Lowen, what do you folks think of him?

MacLovin

Opinions on Lowen  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you

• 1 month later...

I had to put hate him, because I'm not neutral.

I would've put don't really like him.

I played using him on Eliwood's normal mode.

Never Again.

Solid bases, I'll give him that, and he can get a weapon triangle bonus to help make up for his skill, but strength growth? Speed growth? done.

I remember him on my first run through as slower than my slightly speed-blessed Sain and weaker than my slightly strength-screwed Kent

Attack problems in HNM are easy to fix.

ch 16 armoury has steel swords, and Lowen doesn't loose AS from them.

Speed problems in fe7, is a horrible argument-unless you're Dorcas/Barte.

Skill generally isn't a problem.

dorcas has no skill problems

**glares at 20/4 dorcas with 19skill yet 10 speed**

• 1 month later...

Lowen's a tank on horses with great defense. His problem? He has hair covering his eyes so he can't see very well... As a result he misses more often than any other character on your team and it gets frustrating.

I'm neutral on him, I don't have anything against the guy I mean his def is great his bases are good and his supports are hilarious, but I just prefer Kent or Sain when it comes to a cavalier in Blazing Sword

I like using him a lot for his awesome class and ability to not die, but sometimes I have to pretend Sain and Kent don't exist. His bases are good enough that his 30% str/spd is bearable, if lacking in breathing room for RNG screwage. A Lowen below average in both strength and speed is pretty miserable...

For some reason I prefer him over both Sain and Kent. Maybe it's the colors. The shades of his hair and armor are more appealing to me than the regular haired guys.

Then again, I'm not a fan of horse riding units anyway, for some reason, so none of them really get used by me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like Lowen. He's not the best unit, but he's fairly durable and usually turns out better than Kent for me... Of course, the fact that he certainly has the most unique color palette of the three doesn't hurt, either. I'd still take Sain if I had to pick just one Cavalier, though.

Ah, also, I forgot to mention the fact that I also like him as a character, although it's not a terribly strong liking. He seems like a good, honest guy who always tries his hardest, although I do kinda feel bad for him for having that inferiority complex of his.

Edited by Starlight36

I like him he is useful in drafts for ferrying hector leaving Marcus free to destroy, or he can also fight decently enough, with the right level ups in a hhm draft he can save Lyn and her people.

He's quite good. I like using him in EHM, he's a decent tank with solid stats... Of course Sain and Kent are better, but in my no-HHM-runs I like using other characters.

• 2 weeks later...