Rate the Unit, Day 22: Tethys

Yes, Ein. We know. You say that about everyone and their mother.

LOLOL Gerik over Vanessa. I mean, Gerik is a bajillion times cooler but this shocks me.

Tethys.. dances, in a game where your entire team isn't mounted and there are goals other than seize, so that's worth quite a lot.

9/10 + 1 bias because hotdamn

10/10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerik got modest marks from the LTC crowd and high marks from the others. Vanessa got high marks from the LTC crowd and poor marks from those others.

I don't agree with it, but there it is.

I suppose it is representative of people's view though. It's not like we could do "Rate the Unit in LTC" and "Rate the Unit in Casual".

Well... we could, but the latter would be a mess, and the former would have a lot of bitching.

Yes, Ein. We know. You say that about everyone and their mother.

I only mention it, constantly, because people seem to forget that, constantly.

It's rather annoying how constantly people forget that so constantly. ;/

Also, I hate FE and everyone who likes it but that's probably not important.

Dancer/10

She saves turns. Enough said.

She lacks the Ninils rings, so a point off for that. She has almost no competition for Swiftsoles, either, so she can at the least keep up with unpromoted mounts and the Valks/Mageknights.

9.5/10, +.5 because she's my second favorite dancer in the series.

Tethys. The dancer.

Pros:

Makes people move twice.

Decent speed.

Can support with cool people like Gerik.

Cons:

Bad move.

Super squishy like all dancers.

Shes cool for what she does but she really isnt spectacular compared to some of the other dancers in the series. Ninils has like cool status buffers and the herons can canto and make more people move.

7.5/10

I also really don't think that Tethys should be docked points for not having those dancing rings. It's not like she can't use them, they don't exist at all.

I also really don't think that Tethys should be docked points for not having those dancing rings. It's not like she can't use them, they don't exist at all.

They do. You just gotta hack. *docks points from Tethys and all other refresh units because they lack rings* :smug:

Edited by Blood-Stained-Rose

I suppose it is representative of people's view though. It's not like we could do "Rate the Unit in LTC" and "Rate the Unit in Casual".

Well... we could, but the latter would be a mess, and the former would have a lot of bitching.

The fact that there would ever be such a distinction is bullshit to begin with.

Tethys is a dancer. She is THE only dancer in FE8. That is auto-win. Sure, she has poor move and durability, so that's a bit of a negative, but I think her unique utility more than makes up for those drawbacks. She shouldn't be getting attacked in the first place. She should at least have enough speed and dodge to -- you know -- avoid things, and rescue-drop by mounts is a good way to get her ahead, or giving her boots. Honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal about Tethys not having the Ninian-style rings is. The only time I ever use those rings in FE7 is on the dragon, and usually just Filla's Might so that non-Eliwood and non-Hector people can damage the dragon.

9/10, because I do think her naturally low move and poor durability does hamper her placement. She ... kind of died easily in my draft a lot. X_x

Yeah, Ninian style rings suck.

The best use of them is for EXP for your dancers, which is useless in most circumstances because dancers don't need that much EXP

You're not ORKOing Kenneth short of Filla's Might and/or a crit.

Anyway. . .

It's a good thing there's no really cold locations in Magvel, or Tethys and her get-up would be in trouble. I prefer the elegant look over the skimpy one, and I like Ninian's Ice affinity over Tethys' Fire one (when is she ever gonna use that extra damage and crit?) Rescue-dropping shenanigans can keep her close enough to units that matter, and with a Barrier, she can be used to dodgetank Shadowshots.

8/10

Tethys always fits perfect for any team efficiently or inefficiently, it doesn't matter if rings weren't added to FE8's story game there are enough killing machines that kill everything on sight. She's perfect for any strategy and is the only dancer in the game I give her a 10/10.

Also Gerik is so overrated. :angry: poor Nessy.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia