22.3 Famitsu Update

I just hope there turn out to be enough meaningful skills distributed well enough in varying ways between characters for it to be worth it.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you could remove skills and give them to other units, that would still be pretty interesting. Like, you might train a unit to a certain level so that they learn a good skill like Paragon and you can give it to another unit.

But it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to have both systems.

In that case, of course not. Was it any surprise in FE4 when you couldn't simply rip the Pursuit and Prayer skills out of Fin and glue them onto Cuan?

that would be so sweet. You could make kids with the perfect skill sets and growths

It would be unbelievably boring and destroy any merits of the generation system.

From what's known so far, I'm looking forward to the way skills work in this game. In Radiant Dawn, I just ripped the better skills and handed them to the few units I wanted to use, so it'll be interesting to see how it affects my unit choices in this game.

In other words, the boring parts.

SIREN: OPINION PRESENTED AS FACT DETECTED

Seriously, just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it bad. I'm willing to bet lots of people like RD's skill system.

That said, I'm liking the way the skill system in this is stacking up.

Because skills are unique to the characters and serves to differentiate them? That's why it's fun trying out different pairing combos to see the different results instead of just ripping skills off of x and pile them to the dad that gives the best stats.

Anyway I'm in favor of a mixture of RD and Judgral's skill styles. Characters have immovable personal skills, but then there would be addition skill manuals that can be moved around and take capacity. Dunno if that's gonna happen, but it allows a degree of flexibility while still giving characters a degree of uniqueness outside of just class and stats.

I dunno, for once I actually agree with Othin. The allocation of skills was a big part of the generation system.

I'm not saying I disagree; in fact, I agree. But he's saying it like it's a fact, which isn't true. I'm sure there are people who prefer RD's skill system to FE4/5's, TRS's, and BS's.

But Lumi, imagine Ayra/Lachke/Sigurd/Celice having pursuit, continue, astra, wrath, critical, prayer, and ambush, or whichever of those you could actually fit. You know you'd love it.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I'm not saying I disagree; in fact, I agree. But he's saying it like it's a fact, which isn't true. I'm sure there are people who prefer RD's skill system to FE4/5's, TRS's, and BS's.

But Lumi, imagine Ayra/Lachke/Sigurd/Celice having pursuit, continue, astra, wrath, critical, prayer, and ambush, or whichever of those you could actually fit. You know you'd love it.

You forgot Awareness, Charge, Big Shield, and Moonlight Sword.

Plus, who cares about critical? If this is Lumi she'll have a 50+ kill hero sword.

Awareness comes with Ayra anyway. MeteorMoonlight 100 kill Balmung Hero is all I want for her. Other character need to get some stuff too. I love Lakche, but she isn't the only character I like. Piling every skill on her and rendering most of the team shittier is kinda boring.

I care more about getting her 9 move (at the expense of Celice until promotion, sorry man, you're a cool bro but not Lakche) than a bajillion cool skills she doesn't even need anyway. Goddamn FE4 maps being so damn big.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

You forgot Awareness, Charge, Big Shield, and Moonlight Sword.

Meh. Random note, evidently the max number skills, just going off how much space there is, is 6.

Plus, who cares about critical? If this is Lumi she'll have a 50+ kill hero sword.

True, forgot about the bonus.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Completely unnecessary. I didn't even give Lakche the 100killHero once I gave her Balmung. Shanan took it to make up for his losses. :P

I try using most of the cast if possible, and making Lakche/Celice hog all the skills is gonna make that harder on me.

Edited by Luminescent Blade