x Anima). However, by the time you pick her up, Vanessa will be so far ahead that it'll be hard for her to catch up. So another good unit horribly outclassed by one you get much earlier. This happens often in this game.

7/10; she's still a very good unit after all

Was just in a car crash; so sorry if this isn't as in detail as you would like. Donn't worry, :Amelia: will still feel my full wrath tomorrow.

Tana is this cute princess with a flying pony who can get into Ephraim's pants.

Pros:

Nice defense.

Good strength for her class.

Fantastic supports.

Flying horsie.

Cons:

A tad underleveled when recruited.

Honestly, i always felt Tana > Vanessa. At least stat wise. I always use both though so yeah. I also always use her despite the route. She does perform better in Eirika's route but she dont hurt in Eph's either.

8/10. Biased rating 9.5/10. Shes probably my favorite unit in that game....

Amelia....

If blessed, is good.

Otherwise, lolamelia, lolgeneralAmelia.

Tana is fun, 45% str growth

àt 12/1, as a WK-shes a good combatant with the aid of stronger weapons.

And even has a speed buffer for heavier stuff.

Body ring on WK tana sounds like a good investment.

11 con.

Pierce

Awesome speed

Good str

Alright durability.

Hmmm

Me thinks she's really good lategame with a body ring.

Then she turns into Miledy lite.

You people give Tana way higher ratings than she deserves. Tana joins at a very bad joining time for her. She's understatted and in Ephraim route faces very high enemy densities and fliers to make it very difficult to feed her a kill, while in Eirika's path there's generally a lot more fliers and it is also difficult to feed her the kills she needs. Not to even mention she needs to get blessed in the first few levels she gains to save her from falling behind too much to be worth training anymore.

In all seriousness, the only thing she's worth using for is her flier utility, and you already have Vanessa for that, and within a few chapters also Cormag(who happens to have solid combat)

4/10

I counted Excellen's 4/10 but not OrangeCrush's. Because psychotic dictator.

Also my rating for Tana is 7.5/10 which gives her a beautiful average. Tomorrow's day!