Young Members...

It's not you specifically that I blame for "our" team losing. It's both of us being on the same team. It just doesn't work really, neither of us care the slightest bit about being competitive in L4D2 so that's already 50% of a team playing without giving a shit. My only issue with you in L4D2 is your silly hatred of the Grenade Launcher which I WILL pick up each and every time I see it and attempt to kill you with it.

you're racist

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I do not believe that Camtech is 14 and ALS is 16 for a minute. I need some sort of proof, at least something more convincing than their profile pages and their own words, or else I'd have just PM'd them and asked them.

I suppose I could give you a picture but that's about as far as I'm going to go as far as "trying to prove my credibility"

not to mention that if you disbelieve me then all the people who criticize me for being too young can go fuck off

Cam also violated COPPA and apparently there was a huge fuss about it.

oh i remember that

ios made a ticket about it and everything and vince was just like "fuck off"

I violated COPPA too.

I'm 19 and I thought I was smart... then I met Camtech and ALS. I was a 4-AP student, graduated with a 4.0+ GPA, was in the top 15% of my high school class, and am an honors student. Nope. I'm beat.

Also, Lumi, I know your calculus pain. Multivariable Calculus actually is really easy...

I'm in college so yay?

I've been on the internet since I was 8. But that was in China.

But do you know my pain about how much I wanna fangirl over the beautifulness of Linear Differential Equations, but have nobody to talk to

Cam has the capabilities to do Calc, he just doesn't have a school that offers it :/

Calc is basically how I passed science class. I do everything 5x better when calculus is involved. Might've did terribly unacceptably bad in Physics weren't for those few calc problems to save my ass

For programming though you might want Linear Algebra. Dem Matrices.

You should take Cam under your wing and teach him all that you know about Calculus and girls.

Calc does make doing some science a lot simpler. Especially the really basic Physics, like when you're trying to find speed and acceleration and all that. Why take the area under the curve and all that when you can do derivatives or integrals?

I don't even know anything about people in my own gender haha only things I'd tell him is cramps are bad and if you piss us off on a crampy day prepared to get beaten up

I did tell Cam he can have all my notes when he takes Calc. They're public on my Googledocs anyway.

I dunno. People complain about calculus, though, I guess some people just have a harder time comprehending it, but I personally love it.

I'll be 23 in five months, and I'm actually in grad school. Not sure if that's "old" on SF, though.

Oh, linear algebra, how I despise you. I was in love with differential equations, though. My professor was awesome! (Of course, whether I like or dislike my classes is almost always dependent on how well my teacher/professor taught us.)

I'll be 23 in five months, and I'm actually in grad school. Not sure if that's "old" on SF, though.

Oh, linear algebra, how I despise you. I was in love with differential equations, though. My professor was awesome! (Of course, whether I like or dislike my classes is almost always dependent on how well my teacher/professor taught us.)

That may be more common than you think.

I'm fine with concrete linear algebra when I actually do the matrices and shit. That's not a problem. Bigger matrices are tedious as fuck, though. Conceptual stuff is more asdf and I'm easily better at Calc than LineAlg by a mile. Except Eigenvectors. I am pro at eigenvectors.

YESS MORE DIFF EQ LOVE

Though I must say

Linear Algebra works well in practices combined with Diff Eq when you're not worrying about bullshit like "oh is this thing a linear map and prove that it is a linear map"

Subjects I like remain constant. Classes I like is professor-dependent. I'll never like English as a subject bar Shakespeare (<3), but I've had enjoyable English classes because the teacher did a really good job of making it so.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm fine with concrete linear algebra when I actually do the matrices and shit. That's not a problem. Bigger matrices are tedious as fuck, though. Conceptual stuff is more asdf and I'm easily better at Calc than LineAlg by a mile. Except Eigenvectors. I am pro at eigenvectors.

YESS MORE DIFF EQ LOVE

Though I must say

Linear Algebra works well in practices combined with Diff Eq when you're not worrying about bullshit like "oh is this thing a linear map and prove that it is a linear map"

Well, I took linear algebra at my community college and before differential equations, while I took differential equations afterwards and at my grad school. Maybe that's why. We went over a little bit of LA at the end of DEq last semester, and I understood it a lot better then.

