22.3 Famitsu Update

I would think it'd be easy to spot if it a lance like Arvilino said. I can't really infer much else that hasn't already been said about the Griffin's.

The Wyvern promotion should certainly be interesting if nothing else. It's really just a big question mark at this point.

Thinking of a class I didn't ponder upon,

Mage -> Sage/Mage Knight?

Seems likely with the way things have been going. I would make more guesses about other magic using classes, but with the way magic works being a big "?" for the now, I'll stop there. I'll say these Mage Knight will gain swords upon promotion.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see. They could make the Pegasus Knights promote to healer and mage classes, while Griffin Knights could promote to an archer class, perhaps being that elusive lance/bow class. Then Griffin Knights and Dracoknights could cover two weapon triangle perspectives with sword/lance and lance/axe, respectively, as has become traditional for different flying classes in recent games. Which just leaves the question of the alternate Dracoknight promotion, which is the same question I've had even before Griffin Knights were introduced. Maybe they won't be an issue at all?

A flying archer class? *dies*

I would think it'd be easy to spot if it a lance like Arvilino said. I can't really infer much else that hasn't already been said about the Griffin's.

The Wyvern promotion should certainly be interesting if nothing else. It's really just a big question mark at this point.

Thinking of a class I didn't ponder upon,

Mage -> Sage/Mage Knight?

Seems likely with the way things have been going. I would make more guesses about other magic using classes, but with the way magic works being a big "?" for the now, I'll stop there. I'll say these Mage Knight will gain swords upon promotion.

As I can see the Magic/Weapon triangle is full now

Strategist: Sword/Magic

Dark Pegasi: Lance/Magic

Battle Clerik/Monk : Axe/Staff

unless the mage knight is gonna wield Axe then we can exclude the Battle cleric...

BTW it seems there's a mercenary class what do you think the branched promotion will be ?

Do you think it's Gryphon Rider/Hero ?

Edited by Brave Lord

Mage and Troubadour each have two promotions. Certainly, Mages will have a Sage promotion and gain staffs, and Troubadour will have a promotion similar to FE6/7/8 Valkyrie and gain magic. Their other promotions, however, will almost certainly gain physical weapons: Mages will promote to FE4/5-style Mage Knight, probably gaining swords, while Troubadours will promote to a class like FE9/10-style Valkyrie and probably gain swords as well. As I theorized, this seems to be turning into an effort to get all reasonable two-weapon combinations, just as in FE11/12 with all physical weapon combinations. We're now seeing the melee weapons crossed with magic and staffs, but I don't think we'll see bows/magic or bows/staffs; that would just be weird.

So we'll probably have something like this:

Sword/Magic: Mage Knight

Lance/Magic: Dark Pegasus

Axe/Magic: ?

Sword/Staff: FE9/10 Valkyrie

Lance/Staff: Falcon Knight

Axe/Staff: Battle Cleric / Battle Monk

Strategist is likely being ignored as an MU-exclusive class that other characters can't swap into. I don't know what will wind up with Axe/Magic, but I'm guessing it'll be an alternate promotion for some Dark Mage class.

As for the Mercenary class, is there any evidence of that? I don't remember seeing anything other than the existence of the Hero promotion; Myrmidon could very well promote to that.

Edited by Othin

Weapons seem to have individual skins like in FE9/10, so I don't think we'll see a visual change like that, at least not in the battle sprites.

But yeah, unless Mages are the only (non-MU) Tier 1 magic class, which seems unlikely, we'll probably see some class along those lines, and that's pretty much an obligatory promotion. And if they are going for an axe/magic class, I think it's a safe bet that the Tier 1 will be the magic side.

Weapons seem to have individual skins like in FE9/10, so I don't think we'll see a visual change like that, at least not in the battle sprites.

But yeah, unless Mages are the only (non-MU) Tier 1 magic class, which seems unlikely, we'll probably see some class along those lines, and that's pretty much an obligatory promotion. And if they are going for an axe/magic class, I think it's a safe bet that the Tier 1 will be the magic side.

it seems that MU gets a nice head start on maxing out their weapon mastery, at least over other classes that have to wait til tier 2. Though I wonder how well we'll be able to use swords and spells.

Edited by StrategistPockystix

Hmm. I recall reading something about Horseman using swords/bows and Generals using lances/axes. Does anyone know the source for this? I want to look into it; it seems especially odd if lances and axes are supposed to be Generals' only weapons.

