Thoughts, Comments and Speculations

Ok so in FE Awakening there have been some speculations running around, well I'm mainly addressing the one here in Serenes, but go crazy. :awesome:

One speculation being that the game might continue from the bad ending of FE3/12 which is why there is a masked *Marth*. Well I'll challenge this by saying

That Gharnef would probably kill Marth the moment he drops his guard. The whole different dimention I buy because then it would clear up where Nagi got the other Falchion. Still speculation. Also My Unit for me is a big bridge since both games had MU and if Marth is comming back then maybe the same MU will be back.

Edited by JosefLior

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Gharnef really holds any power during the events of FE3/12. He's pretty much dead and works behind the scene with the help of his Dark Bishops and the Assassins.

I honestly don't think FE12's MU and FE13's are the same--they look completely different and have different classes. I don't really believe this, but even FE7's Tactician is a likelier match IMO.

Part of me thinks Masked isn't Marth, but Marth's heir. It- there's a lot more hip-waist going on with Masked than Marth is ever given, even cases where he's drawn with as much feminine aesthetic as they can muster.

Masked has an overall look designed to suggest Marth, but only the hair, crown, and cloakpin are exact matches for Marth's previous appearances. There's a lot of detail on Masked that would only be used designing a female character.

Not sure how it ties in with story, but that's my view on what I see in the artwork.

Edited by Rakath

Okay I'm not doing spoilers because if you're entering a thread about speculation on an upcoming game you ought to be prepared for spoilers. :\

I'm thinking that maybe Masked Marth is similar to Roro; something Gharnef or whoever summoned up to do his bidding. I'm leaning more and more towards the doppelganger theory, as there are a couple of marked differences between Marth and Masked Marth's costumes. Masked Marth, for instance, has a different-shaped brooch. Not to mention how feminine he looks.

Then again, that portal we saw in the trailer really seems to lend itself to the whole "mixing dimensions" theory, especially since we have a character who oversees this gate who has an ambiguous I through X on her clothes (10 being the number of original FEs before this one). Maybe it's an alternate universe Marth?

I agree that the masked character could very well be a girl, which would lead me to guess it's a descendant of Marth's. I don't think they have sex-changes in the FE universe. :P

Anyway, the high boots/tights into the short, tight semi-dress thingy style that the masked character is rocking reminds a lot of what basically all the Pegasus knights wear throughout the FE games. While the older games have a bit different style where the boots ride high like tights, but in the newer games the style has switched to match more closely with the masked character's style. So this is a pretty far leap with not a lot of basis, that's what speculation is, but maybe the character had a mother that was a Pegasus knight. Although, Shiida's style in FE 11-12 is quite different from previous Pegasus knight style too, so I'm probably over-analyzing things, but the crazy possibility is out there even if its not very likely. Which I don't think it is at this point because of lack of evidence. Fortunately, we can learn more in the months to come if we so please.

Sidenote-Oh yeah, that means Marth got some!

Okay, this is kind of crazy, but I'm starting to think that this game could take place in an alternate universe where FE3/12 never happened and Marth married Nyna at the end of FE1/11. Thus the Kingdom of Archanea (known as Iris in this universe) doesn't become an empire or a united nation and remains a holy kingdom.

All this just to explain why Liz has blonde hair.

Edited by VincentASM

Okay, this is kind of crazy, but I'm starting to think that this game could take place in an alternate universe where FE3/12 never happened and Marth married Nyna at the end of FE1/11. Thus the Kingdom of Archanea (known as Iris in this universe) doesn't become an empire or a united nation and remains a holy kingdom.

All this just to explain why Liz has blonde hair.

Wow Vincent I'm sold!! this sounds as Japanese as it can get...(well Zelda has a more complicated timeline so it's not new to Nintendo) but for me I think here they are pulling a (Black and White) where both heroes come from alternate universe of each other ,e.g : The Marth look alike = Mirror Image of Krom....which mean it will be the opposite of Krom which makes it a female and fight for the dark dragon instead of the white dragon and essentially both dragons are the same....it's just a mirror image theory of mine...

Yay no spioler tags! I haven't been here for a while so it took me forever to find the spoilers.

Anyway on the whole Gahrnef made a clone like Roro, maybe he killed Marth and pulled a Manfloy/Veld where they made the 12 Warlord out of other characters like Leidrick, and others etc, also Nergal with the morphs. Masked Marth does look like he is missing some sunlight compared to Krom. Its not the first time FE did something like that lets also not forget Holsety's thing. Ooh Vincent I really liked that Marth x Nyna theory cause that could really make a lot of sense! I wonder though about the undead enemy if this would try to tie the story a bit to FE2/FE8. Maybe we'll see the desendants of others we know and love like the Pegasus Sister.

