22.3 Famitsu Update

Herp, didn't really read through the list. Whatever AyraHolyn gives the twins is totally fine by me and I don't really want more than that, at any rate.

It'd take the fun out of figuring out and testing out various combinations.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you can't swap Skills between characters. Or at least, there's no info to suggest it.

I thought otherwise at first, but then the holes got filled in.

...In other words, same skill system as FE9?

^ If it's true, then if Pursuit is a DLC-only skill for Ayra, since you can't move/swap it to another character, do you think that it is a downer in case you want non-DLC chars to have the skill Pursuit?

Edited by shadowjam

I don't see why they'd have Pursuit back as a skill instead of just the +4spd doubling since that's what it essentially is

But Ayra should totally get the superior version of Astra aka Meteor aka 5 full attack hits that can stack with crit

fuck yes

And no because if I spent the money on Ayra I am going to use Ayra and like it

...In other words, same skill system as FE9?

I think each character gets a pool of skills that they gain as they level based on class or whatever, and then at any one time you can only have some of them equipped. More an FF (I haven't played any but I remember thing being a thing) or Tactics Ogre kind of system

I am guessing though, Vincent could clarify

What you want is pretty similar to Thracia's system in that case, with the addition of the level-up skills of course. I'm liking how this skill system appears to be shaping up.

Thracia's system + level-up skills + a lot of skills per character = TRS/BS system (best)

This plus the restrictions on activating only five skills per battle, which is interesting and is my basis for assuming that many characters will have a lot of skills.

Thracia's system + level-up skills + a lot of skills per character = TRS/BS system (best)

This plus the restrictions on activating only five skills per battle, which is interesting and is my basis for assuming that many characters will have a lot of skills.

I don't know. I didn't like some parts of Thracia's system or TRS's since it resulted in some amazing characters getting great growths, personal weapons and innate skills while still having as much access to the skill manuals as characters that came with no innate skills or in TRS getting them alot later on than some units earlier.

e.g. Vega in comparison to every other swordfighter in TRS is no contest in every possible way.

Edited by arvilino

I don't know. I didn't like some parts of Thracia's system or TRS's since it resulted in some amazing characters getting great growths, personal weapons and innate skills while still having as much access to the skill manuals as characters that came with no innate skills or in TRS getting them alot later on than some units earlier.

e.g. Vega in comparison to every other swordfighter in TRS is no contest in every possible way.

That's an issue of skewed implementation, not the system itself. The system doesn't entail heaping all the abilities it allows onto Vega; rather, it opens the possibility for the abilities to be better distributed so the other characters could stand out more. Problem is, FE5 and TRS just didn't do that.

BS demonstrates better implementation with the same system: every character has at least two skills, and almost every character can carve out some niche for themselves with their skills, personal weapons, or other abilities. It may or may not be relevant that skill manuals and skill houses are almost entirely absent in BS.

As for FE13, I get the impression that with the high volume of skills needed for the system of equipping five skills at a time to matter, we won't have to worry about the skill list being so thin like FE5's so as to let many characters fall behind in skills.

What are DLCs? I gather from context that they are characters from older games, but if anyone could clarify for me, that would be helpful.

Has the Europe release date been released yet? It'd be awesome if the date works out with my trip to Europe in the summer.

Did it say anywhere that it was free? All I've heard about was paid DLC. Someone who knows Japanese please clear this up.

Hey I'm totally cool if I can get Ayra free rather than pay

I'm as bankrupt as it is

Aren't the first few DLC things free?

For Japan for a month or so after release. In the Nintendo Direct video, it was mentioned in text somewhere that DLC offers like that haven't be decided yet. So we might not get the first set of DLC free like Japan.

Ok. Correct me if I'm wrong, but skills will work sort of like learning moves in Pokemon? You get more as you level up, but you can only have a certain number equipped? And the set of skills change based on what class the unit is, or is it based on individual units, or both?

The information we have is limited, but as far as we know...

Yep, characters learn Skills when they Level Up and they can also learn different Skills when they Level Up in a different class (whether it's in their promoted class or in a different non-promoted class). Characters can have 5 active Skills at once and if they have excess Skills, those count as inactive and are stored away in the character's Skill bank, which you can access outside of battle.

We don't know whether it's character, class or both that determines what Skills are learned. The media definitely mentions class being a factor though.

EDIT

Here we go:

>Skills

Learned by level up, they can strengthen surrounding allies, allow the use of special attacks, etc. The skills that can be learned vary according to the character's class. There's a limit to how many skills can be equipped during battle.

>Raising characters

- Unlimited battles at free map, unrelated to the main story

- Level goes back to 1 after class change, but learned skills are kept

- As the skills a character can learn vary depending on their class, class changing and leveling up multiple times allows higher stats and more skills at their disposal

Edited by VincentASM

Hmm. So it helps to differentiate classes, but not characters. Certainly adds more flavor to the class system, but it's not much good for differentiating characters with the same class, or with access to the same classes.

Sounds like there's a little character planning that's possible now, different builds, like we saw in FE4's skill-projection. Though part of me kinda wanted to see throwaway skills like Advance Wars - Dual Strike gave...