Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lemme find that quote:

The possibility lies that Levity could be a tracker or similar. There is the possibility of something like another role that gives out information to random people (think Loudred from PMD Mafia). I suspect it's possibly a Voyeur. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tracker

But hey, what do I know? The alternative is that Prims and Levity are both scum, but we can't confirm that at all yet.

Happy now?

Fair enough. Tracker itself kinda doesn't work, that's all.

No, I didn't post a list of impressions about everybody, partly because I'm lazy and partly because I don't have an impression about most people.

Basically, Marth feels scummy because of how he tried to divert attention off of himself, and I have a gut feeling that Shinori is scum. I also find it kind of weird that Aurora didn't know that you don't need a majority to lynch, since AFAIK he isn't new to mafia games. Doesn't mean he's scum though, and he might be new, I don't know. Prims stands out as town to me, because he's been very active and decisive so far. I'm fairly neutral on everyone else.

Kinda looks like you skimmed the thread and threw in the part about JB, but okay. Your opinion on Shinori is original enough.

So the Adepts are Town, and the Guardians are Mafia?

Uhhhh... why do you not know that the Adepts are town, hmm?

If you're lynched/killed, does your role still go through?

Why do you wanna know? Trying to kill someone before they can use their role? Prims replied to Manix's claim/joke/whatever, so I think it's safe to say that it's possible to take seriously, and not just me having no sense of humor, so I don't like the timing of this. Paranoid, yeah, but it's something to point out.

Well, BBM would have known that already if he had read the rules.

Yeah, but if he's going to ask about it, I may as well question his need to know.

Why do the interesting things happen while I'm at work? Ah, well, glad to see a mafia member go! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Iris and Ether managed to contribute a little bit of something during the last-minute vote wagon. That leaves exactly one person on my inactive list, who could've made an impression here, and didn't (and unlike me, was HERE when stuff was happening).

##Vote: Paperblade

I had earlier assumed that the 8 playable Adepts were Town, and the antagonistic Adepts being the Mafia. So the "So" was directed partially towards all Adepts being Town, and Guardians being Mafia, which I had no considered.

As for asking if roles go through if the person is lynched/killed, that was to check if Marth could have protected himself with his Refresh Ball. And also, "killed" was separate from "lynched", because I also wanted to know if Prims could have roleblocked somebody before getting killed.

I had earlier assumed that the 8 playable Adepts were Town, and the antagonistic Adepts being the Mafia. So the "So" was directed partially towards all Adepts being Town, and Guardians being Mafia, which I had no considered.

As for asking if roles go through if the person is lynched/killed, that was to check if Marth could have protected himself with his Refresh Ball. And also, "killed" was separate from "lynched", because I also wanted to know if Prims could have roleblocked somebody before getting killed.

Okay, sounds reasonable.

Yeah, Clipsey has the right idea. Come and play, Paper!

Why do the interesting things happen while I'm at work? Ah, well, glad to see a mafia member go! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Iris and Ether managed to contribute a little bit of something during the last-minute vote wagon. That leaves exactly one person on my inactive list, who could've made an impression here, and didn't (and unlike me, was HERE when stuff was happening).

He might have just had this tab open while he was gone. Him being listed as there on the thread doesn't mean anything.

Also, I assume that Spike cannot contribute to the discussion while missing?

If someone is listed as "can't be found", then that means that they can't speak in the thread, and voting for them is an exercise in pointlessness.

(source: me/Manix being kidnapped during most of Training Mafia)

I can post again, whoo. No more keeping count for fear of dropping dead.

Anyway, I think you may be laying into BBM a little too hard, Kay. He just looks like a newbie who is trying to get his bearings to me. He's asking about the rules and clarifying because he isn't used to them.

I mean, look at what you just said about him asking about actions with regards to lynches. You attacked him over asking about it after Manix claimed a resurrection ability, citing that it looked opportunistic. Something tells me, were Manix to be lynched this phase, it would be because of suspicion from Levity and, post-humorously, Prims, not because BBM pushed him to stop him from using his ability. You cited paranoia as your reasoning for badgering him, but paranoia is the defining characteristic of mafia, is it not?

I mean, you said you were questioning his need to know, in response to a question about the rules themselves. It seems pretty self-explanatory why one would like to know the rules, and from my PoV, it looks like he is just asking for clarification from those more versed in the field.

I can post again, whoo. No more keeping count for fear of dropping dead.

Anyway, I think you may be laying into BBM a little too hard, Kay. He just looks like a newbie who is trying to get his bearings to me. He's asking about the rules and clarifying because he isn't used to them.

I mean, look at what you just said about him asking about actions with regards to lynches. You attacked him over asking about it after Manix claimed a resurrection ability, citing that it looked opportunistic. Something tells me, were Manix to be lynched this phase, it would be because of suspicion from Levity and, post-humorously, Prims, not because BBM pushed him to stop him from using his ability. You cited paranoia as your reasoning for badgering him, but paranoia is the defining characteristic of mafia, is it not?

