Rate the Unit, Day 23: Marisa

Let's see, bad availability, durability, bases, swordlock and even recruitment! Not to mention that low Strength growth on top of the swordlock. Honestly, I'd rather even use Amelia over her, and that's saying something! That Shamshir and Elixir are the only reason I ever bother recruiting her.

1/10

0.5 / 10

Negative utility in that she needs to be recruited and doesn't bring anything to your team, but she's better than Amelia.

I really like her, but no bias today.

Her only good source of damage early on are crits with killing edge/shamshir which could be used by other more capable units in your army, Low defense and resistance growths makes it so that she has to dodge to survive most attacks or end up dying.

2/10

Worst unit in the game

:unsure:

I dunno if i'd go that far....

Lets talk about Marisa shall we?

Pros:

Shamshir.

Ummm...has decent speed even at base.

She's pretty.

Is OK as a Swordie

Supports with some cool folks.

Cons:

Bad base level for joining time.

Sword lock OF DOOM.

When leveled, is inferior to Joshua (in all the ways).

Shes so not getting that Hero Crest. Too many better units want that.

Sucks as Assassin.

Strength growth is total lol.

Ewan has one on her that hes actually not TERRIBLE in Creature Campaign. Marisa doesnt do well there. She doesnt do well in the main game either. Poor Marisa. Her supports are pretty great though (and kinda hilarious). But really...shes just not good. Ive seen a lot of people throw adoring love at Marisa and i never got why. I mean yeah, shes nice to look at but really...

3/10. I personally think shes a little easier to train than Neimi or Ewan (or even Knoll) but shes a pain in the fanny to get anywhere.

Neimi is so underrated qq I don't approve Marisa scoring higher than Neimi. I played an FE8 Eph route HM draft once with the team of: Eirika, Ephraim, Tethys, Vanessa, Cormag, Syrene, Neimi, Saleh, Knoll, and Marisa and I finished with a total turn count of 176 ^^' <- is seems like a decent turn count for my team ^^.

I could safely say Marisa was the worst of my team, I simply trained her to have her do something. She's fragile and depends on someone to keep an eye on her just in case, depends on crits for killing or have someone weaken enemies for her. She never grew her rank the most she hit was B rank and I was giving her good swords too.

Neimi starts off pretty bad but she never has to face an enemy face-to-face so she's easier to baby and once she hits promotion she gains a horse and swords too, I can't remember when I promoted Neimi but it was before Marisa joined. She also had a nice S Bow rank to deal greater damage while Marisa was stuck on B swords at the final chapters.

Idk why i'm comparing them ;w; its just unfair to me Marisa ranked higher than Neimi.

I give Marisa a 2/10 if she had higher bases to ORKO an enemy and decent durability she might be worth the shot but she has frail durability and on top of that she has bad weapon rank so she depends on crits a lot, and she joins too late for her bases.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Q_E, you forget that Neimi has to compete with Eiri, Franz, Garcia, Vanessa, and so on.

Oh and Seth too even if he's "banned" from drafts because people are too wimpy to use the majesty that is Seth. :smug:

Q_E, you forget that Neimi has to compete with Eiri, Franz, Garcia, Vanessa, and so on.

Oh and Seth too even if he's "banned" from drafts because people are too wimpy to use the majesty that is Seth. :smug:

What is Ein smoking?

oh, and at least Neimi has earlygame chip and Orion Bolt Monopoly.

Amelia gets pony

Ewan has better chip and gets pony.

Knoll has chip/staves/summons

Myyrh has nuke potential

What is Ein smoking?

oh, and at least Neimi has earlygame chip and Orion Bolt Monopoly.

Amelia gets pony

Ewan has better chip and gets pony.

Knoll has chip/staves/summons

Myyrh has nuke potential

Oh nothing. Just taking anti-depressants and junk. Also I was holding a knife against my neck a few days ago but that's probably not important. :smug:

Any who.

Neimiis an lolcher and a stupid kid so fuck her.

lol Amelia and Ewan since they're stupid kids so fuck them.

Myyrh fucks shit up no matter what.

:Knoll: is awesome. :Knoll:

0.5 / 10

Negative utility in that she needs to be recruited and doesn't bring anything to your team, but she's better than Amelia.

why is recruiting her difficult on either route

seriously

1/10

bad

Yeah, but she's supposed to be a badass swords(wo)man, not some wimpy Myrmidon who makes Eirika look like Sigurd. Like the only unit she can threaten is Ewan who's somehow worse than her but w/potential, and I'd like it if she actually had a chance of killing Gerik rather than the other way around.

I pick who I want to give resources to, if Neimi and Marisa are in my team I know Neimi would contribute a lot more than Marisa could especially if I promote her to ranger. Regardless of the babysitting both need. If I'm playing Maximum LTC Neimi would still contribute a lot more than Marisa, due to early game chipping ^^'.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Ah, Marisa. You could use offense, and your affinity is Ice. You are tiny, have questionable base stats, bad weapon lock, and are competing with Joshua, Gerik, Garcia, and maybe Ross for the same promotion item. At least you come with a nice sword?

1.5/10, because Gilliam can take hits in earlygame.

She'll get a 2 from me. Tallying.

Now, two things:

@this guy:

1/10. I never saw the point.

Eirika is a Lord Myrmidon, Joshua is an earlier gained Myrmidon. she will always be locked to swords. and will be worse than other sword locked units.

She has the tower. But even then why waste the time when Joshua is easier to train and Eirika promotes as part of the plot?

I let this slide because it's within parameters and because I don't recall you voting before, but please don't do it again. I would seriously rather have no justification than justification that consists only of "she's not x or y".

Secondly, @Ein: If you're going to continue to post in these threads, I'm going to insist that you cut off the sarcasm. You're not being funny and you're just making my job tallying harder.

(read: if I see you mention Seth again I'm going to stop counting your votes out of spite)