That may be more common than you think.

Yeah, I'm sure ... the way a professor teaches a material is so much more important than the subject itself.

Cam you should find a compsci class that teaches in Brainfuck

not that that even exists but eh

I took my Diff Eq class for the first time in senior year of HS but I forgot to pay my uni for the credits (it was a class they let my HS teach and student can opt for college credits. Upper-division class too, which is like 4 credits/semester so yay) so I'm taking the same class again. LineAlg part remains asdf because most of it was proving linear maps and a bunch of theorems and shit, and the Diff Eq part is just such a breeze. But it applies the linear algebra directly into Diff Eq, and in application it's super cool.

Just give me a compsci class where the language of choice isn't some stupidly annoying syntax (Perl >_>) and I'm happy

Introductory courses usually have you work with an easy to learn high-level language. I know a few schools around here have done it with Python, Java and C++.

Yeah, I'm sure ... the way a professor teaches a material is so much more important than the subject itself.

I would disagree with this regarding some majors. I wager that when I find a job in programming, I won't often see 70% of the stuff being taught in one of my current CompSci courses.

Edited by Sirius

Introductory courses usually have you work with an easy to learn high-level language. I know a few schools around here have done it with Python, Java and C++.

I think C#/++ are the two most common with Java at a close second (and Visual Basic.NET ranks around there too?).

but I find java (and any static-type language in general) irritating to use for big projects and I know Java and C/++ and Python already

I think C#/++ are the two most common with Java at a close second (and Visual Basic.NET ranks around there too?).

but I find java (and any static-type language in general) irritating to use for big projects and I know Java and C/++ and Python already

C# huh? I wish I had a course with it, would've been more interesting than just console applications in C++/Python

Down the road you might have a class that works with Functional Programming Languages such as Haskell, Scheme, Prolog. The teacher claims that these will change the way you program, Nintenlord said the same about his Haskell experience.

Edited by Sirius

I would disagree with this regarding some majors. I wager that when I find a job in programming, I won't often see 70% of the stuff being taught in one of my current CompSci courses.

Well, that is true. I guess I was talking about stuff like history and math and English. I hated history until I took it in 7th and 8th grade, and I loved it in 10th and 11th grade. Because the teachers who were teaching it were awesome.

Like I said on skype the other day, Cam, just go straight into ASM class or something. I've sent you source code from my classes so you've seen how intro-level college programming is like, and it's a goddamn honors class, too. The nonhonors one is a joke.

At my school in order to officially be a CS major you have to pass two Java classes (and some other bs classes like Communications, Intro to Stats, and this other math class). First Java class was a joke, but the prof couldn't teach at all and had a really thick Colombian accent so no one understood her. Anyone without prior programming knowledge was kinda screwed over. I learned how to do everything from a friend of mine and the book. The second class is supposed to be really hard, but I think it's because of you have 50 hour projects every week and not necessarily the course material. I wouldn't know just yet because I still have to take it. I'm such a n00b compared to most of the people here haha.

I don't have any pre-college programming experience either so I'm in the same boat

In HS I was a web layout designer but that isn't programming

And I nearly went into art school at one point

I don't have any pre-college programming experience either so I'm in the same boat

In HS I was a web layout designer but that isn't programming

And I nearly went into art school at one point

Yeahhhh I'm not the only one! My parents forced the idea of being a doctor down my throat all my life so that's all I ever thought of becoming. Plus I've always been really in interested in people and psychology, so I did a bunch of social experiments with some friends in high school (and still now sometimes). So now I aspire to do something with computers but I have a lot of random knowledge about the human body, medicine, illnesses, and human behavior. Lol.

I envy people with artistic creativity. I'm not even super left-sided brain or anything, I just have no art skills probably why I can't sprite to save my life. Unless math is an art...I mean look at all the cool log functions and e in nature...

This got really off topic lol.