I mean, you said you were questioning his need to know, in response to a question about the rules themselves. It seems pretty self-explanatory why one would like to know the rules, and from my PoV, it looks like he is just asking for clarification from those more versed in the field.

I'm not voting for him or anything, Ether. I'm only pointing out that it looks odd, and I kinda wanted to see what he would say. I didn't think it was that much of an attack. I'm not saying he shouldn't ask about the rules, either, just that it doesn't mean anything that he could have just read the rules or Proto's post.

...it's scummy of me to say something I said is paranoid? =/

I'm not voting for him or anything, Ether. I'm only pointing out that it looks odd, and I kinda wanted to see what he would say. I didn't think it was that much of an attack. I'm not saying he shouldn't ask about the rules, either, just that it doesn't mean anything that he could have just read the rules or Proto's post.

...it's scummy of me to say something I said is paranoid? =/

I just don't like seeing people get beat down upon simply because they have questions about the rules. They are an integral part of a game the guy is still getting used to, and I think we need to take that into account. And I just don't like seeing overdone paranoia, but I'll admit that it's just a minor quirk of mine and you likely shouldn't pay much heed to it.

##Unvote

Yeah, Kay's still rubbing me the wrong way, what's new

sorry homework etc.

I just don't like seeing people get beat down upon simply because they have questions about the rules. They are an integral part of a game the guy is still getting used to, and I think we need to take that into account. And I just don't like seeing overdone paranoia, but I'll admit that it's just a minor quirk of mine and you likely shouldn't pay much heed to it.

I don't like getting beat down upon just for pointing something out. Did it look like I was screaming for him to be lynched? We can't just not take note of or discuss anything that someone has an excuse for. All I'm doing is saying that it's something to keep in mind, and while I'm doing that, I may as well try to get people to reply and explain themselves.

Honestly the only thing bothering me about Paperblade is that if he were scum, he would be right out there contributing so much and working as hard as he can to be a leader and I just don't see him acting this way as mafia

he's just better than that i dunno

meta meta meta

BigBang: seems to have been cast into the "newbtown" bucket by most people because all his posts consist of being confused about shit and everyone's interactions with him consist of explaining things to him. He has no opinions on anyone other than Shinori, which makes me uncomfortable that he might be a ringer because srsly

Bizz: To elaborate on my eeeeearlier comment when you first softclaimed, I think it was a bad idea because the only suspicions on Prims was JB's one post going "I think Prims is overzealous," which made it seem like you just wanted the townie credz for if/when Prims flipped. I mean yeah if you are town you got lucky since a hooker djinn is down and I would assume that was the only mafia hook (unless your screaming about being useless means you got hooked). I am distrustful of you because this seems like the kind of insane gambit I would pull as mafia

eclipse: Your only contributions are yelling at inactives. Note that at one point in C1 I had the most votes until Marth decided to get himself lynched (seriously what the fuck mate). Alternate commentary here: OMGUS

Ether: Meh, seemed to just copypaste other people's opinions which is suspect

Iris: see Ether but she didn't write paragraphs about it. However, lists of "I think X is town" or "X is strange" are bad and you should feel bad

JB: I think it's odd that he felt Prims was scummy (yes I know Prims is dead) but never followed up with it instead choosing to ignore all the discussion on Rapier/Shinori and focus on arguing (poorly) with Shota. I honestly think JB is suspect because it seemed like he was trying to pretend he was contributing without giving opinions on what everyone else had an opinion about, so that if there was a flip on that he wouldn't be linked to it. JB's opinions of Shinori consist of regurgitating what Prims and Bizz said (which were just "I don't see anything wrong with him" thanks guys) super fucking late as the suspicions on him were dying down. If you are posting a read you should explain why (even if your reason is "just a gut feeling" I want to know how much actual thought is put behind this shit) and give an actual read on people who are being discussed.

Kay: Get more opinions. Also I think you distrust BBM because he doesn't understand the rules and that's the closest someone can get to implying Proto is scum itg

Manix: Has no opinions and is never here, at least I'm only the latter

Rapier: Does crazy things and doesn't contribute but makes it REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUS, seems to have replaced Sho and Proto for the "This guy is making an ass of himself let's lynch him" person who UNFORTUNATELY IS NEVER LYNCHED GODDAMN (note that they are like never scum they just make NOC games impossible to read and unfun)

Shinori: I still think he's scum, especially because as the day went on it seemed to me that his votes jumped around to whoever he could get lynched instead of himself rather than forming his own opinion. Note that when he posted his suspicions there was no fucking reasoning and to me it looks like he picked random people out of a hat. Look at his reasoning for voting Rapier: he posts that it "makes sense to him" (which could mean anything) and because he wouldn't be around. Heck at one point he even plays the pity card of "Man this always happens to me"

Shota: still want to know why you think stss is scummy

StSS: I can't read you goddamn, although you had a post that I can paraphrase as "I think Shota is the most suspicious, ##Vote: Shinori"

##Vote: JB with still big suspicions on Shinori and general unease about everyone else

if I wanted to lynch an inactive, I would vote the people voting me, Ether, Manix, or myself