Another Pokemon Platinum Draft

Racer

I forgot about Togepi until this morning and I am disappointed in myself for not taking her.

In response to Venusaur, that was just a fortunate coincidence. I was not thinking that when I posted, but I like it now that you have pointed it out.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly surprised Kricketot, of all things, was a first round pick.

Well, I usually pick early -> mid -> late, and I've already used everything else early-game, so I figured wynaut? It should come in handy during Gardenia, that's for sure. I'm also trying to stay away from some of the popular choices and other things I've used, like Gardevoir/Gallade, Espeon/Umbreon (Flareon's the underdog, though), Meditite, Rhyhorn...

Oh yeah, and it gets X-Scissor naturally at Lv. 30, which is nice.

Well, I usually pick early -> mid -> late, and I've already used everything else early-game, so I figured wynaut? It should come in handy during Gardenia, that's for sure. I'm also trying to stay away from some of the popular choices and other things I've used, like Gardevoir/Gallade, Espeon/Umbreon (Flareon's the underdog, though), Meditite, Rhyhorn...

Oh yeah, and it gets X-Scissor naturally at Lv. 30, which is nice.

Hmmm. Well, the main worry I'd have is that unless you refrain from evolving Kricketot until it gets Bug Bite, you've only got weak attack moves until level 26...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Hmmm. Well, the main worry I'd have is that unless you refrain from evolving Kricketot until it gets Bug Bite, you've only got weak attack moves until level 26...

Well, Return is still an option, and ingame is just made for abusing Fury Cutter... I'll manage, hopefully.

Well, Return is still an option, and ingame is just made for abusing Fury Cutter... I'll manage, hopefully.

I've never actually used Fury Cutter. I guess I don't really know how to use it properly so I refrain from touching it.

I just pick pokemon I think are cool. Unfortunately, guys like Scyther and Houndour and Gible were already picked, buuuuut there's still a lot of choices left!

Well, I'll give you Return, but doesn't Fury Cutter's power reset if you choose another move?

Well, I'll give you Return, but doesn't Fury Cutter's power reset if you choose another move?

It does reset, but if I use Fury Cutter I'm probably not going to switch moves. Return would be for when I feel lazy and not in the cutting mood.

I was getting in the spirit of trolling! :awesome: (and besides, Mesprit is the troll of the three, so it's natural that it would troll you)

Oh god. The puns. Stop that.

(Also, I'm fairly sure it's the weakest of the three ingame. imo, anyway)

Oh god. The puns. Stop that.

(Also, I'm fairly sure it's the weakest of the three ingame. imo, anyway)

Come on, don't get so emotional over not getting Mespri-emot-smugissar.gif<- I am on the right

(Mesprit controls emotions, hence the joke)

I dunno, Uxie's got pretty bad attacking stats (its Attack is worse than Kricketune), but then again it has Yawn. Azelf is a bit more fragile than Mesprit, too.

Mesprit's kind of like the middle ground between the two, decent defenses (80/105/105 vs 75/130/130) and decent offense (105 vs 125), though it lacks Speed (80 vs 95/115), oddly enough. I'll just load it up with leftover TMs/tutors and fire away!

I guess if you can only get one, then this covers both ends, while you have more specialized pixies.

Also do note that Mesprit is the slowest of the trio, not exactly something you want to deal with. 80 base speed is... meh. It's definitely functional, but it's more a case of getting to do something before the opponent pretty much all the time.

Iunno, just my thoughts.