Pokemon Black Version 2 and White Version 2

Ragnell

Yep, it was just confirmed that we don't get a third title for fifth generation... we get two. Black 2 and White 2 are slated for release this June, and feature, as expected, the very strange Kyurem, made stranger by the fact that it now has multiple forms based off of Reshiram and Zekrom. Have to admit, the fact that it only has one full wing makes way more sense now.

The games will be released on, wait for it, the Nintendo DS. Yes, you read that right. There was no 3 in there.

[spoiler=Promo Image]tvjY6.jpg

Edited by Ragnell

This seems... interesting. It really will not affect me either way as I probably will not be able to get either one. But it is nice to see that they are switching up the formula a little bit. Even if it is just to troll those of us who spent the last two years going "Dur, there's going to be a Pokemon Grey. I the smartest person ever." Because I sure did that. Minus the "Durr" and smart aleck brag at the end.

My first impression was: "Meh, it'll just be the same as the originals but with some small change."

But then I saw the Extended Unova Map and I was convinced. The only thing I really am asking for is: MAKE THE FIRST POKEMON FOLLOW YOU LIKE IN HG/SS GOD DAMMIT

My first impression was: "Meh, it'll just be the same as the originals but with some small change."

But then I saw the Extended Unova Map and I was convinced. The only thing I really am asking for is: MAKE THE FIRST POKEMON FOLLOW YOU LIKE IN HG/SS GOD DAMMIT

Don't jump on that map so fast, I'm fairly sure it's fake.

Still, I assume if they're making another game and they have the gall to call it 2, rather than just an update, they'll add areas, if not a totally new story.

Edited by Ragnell

[03:44:03 PM] BRShooter http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

[03:44:26 PM] BRShooter sweet

[03:45:34 PM] Paperblade I love the difference between your reaction and Smogon

[03:45:44 PM] BRShooter uh what was Smogon's reaction

[03:45:58 PM] Paperblade "THEY SPLICED THE LEGENDARIES AHAHA THIS IS AWFUL"

Anyway, hoping for the VS Seeker to return. And I can't wait, I guess? Depends on how much money I have to bust.

Well, that's... not what I expected at all. It's pretty exciting though. Also, it seems gamefreak has discovered another way to make people spend more money on pokemon.

Edited by Stark

People have speculated the ruby and sapphire in the logos indicate Hoenn. Thoughts?

I'd actually buy them (if I could get the money) if it was a new region and Hoenn.

I would only go if Hoenn got a proper update, cause no way in hell would I be excited to go back to that backwoods craphole.

If they put Hoenn inside the games too it'll be crazy awesome, but a tad early. I wouldn't say no to Red/Blue with the 4th gen mechanics either.

While I would like another iteration of gen 1 JUST for gen 4 mechanics, am I the only one that just hates Hoenn?

I wish they would have specified what they mean by 2. Does 2 mean a full sequel or just a typical third-game update? If this is a sequel, it's a day 1 buy for me for sure. I can't imagine what sort of shenanigans GF could cook up if they were to reuse a region for once. The new Kyurem forms look great, and the storyline in BW was actually intriguing enough that I would like to see a continuation. If it's just an update... eh. I might get one if nothing else is coming out that looks interesting. This is a pretty stupid cash grab if it's just an update, though. I cannot justify buying two versions of an updated version of a game I already have. That's just dumb.

I would rather know what these games are than learn what Kyurem's form names are (which is being broadcast next week).

Seeing the topic title, I thought this was jsut some hoax, or some person's B/W hack or something. This is a nice surprise.

However, I do hope that the game will be a genuine sequel to B/W, considering it's numbered '2' and all. If it's just some update with some extra bits like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum have been, then I won't be happy.

But I'll probably still get it either way, and will probably still be happy with it even if it is just some meh update designed to milk more money from me. I'll be getting Black 2 since I started with Black 1.