Edited by JosefLior

The Universe is using the same rules as 1-3, 11-12. We've seen an Earth Dragon, the similar Fire Emblems, and the Falchions.

If you look at the Shiida art from 11, and the Marth art from 12, there are some similarities between the two with Masked Character's outfit. I don't think this means anything but they tried to make a female version of Marth's attire. If this means a destined hero unrelated role, or they are the lost heir to the kingdom... can't tell.

I'm hoping they don't go for overly complicated timelines on this one, but I'm not ruling it out. It's possible Krom and his sister are the heir of a different kingdom, with Masked being Marth's heir. There could be alternate realities, we could play use of Nagi's reality to explain where Masked came from... Guess we'll know more in a month and a half.

Or it could possibly be that some Villain that did alternating the timeline and I see on Emerina's clothing in the game and the trailer that have (V, X, and I) that looks alot like a Roman Numeral Numbers (V-XI-X) and I think that it have something to do with time. (But thats my guess)

Edited by King Marth 64

so the new Marth is a girl?

Hard to say. It's either an incarnation or a descendant; if it's an incarnation, then probably not, but if it's a descendant who happens to be a lookalike, then it's possible, although I would still say the odds are against it.

As for the timeline concerns, that seems unlikely unless there's a basis for them in FE1/3, and I don't remember anything of the sort. The game wouldn't follow a story that contradicts the only relevant story we've seen, at least not without a damn good reason.

Edited by Othin

Another theory = It's just the re telling of the first Fire Emblem game with that they cut the roots to the director of the first game..

That... doesn't sound remotely plausible.

I think this masked guy is secretly Marth turned into a female vampire who sparkles in the sunlight and he is the final boss whose special weapon is pimp slapping all those hos in Krom's army. Except it's not really Marth but Captain Falcon disguised as Marth to discredit him.

See, I can make equally crazy theories up like the rest of you.

Edited by Dark Sage

While I personally don't buy into the whole MARTH ES A GURL I think if that we so the most plausible theory is that Masked Marth is Caeda. Same boots and hair color.

Any descendant of Marth is also a descendant of Caeda. So if Masked Marth is a descendant, all that would make sense whether the character is male or female.

Regardless, even if it's a descendant, the only way it would even be a possibility for the character to be female, I'd still be highly confident that it's male. Krom is muscley and manly; Masked Marth is another important character but also related to Krom, so he's changed in the opposite direction for more contrast. That's likely the only reason for anything anyone is perceiving as feminine.

Edited by Othin

Here is some new official artwork I found of "Masked Marth" while searching through some Japanese sites.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBaHmPPPfl7ny0PqkBWuvSKV0A1Fre9uT8tCa2EpD2rMkhZPkcew

Masked Marth is definitely looking very feminine. I definitely would not be surprised if this character is female. I think for now we should call this character Martha.

Edited by Alvis

Don't go all Pirates of the Caribbean on me now, guys (you know, where that woman dresses like Jack Sparrow at the beginning of At Stranger Tides? No?).

I'm sticking to the theory this 'Marth' is an incarnation of him, hundreds of years in the future, and Krom's an ancestor of the original Marth.

"Marth's" hair is purple in that picture.

What exactly is there that makes people think this is not a new continent entirely? A person who resembles Marth with a mask and a portion of the map that sorta fits part of Archanea?

That's due to the lighting.

If you look closely, you can see that his cape turns from blue to purple in that area.

Edited by Marthur

What exactly is there that makes people think this is not a new continent entirely? A person who resembles Marth with a mask and a portion of the map that sorta fits part of Archanea?

What is there that makes you think that the character that looks exactly like Marth isn't Marth? Do you also think that Sirius and Camus are different characters?

Masked has an overall look designed to suggest Marth, but only the hair, crown, and cloakpin are exact matches for Marth's previous appearances.

And the cape, and the colour scheme, and the fact that he's wielding the Falchion.

There's a lot of detail on Masked that would only be used designing a female character.

Except for breasts.

nin07.jpg

Not sure how it ties in with story, but that's my view on what I see in the artwork.

And my view is that you need to get your eyesight check if you think that Masked Marth has breasts.

Edited by Anouleth

And my view is that you need to get your eyesight check if you think that Masked Marth has breasts.

Really? Women with small breasts exist. "Marth" could be a flat-chested woman, or she could be binding her breasts.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being Marth, but come on, that's a ridiculous argument.