So... here's the problem.

Life

I wouldn't hit a girl, but I'd restrain the fuck out of them because otherwise I'd probably end up putting them in hospital.

Myself and my friends play an interesting game when we are out, called "Tell Her".

The rules are, whenever there is beer in hand or on table, if you make a remark to your friends about a girl (or guy if you bend that way) you see in the place you are at, and don't say "safety" at the end of your sentence, a friend has the right to say "tell her". Then you must man the fuck up, go up to the girl you was talking about, and tell her what you just said to your mates.

I've had friends who have gotten off with girls as a result of this game. It's a bit hit n miss. But still fun regardless.

Avoid playing this game with timid, afraid of the opposite sex friends because they make it stale. My housemate is one of the saddest excuses of man I know. He doesn't look bad and could easily pull a girl, but he's such a fucking pussy and won't do anything when it comes to the opposite sex. He also outright denies being gay. He's all bark and no bite, so to speak. Pisses me off, and he knows it. I've even tried to help him get a girlfriend, but he just won't go the extra mile necessary. Maybe that's what you get being an only child of parents who are old enough to be your grandparents.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm super careful as fuck because I have a girlfriend. If I do say something out of admiration, I always remember the safety rule.

As for funniest reaction, well let's just say that it involved a small handbag to a friend's face. Because he was caught saying something along the lines of "Man the harpoons".

Excellen, your friend is at most not representative of all girls. My sparring partners were never effectively tiered different because of gender.

How much training has she had exactly? What's her discipline? What's the size difference, exactly? What would she rely on in a fight, and how would she react to to you? I doubt anybody at 1st dan or above in almost anything wouldn't at least give somebody who really is completely untrained and unexperienced a run for their money in a straight up fight.

you know excellen you cant beat literally every woman in a fight just because youre a blob and can fall on them

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

Well I'm super careful as fuck because I have a girlfriend. If I do say something out of admiration, I always remember the safety rule.

As for funniest reaction, well let's just say that it involved a small handbag to a friend's face. Because he was caught saying something along the lines of "Man the harpoons".

...XD

That's quite amusing.

Now I should totally tell my single guy friends to do it

...except most of my single guy friends just talk about computers and programming

man, compsci.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

i have a computer nerd friend (also a physics major), he has a girlfriend that looks like she could be his mother. watching them hold hands is hilarious

also i couldnt hit a girl. well i couldn't hit anyone, i guess i am what you call Kind Of A Pussy

Man that does sound hilarious

My guy friends are in two categories: those who have girlfriends, and those who aren't actively looking for girlfriends

I don't think I've ever heard any of them comment on chicks when we go for breakfast or lunch or something

but they do like girls except like the two gay friends I have

Most of my female compsci friends and I want to find one of my good dude friend a girlfriend but it's failing so far

oh well

I have about equal numbers of guy and girl friends. As of now, I think all but one person is single (and the one person who's not has an online relationship). All but one of the girls (including me) are not interested in relationships. The one girl who is interested is, nonetheless, not looking for one at the moment. All the guys, I think, are interested in having a girlfriend, but none of them are actively seeking one, and we rarely ever talking about relationships anyway. (This is "The Group", by the way.) So ... my friends and I have relationships REALLY low on our priority lists. :\

It's mostly just me saying to said guyfriend "you should get a girlfriend" as more or less a joke to annoy him. His exasperated expressions are rather amusing.

But I do wonder how he'd deal with a girlfriend. He's the nerdy type, but he often end up surrounded by girls for some unknown reasons. I also wonder what would happen if he changed his style. Not as a permanent change, but rather just out of curiosity.

But I'm not a dick enough to do it to him IRL without consent so I'll have to stick with photoshop.

I have about equal numbers of guy and girl friends. As of now, I think all but one person is single (and the one person who's not has an online relationship). All but one of the girls (including me) are not interested in relationships. The one girl who is interested is, nonetheless, not looking for one at the moment. All the guys, I think, are interested in having a girlfriend, but none of them are actively seeking one, and we rarely ever talking about relationships anyway. (This is "The Group", by the way.) So ... my friends and I have relationships REALLY low on our priority lists. :\

Over time maybe you'll end up dating each other. That's my prediction anyway.

Over time maybe you'll end up dating each other. That's my prediction anyway.

I highly doubt it, to tell you the truth. We've known each other for about ... 4-10 years, depending on the specific persons involved. We've had a running joke about how guy 1 and girl 1 were going to get married (because their parents forced them to go to school dances together every year) and that we would organize their wedding while they were unwilling. Then guy 1 dated girl 2 for about half a year, then the relationship went nowhere (but they are still friends and do not act any different towards each other). Girl 3 has a crush on guy 2, who saw her as a little sister (to the point where he said that it feels like incest), and girl 3 is apparently not interested in him anymore. No one else ha shown any interest towards each other, but people keep on mistaking girl 2 and guy 3 as being a couple. (They're not.) Honestly ... my friends work best as friends. I think we'd kill each other if we all ended up with one another.

I don't hit girls sorry Lumi. It's not really because I think less of them or anything. I just can't do it. I was raised that way, and in the community I live in you'll be looked at as a pussy who couldn't fight a man.

