22.3 Famitsu Update

High strength, high defense, lances and axes. (The magazine description only mentions they become able to wield axes, the screenshot says "axes in addition to lances".)

I see nothing odd here.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odd thing is that Great Knights, the other possible Knight promotion, use swords, lances, and axes, and have a horse. Generals seem to have slight advantages in most stats, but nothing that seems like it could possibly make up for the loss both of swords and 2 Move, if that's all there is to them.

Ever since FE1, the only real saving grace of generals has been tinking physical attacks. I don't see how they sucking is surprising at all.

Edited by TheEnd

Ever since FE1, the only real saving grace of generals has been tinking physical attacks. I don't see how they sucking is surprising at all.

What's new is that they have an alternate promotion with nearly the same tinking potential but with +2 Move and an extra weapon type.

Sucking is one thing. Being entirely outclassed by an option available to all the same characters is an entirely different matter.

What's new is that they have an alternate promotion with nearly the same tinking potential but with +2 Move and an extra weapon type.

Sucking is one thing. Being entirely outclassed by an option available to all the same characters is an entirely different matter.

I doubt Great Knight is going to have Defense Cry by itself.

Well, the relevance all depends on how Defense Cry will be implemented. It's a Mastery skill, which could either be a class feature like in FE10 or a bonus you can give to limited characters like in FE9. If the skills were being treated as the formewr, I would expect more mention of them in the class profiles. If it's the latter, which I understand as more likely, then the relevance is rather limited: it exists as an advantage only if you teach the character their Mastery skill, which may well not be the case.

Skills are obtained via level-up and kept even if an unit changes classes. However, there's a limit to how many skills a character can equip at a time.

Regardless, that's the info we have. And it's a tad too silly to discuss class balance without playing the damn game.

Eh, so many weapons makes them feel overdone. IMO. Makes promotion an actual choice instead of just picking the one that is obviously better.

Generals aren't going to outclass +2 Move Great Knights no matter what, so yeah, enough weapons would make it an actual choice. Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow might have been excessive, but Lance/Axe/Bow seems like it would have been more reasonable, giving them each a weapon type the other lacks, while Great Knights win in mobility and Generals win in other stats.

wait quick question, what's fredrick's class? great knight?

Yes.

If they actually were to take on the TRS/BS skill systems, I'd be all in support. But with this idiotic skill swapping appearing to give no benefit to leaving the skills on one character as opposed to others, just like in FE10, it still seems to fail to play the role it should in differentiating characters from one another.

Oh, okay. That's much much much better.

I have to say, this system sounds quite good in that case, although we'll have to see how it works out overall.