Lowen, what do you folks think of him?

MacLovin

Opinions on Lowen  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you

I was just curious as to how you folks thought of the 3rd wheel.

He does get fairly durable later on, has decent bases, is around forever, and has 10 con at base.

Also, a support list with several decent units and almost all of them coming early.

And then people bash him for not being like Sain/Kent.

But, he does help in the games hardest, and is the 3rd best earlygame unit-next to Marcus and Oswin.

And unlike Oswin, does not have move problems.

He can be around lvl 15ish by the first knight crest, and if this is non-LHM Kent/Sain, the Christmas Cavs will be at a lower level.

Decent bases but his bad growths for speed, strength and skill make him a bad paladin compared to Kent and Sain! Kent and Sain have their growths for those stats above 30%

I hated using him in the HNM SOYO Draft!dry.gif

Edited by *Narshen*

Attack problems in HNM are easy to fix.

ch 16 armoury has steel swords, and Lowen doesn't loose AS from them.

Speed problems in fe7, is a horrible argument-unless you're Dorcas/Barte.

Skill generally isn't a problem.

Lowen is a pretty cool guy, actually; he's somewhat of an Oswin on a horse (except with worse bases).

Unless you're playing for efficiency/ranks, Lowen's mediocre offense is easy to fix - supports. His affinity is fire, and he has several decent support partners with just as great affinities. His only problem is Spd, but it's not bad enough to seriously worry about - enemy AS in this game is ridiculously terribad for the most part.

I like using him, in any case, and he has yet to disappoint me.

I always really liked Lowen. Of the FE7 cavs he was my favorite from the moment I got him. His HP is stupidly high for his class and his defenses get big fast. Offensively he doesn't hit as hard as Sain or dodge as well as Kent, but he can take loads of punishment and against any non-boss he can handily dish it back out. I usually use him to jump into a crowd with one important target to kill (someone with a Berserk staff, for example), which he can do more reliably IMO than the other cavs because he'll survive the charge and still get the job done. I admit that I'm biased towards the Fire affinity in FE7, but shut up don't judge me i regret nothing

Oh, and he can do everything he does without eyes. That takes dedication.

He's not horrible, he just doesn't have very much amazing about him other than his defense. He might get a few levels on Kent and Sain but they'll end up better. That extra con doesn't really matter too much when he's a few speed points behind. Still, I guess you could do worse!

Bases are pretty good, but he suffers due to bad offensive growths. He does help out a lot in the earlygame, but I don't know about long-term use; he is (mostly) reliable in being a mounted tank though, so there's one thing going for him later.

His bases are good. He's a tanky cavalier. But his 30% growths in strength, skill, AND speed make me not want to use him long-term. I can only handle one 30% growth in a key area, NOT two. (Skill barely matters, as long as you're not Dart.) 30% strength growth alone, I can overlook that and give you a chance. Like I do with Guy every time I'm not doing a draft. 30% speed is a bit iffy, but if you have good strength (or hit res decently), I can overlook that too. Lowen, on the other hand, has 30% growths in strength AND speed (and skill). His bases are great for his level, but bases can only get you so far ... especially if you're a level 2 cavalier. And unlike the Tellius series, you can't even BEXP abuse to make sure he stays on par with his averages. So unless I get stuck with him, no way.

He's a decent enough unit, but can't really compete with the Caelin cavs unless you're skipping Lyn's mode. He's a more reliable point than either of them, though.

He has decent bases but mediocre offensive growths. He has a good chance to be used if you're playing HHM and don't promote one of the Caelin cavs in LHM, simply because 1) Cavs are one of the few classes that don't diminish greatly in usefulness if you spam them and 2) His defensive growths are good.

I'm overall neutral towards him, though.

He can't compare to KentSain if you go through LHM, but if you don't, then he'd likely have a level advantage. His offensive growth might not be great but he is pretty tank, and an 8 move tank is pretty nice.

I don't use him much though. Knight Crests are in pretty big demand and I spend too much of my LHM time training Lucius so no LHM Sainadin, but he's high enough leveled anyway to outclass Lowen on join. But his support with Marcus is pretty amusing so I don't dislike him.

Is a Paladin...

Hence is auto-like.

Anyways, I like him personality-wise; and the fact that he cooks even adds up more points.

Oh Lowen; where's the rib-eye steak I wanted to try?

Hmm, I guess in HHM, his main use is earlygame.

EHM and HNM are a bit more forgiving, and EHM allows him to get a steel sword right off the bat, from Marcus. So EHM Lowen is kinda good.

Hnm is the same as EHM lowen w/o the early steel sword for 2HKOing enemies.

As for HHM Lowen....competition issues are fierce and he's the 3rd wheel.

I guess when he's free, or when we have enough slots to deploy him, he's alright.

I'm so dondon bait, aren't I?

Hate him. His growth suck. His hair sucks. Everything about him irks me.

holy shit, do you know good hair when you see it? do you know good hair? no, sir (or ma'am), i think you don't. i am pretty much an expert on good hair, and i can one-hundred-fifty-seven percent guarantee you that his hair is indeed great. thank you sir for your time and i bid thee farewell.

Lowen can make a pretty solid cavalier. It's just that the other two cavaliers obliterate his offensive statistics. He can take on the scrubs, but eventually his growths catch up to him. Still, WTC and his defense make him okay. He just won't do shit in the last chapter.

Which is sad, because I really like Lowen. He's like the unsung hero. The dude that just does what he's told, and has a unique niche that I appreciate; heck, he's too cool to even show his eyes. Plus he was +6 on his speed average and with S Axes in one of my HHM Draft runs.

EDIT: True to his niche, I am not surprised that the "Neutral" category is winning right now.

Edited by chococoke

holy shit, do you know good hair when you see it? do you know good hair? no, sir (or ma'am), i think you don't. i am pretty much an expert on good hair, and i can one-hundred-fifty-seven percent guarantee you that his hair is indeed great. thank you sir for your time and i bid thee farewell.

I think i found my new favorite newbie here.

Lowen....i dig Lowen. My last Lowen was kinda fucking blessed. He got srs win in every stat. The only stat that was not so win was speed but it was still not bad. (which is weird because hes usually speedier than that.) He had 17 strength at 20/7. Not bad. Since i usually promote at 20, that was like, way above average for my Lowens. Plus he was tanking so hard at 18 defense. I was like "wtf!" (This was the same run i got the godliest Sain ive even seen. Holy freaking crap. Id post a screen but its on my cart.. The RNG so loved me this time. My Fiora...omg.....)

So yeah, im down with Lowen. Due to that RNG blessed run, someone had to get janked up and that was Kent. He got the FUCK YOU from the RNG and all the love went to Sain. But i planned on using two cav/pallies that run (who werent Marcus or Isadora). Lowen won out.

Usually he turns out decent anyway. Yeah Lowen is cool and i love his hair so goddamn much.