Rate the Unit, Day 3: Oscar

PKL

He starts SO SLOW...but then gets good, for reasons already listed. I'm going to take off -1 for personal bias reasons.

As far as his supports go, they're pretty good. I don't tend to give him to Ike as Soren and Lethe have him covered, but he's a decent substitute for Soren due to massive Evade bonus.

8/10

Oscar, the squinty mcsquintums that makes food and kicks ass for the GMs.

Pros:

Wtf around all game.

Horsie!!

Strength growth is :awesome:

Speed is pretty decent. (fixed mode says "yeah man...have some.")

Paladin!

Tanking.

Dem supports!

Cons:

Bit of a rough start. (axeland....)

Gaping hole where res should be.

Oscar is pretty awesome. Hes yet another roflstomping character. He starts out a little slow and kinda ehhh, but once he levels...Hoooboy! Hes poking everything with that mighty lance of his. (lawl see what i did thar?) Promotion means ROFLPLOW! He and Titania are gonna double team some shiz! Hes probably gonna be one of the first guys you promote too. Be it Master Seal or otherwise. He stays consistently awesome from that point on. Hes not without weaknesses though. Oscar's res is totally in the pooper. And it doesnt get much better. Mr. Sleep Staff is gonna have fun with Oscar. Mages like to smack him around a bit too. Usually (and if with the right supports) though, he might dodge this stuff or just win back the HP with Sol. Cuz hes probably the best candidate for that Sol. (Kieran too but yeah...we'll cross that bridge...)

Oscar is good. Its hard to imagine a run without him. I think i did it once...kinda painful...

9/10. 10/10 bias because Oscar is my bro.

You mean AVAILABILITY, you said ABILITY, I assumed you meant Skills (he has none).

You're right I meant to say Availability, I had just woken up when I posted that and I guess my mind was still halfway asleep.

Oscar is a pretty good unit. He has a rough start, though. Starts off mostly fighting axe-fighters (and the odd myrmidon), with only an iron lance, so he's not doing nearly as much damage. But he can double off the bat. His initial durability is a bit shaky because he's facing mostly axe-fighters, even if it's the second-highest defense on the team when he joins. However, he turns out awesome when raised. His strength and speed are high enough to do damage and double. His physical defense is good as well. Resistance is a bit on the low side, but almost all unpromoted physical units have shaky resistance anyway. Best of all, he has the affinity of Earth and he's Ike's fastest support. If I recall correctly, they can get their A before Ike even promotes. That is pretty awesome.

9/10. A point off for his rough start, but he's reliable for almost all of the game if raised.

Ike/Oscar hits A in 11 chapters, so discounting the ones where he doesn't show up it'll definitely happen before 17 if you want it to. Tanith is 3/6/9 so he can pick up that second Earth if you want him to have it relatively quickly too.

Amazing cavalier, good bases/growths, amazing availability, best affinity and quick EarthEarth support, axes or bows on promotion, 9.5.

But I really, really, really fucking loathe the fact that he's always smiling (9) and he can't open his eyes (8.5).