@Boron: It'd probably be best to look outside your group for a "companion" anyway. You don't want to risk close friendships like that. I still think you're gonna get caught off guard one day and fall really hard for a guy though. It'll be so cute.

I can understand that some guys don't want to hit girls, just because it was the way they were raised. I suppose that's fine, but I certainly hope that if you were stuck in a situation where you had to either hit a girl or die because she was trying to kill you, then you would hit her to stay alive. Also, my friends and I often whack, swat, or step on other just as a joke (we're all good with it), but I think I'm more of a pacifist nowadays. (When I was younger, I sometimes fought back -- or tried to -- against people who just annoyed me so much on a daily basis I couldn't stand it at a point.) So I don't resort to serious violence unless I had no choice.

Also, I still don't think I'm going to fall hard for a guy, ever. If I do fall for him, I don't think I would fall for him hard, simply because I'm not really the type to just act on emotions. (Unless they're anger, but I'm trying to fix that.)

Well I was more or less referring to a sparring situation where both sides are martial artists where you're expected to hit each other in order to get better. In that case giving it less than your all is just plain insulting unless it's in the situation of an upper-rank showing a lower rank how to do things right. Hitting people outside of situations of danger and agreed-upon sparring isn't nice whether male or female.

I wouldn't ask someone who isn't trained to spar with me in the first place. It's not like I go up to random dudes and be like "fight me bro", that'd be weird. And I certainly am not asking guys to go and hit random girls off the street. It's just me and a few friends who have martial arts experience and want to improve our skills together.

My taste for girls consist of rational habits, friendly disposition, and strong Christian values. I currently have in my scopes such a girl, so I'll have to wait to see if my endeavors of winning her pull through. That said, looking for remotely decent girls in most clubs is like finding gold in a silver mine.

My taste for girls consist of rational habits, friendly disposition, and strong Christian values. I currently have in my scopes such a girl, so I'll have to wait to see if my endeavors of winning her pull through. That said, looking for remotely decent girls in most clubs is like finding gold in a silver mine.

You also like feet.

so what you're saying is that you wouldn't date a single sf woman

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

I can understand that some guys don't want to hit girls, just because it was the way they were raised. I suppose that's fine, but I certainly hope that if you were stuck in a situation where you had to either hit a girl or die because she was trying to kill you, then you would hit her to stay alive. Also, my friends and I often whack, swat, or step on other just as a joke (we're all good with it), but I think I'm more of a pacifist nowadays. (When I was younger, I sometimes fought back -- or tried to -- against people who just annoyed me so much on a daily basis I couldn't stand it at a point.) So I don't resort to serious violence unless I had no choice.

Also, I still don't think I'm going to fall hard for a guy, ever. If I do fall for him, I don't think I would fall for him hard, simply because I'm not really the type to just act on emotions. (Unless they're anger, but I'm trying to fix that.)

Self-defense is a different story of course, but I'd prefer not to hit a girl. If you know my race and the stereotypes along with it, you know it's best not to touch a woman haha. I was much more rash and violent as a kid then I am now and got into a lot of fights (which you would never guess if you know me now). But as you age, you mature in theory.

Love is a different story though. I've seen some of the most logical people ever, those who never act based on emotion, fall hard and act completely out of character. You won't even see it coming. But I suppose you'll see what I mean if it ever happens to you!

Well I was more or less referring to a sparring situation where both sides are martial artists where you're expected to hit each other in order to get better. In that case giving it less than your all is just plain insulting unless it's in the situation of an upper-rank showing a lower rank how to do things right. Hitting people outside of situations of danger and agreed-upon sparring isn't nice whether male or female.

I wouldn't ask someone who isn't trained to spar with me in the first place. It's not like I go up to random dudes and be like "fight me bro", that'd be weird. And I certainly am not asking guys to go and hit random girls off the street. It's just me and a few friends who have martial arts experience and want to improve our skills together.

Ahhh I can see how you would be offended. But I can also see how it would be really awkward for guys to fight a girl in the first place. I know it's not exactly the same, but when you're wrestling and have to go up against a girl it's just really awkward and most of the time guys forfeit. One guy I know actually lost to a girl (she didn't really look the part though) and was ridiculed for the rest of his high school life.

Ahhh I can see how you would be offended. But I can also see how it would be really awkward for guys to fight a girl in the first place. I know it's not exactly the same, but when you're wrestling and have to go up against a girl it's just really awkward and most of the time guys forfeit. One guy I know actually lost to a girl (she didn't really look the part though) and was ridiculed for the rest of his high school life.

Poor guy. Society needs to learn that not all girls are weak and it's okay for guys to lose to girls and not feel ashamed of themselves. It's not so much the guy's fault for being "weak", but some chicks are just really fucking strong. I myself could out legpress most guys in my gym class in high school, and the looks on their faces when they saw me do what they couldn't was kinda funny. Mind, they weren't doing something light, either. I wasn't the only one, either. A friend of mine who did soccer had similar leg strength.

Wrestling also has really awkward body-to-body contact, though, as do some grappling forms of martial arts. One of my guy friends and I went to try out Jiujitsu, but as both of us have significant other's that are not each other, doing the Jiujitsu grapples felt extremely weird with each other so we went back to stuff that's less close-contact.