Mage and Troubadour each have two promotions. Certainly, Mages will have a Sage promotion and gain staffs, and Troubadour will have a promotion similar to FE6/7/8 Valkyrie and gain magic. Their other promotions, however, will almost certainly gain physical weapons: Mages will promote to FE4/5-style Mage Knight, probably gaining swords, while Troubadours will promote to a class like FE9/10-style Valkyrie and probably gain swords as well. As I theorized, this seems to be turning into an effort to get all reasonable two-weapon combinations, just as in FE11/12 with all physical weapon combinations. We're now seeing the melee weapons crossed with magic and staffs, but I don't think we'll see bows/magic or bows/staffs; that would just be weird.

So we'll probably have something like this:

Sword/Magic: Mage Knight

Lance/Magic: Dark Pegasus

Axe/Magic: ?

Sword/Staff: FE9/10 Valkyrie

Lance/Staff: Falcon Knight

Axe/Staff: Battle Cleric / Battle Monk

Strategist is likely being ignored as an MU-exclusive class that other characters can't swap into. I don't know what will wind up with Axe/Magic, but I'm guessing it'll be an alternate promotion for some Dark Mage class.

As for the Mercenary class, is there any evidence of that? I don't remember seeing anything other than the existence of the Hero promotion; Myrmidon could very well promote to that.

evidence...

identify the class Fredrick is killing ..... it's not a Myrmidon...

Looks like you're right.

Well, with the Horseman/Ranger class returning, I'm guessing we'll see pretty much the same promotion choices for the Archer/Mercenary/Fighter/Brigand family as in FE8, with maybe some changed names, and hopefully better abilities for Snipers. And Brigands in addition to or instead of Pirates, it seems.

Edited by Othin

evidence...

identify the class Fredrick is killing ..... it's not a Myrmidon...

Could be a Mrymidon. If I recall, the generic enemy portrait for the class looks similar enough to it:

013.png

Unless it's the portrait for Merc's instead. I can't tell until I see another Mrym though

Edited by Shun One

Hmm. I recall reading something about Horseman using swords/bows and Generals using lances/axes. Does anyone know the source for this? I want to look into it; it seems especially odd if lances and axes are supposed to be Generals' only weapons.

On the official site there is a screen of General Frederick(semi unique graphics) wielding an axe. But there is no info that Generals can only use Axes and Lances.

Could be a Mrymidon. If I recall, the generic enemy portrait for the class looks similar enough to it:

013.png

Unless it's the portrait for Merc's instead. I can't tell until I see another Mrym though

the guy frederick is killing is a mercenary cause myrmidons look exactly like ronku does except they wear red clothes instead of blue (and they have a different face)

the guy tiamo is about to fight is most likely a myrm solely based on the fact that he has a katana and i would expect a merc to have a broadsword or something

Edited by Velth

the guy frederick is killing is a mercenary cause myrmidons look exactly like ronku does except they wear red clothes instead of blue (and they have a different face)

the guy tiamo is about to fight is most likely a myrm solely based on the fact that he has a katana and i would expect a merc to have a broadsword or something

Gotcha. Hadn't seen any enemy Mrymidon's before. Thanks.

So... That Velvet chick is kind of the badass woman who isn't afraid to show off a little skin and is actually a killer rabbit of death right? Because she seems pretty badass and not afraid to show some skin which I'm liking. >_>

This new FE is turning out to be quite different from the latest installments which were all just polished versions of the previous game which seems to be the reason why the series became increasingly stale.

More variety is good. I just hope this supposed variety doesn't mean that certain classes or combinations are exceedingly overpowered then again this may not even be a factor depending on how the terrain of levels and enemy placements will affect how the player plays as well as other factors we are all aware of. >___>

At the bottom of the 2nd page of the latest Famitsu, there are class profiles for Archer, Bow Knight, Barbarian and General.

At the bottom of the 2nd page of the latest Famitsu, there are class profiles for Archer, Bow Knight, Barbarian and General.

Link? Whichever page that is, I can't see such a section on the pages initially linked here. Did you find larger versions somewhere?

Also, does the profile specifically indicate just lances and axes?

Link? Whichever page that is, I can't see such a section on the pages initially linked here. Did you find larger versions somewhere?

Also, does the profile specifically indicate just lances and axes?

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/img/220312B.jpg

Yes, it does. Armor Knights use lances, and the General description mentions Axes.