GREETINGS, HUMAN

Kirie

To those who know me from FEU/SoS: Hey, it's Kirie.

To those who don't know me from anywhere else: Hey, it's Kirie. I've been around the FE community of FEU/SoS for a while, even though I don't know shit about hacking and don't really care and I'm not even super into Fire Emblem anymore anyway. Though, I do still enjoy the series, and look forward to updates on new games and such, so I thought I'd chill out here for a bit.

In addition to FE, I'm super into Pokémon (TCG and video games) and Star Wars (movies and EU). I'm a 26 year-old female from the Chicago area, though I'll be moving to EUROPE sometime soon. In the meantime, I work a shitty retail job and spend my reading, playing KoL, and mucking about on various internets forums.

What are these drafts you speak of? I feel sad that I missed them now. :<

Also, mostly I just hung around FEU/SoS because I was friends with a lot of the people here. Even if they were all losers. WE WERE LOSERS TOGETHER. <3 So, yeah, I think I'll get along here just fine. I'm pretty easy-going.

i love your avatar, it's super cute. i just started to play pokemon yellow for the first time on an emulator. i was really surprised how different it was from the red / blue i played as a kid, but i was disappointed in pikachu not being OP like in the tv series =( i mean, everything else in it is practically from the tv series.

which country in europe are you planning to move to? italy is probably my favorite place to visit but the south of france is also really really nice if i considered moving.

welcome to SF ^_^

i love your avatar, it's super cute. i just started to play pokemon yellow for the first time on an emulator. i was really surprised how different it was from the red / blue i played as a kid, but i was disappointed in pikachu not being OP like in the tv series =( i mean, everything else in it is practically from the tv series.

which country in europe are you planning to move to? italy is probably my favorite place to visit but the south of france is also really really nice if i considered moving.

welcome to SF ^_^

She's going to the country of superior trade and slavery.

FEU became SOS and then everyone with any kind of power at SOS got lazy including me, so it's being disbanded. Nodo's going to make another forum, but it won't be about FE at all, so a lot of people are flocking here instead.

As for me, I'll be moving to The Netherlands! I'm super excited.

FEU became SOS and then everyone with any kind of power at SOS got lazy including me, so it's being disbanded.

It's not like I didn't see it coming.

You. NON-HUMAN. DO YOU REMEMBER ME!?

Oh. My. God. It's you. You're here now.

I haven't talked in a while, though you probably don't remember me from FEU/SoS (I wasn't around much after it became SoS). Anyways, welcome~

Your Avatar is absolutely adorable NewYearsEmoticon.gif .

Im sorry that your old Forum died emo13.gif .

I once worked as a retail guy too . It was pretty boring and repetitive (well i only was a mere Trainee for 2 Months...damn School Project noes.gif) .

You get sympathy from me !

You worked as a cashier i assume ?

I've been working in retail for over 6 years now. I still do. I started out part-time as a copy center worker (taking customer orders, running copy machines), then got promoted to be in charge of that department. Earlier this year, I made a job switch; same location, but I'm no longer working in the copy center. Instead, I am in charge of the store's inventory, and I'm also an acting MOD.

Oddly enough, aside from a few shifts covering for someone here and there, I've never worked solely as a cashier.

I don't really think working retail is necessarily a bad thing. I like my employer (Staples) and I really like the people I work with. I also find the work fascinating. Copy Center was really interesting to me when I started, but after 6 years of working there, it was getting stale. Now I'm doing something entirely different that I actually find even more interesting. Every day is a new challenge, and I'm never bored (though sometimes occasionally frustrated; mostly by shoplifters). I'm doing vital work to keep the store running, and it's something I"m good at, too.

I guess the whole point of this is that I think working retail gets a bad rap sometimes. We all complain about our jobs; almost everyone does (no matter what line of work you're in). There are always extremes (I could tell you some terrible stories). But I don't really think it's as terrible as it's sometimes made out to be. In the end, I'm glad I'm there, and I'll miss it when I move.