Rate the Unit, Day 29: Rennac

As for me, I don't think Rouge is that good of a class and I don't think its worth making Colm one when you can make him combat worthy instead. I'll take the prepromoted Rouge for free. Even if Rennac came earlier as a thief and I had an Oceal Seal handy, I wouldn't make him a Rouge since its not worth a promotion item

I think that way as well, only I consider the Assassin class inferior instead. Also, to put Colm's skill problem into perspective, 15/1 Colm has only 9 skill as an Assassin. That's... rather pitiful for a class that relies on Silencer. With regard to Rennac, I just consider 39 base avoid (assuming Rennac isn't weighed down) rather unimpressive for a thief-type character at that point in the game.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Bad at combat, but an excellent utility unit, coming just in time for desert treasure. He's got about as good defenses as one could hope from a thief and he does well in CC because his somewhat mediocre res makes him good for dodging Stone, which is just about the only combat he should be seeing in Lagdou, ever.

7/10

(Yes, I know that availability isn't a factor in these Rate-the-Unit threads, but that doesn't mean that Cormag is better.

Um, yes it is. I quite deliberately removed that rule when I took over.

I tried to bring Cormag's score down, but you guys with the RNG luck said otherwise. PFFFT!

Rennac's offense isn't the greatest, but his combat is much improved with a Killing Edge. I've never found his Luck to be a problem, and he's got freakishly high RES, relatively speaking. I might field him in Chapter 18 Just Because I Hate Traps.

5.5/10

I tried to bring Cormag's score down, but you guys with the RNG luck said otherwise. PFFFT!

Rennac's offense isn't the greatest, but his combat is much improved with a Killing Edge. I've never found his Luck to be a problem, and he's got freakishly high RES, relatively speaking. I might field him in Chapter 18 Just Because I Hate Traps.

5.5/10

Well, getting fried never feels good... But getting petrified on a flame tile? That HAS to suck. So I suppose you have a point there.

The number of people who voted higher for Cormag than Vanessa say otherwise. : |

But whatever, this is off-topic so I'll stop.

Not off-topic. Integrity complained about Vanessa < Cormag in the first post. In my opinion, that makes talking about the two of them fair game for this topic.

5.5/10

Wasn't made aware of the "from a whole game perspective" thing so I overrated him to counterbalance your underrating him. What an unfortunate coincidence.

Oh Rennac. That guy who keeps running away from L'Arachel only to fail. Miserably.

Pros:

Prepromote.

Thief utility.

Comes with that sweet, sweet Member Card.

Cons:

God help you if he ends up facing any combat.

Can cost a pantload to recruit. Even when you go the freebie route, it can be tough. (Ephraim's route especially.)

Bases kinda smell.

This guy really sucks at anything other than thieving. (Whereas Colm can hold his own a bit as a Rogue) So really, this guy shouldnt be fighting anything. Thats not hard to accomplish. He nicks stuff and thats what he does best. 6/10 for his utility. Cuz i really like thief utility. 4/10 bias rating because i dont care for him.

Ugh, Rennac. Comes in way too late to be of much use. Doesn't help that he's a level 1 promote when everyone else you've been using should be much better than him. Can't dodge to save his life. Can't fight to save his life. By the time you get him Colm should be a much better Rogue. But, Colm aside, I'll give Rennac a 4/10, only because he doesn't need a lockpick and is helpful for unlocking those chests when you just don't have enough chest keys, saving you valuable space in your inventory and convoy.

He's really not spectacular especially if Colm's promoted to Rogue. He costs money unless L'Arachel decided to go front lines, which is suicide. The Member Card's nice for more Physics to spam. His combat doesn't suck, at the worst.

5.25/10

It's possible to keep L'Arachel out of danger and recruit him on both routes. . .it's much easier to do this in Jehanna, though. In Grado, he makes a nice Berserk magnet (since I have everyone relevant under the influence of Pure Water/Barrier).