Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

And in all seriousness, Kay, why are you askin so much about this whole BBM adepts whoever town whatever thing? Really doesn't seem all that important after the clarification he assumed good adepts are town and bad adepts are mafia. I mean, it is unnecessary to post about now knowing what mafia are called in thread, sure, but talking about it more doesn't really do anything of importance.

I'm not the only one who thought it was fishy. Maybe it's not that important, but it still looks like it could have been a scumslip. It's not that he assumed good Adepts were Town and bad Adepts were Mafia, it's that from what I could see, he was commenting on Adepts in general being Town, not about bad Adepts being Town too. I'm mostly satisfied with his reply.

Also, I figure the kidnapper is probably a townie. Doesn't seem that likely that the mafia would kidnap Spike. If it is a typical kidnapper at all. Maybe he can just vanish or something.

Except they contribute more than you do

Yeah, he's just listing inactive people. If he was saying inactivity made someone mafia, then that would be a problem, but he said he would vote for one of them if he wanted to lynch an inactive, and he included himself in that list.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap Batman. Marth had very OP powers, and Prims died too soon for my tastes, although I figured out he was one of the most pro-towns and one of the best Mafia kills. About the Kidnapper, I don't know what to think about it. Why would he kidnap Spike? Or better, does that mean he wanted to stop him from taking action or did he want to make sure they wouldn't lynch Spike on this turn? ... The last alternative is improbable, so I rest.

Also, since Marth tried to get both me, Shinori and Bizz lynched, doesn't that mean our chances of being scum are lower? He pretty much sheeped agaisnt me when I voted him. >:

Aww Domu don't be such a meanie. :(

So the Adepts are Town, and the Guardians are Mafia?

I had earlier assumed that the 8 playable Adepts were Town, and the antagonistic Adepts being the Mafia. So the "So" was directed partially towards all Adepts being Town, and Guardians being Mafia, which I had not considered.

Why is no one focusing on the part about the Guardians being Mafia? That was the part that I was asking about. And when I think of GS Adepts, I think of only the playable ones. I think of the other guys as villains before thinking of them as Adepts. So I saw my character as one of the playable Adepts, and thought Adepts referred to just the playable ones.

Seriously, more than you guys hyping this up, the part I find screwed up is that the concerns that might actually be legitimate about me (I don't have opinions about people, my opinions are basically the same as other people's, etc.), mean less to you guys. I'll answer that too. Yeah, I don't have a lot of opinions on people. I'm mostly trying to get a feel of how everyone comes to conclusions, and instead of forming them myself, trying to spot any fallacies in someone's arguments. If it makes sense and I don't see anything wrong with it, I go along with what that person says. If it doesn't, I don't.

Kay pressing on BBM is making me uncomfortable tbh

It just seems so oddly aggressive for her to do

Hey, dinner~!

I think the word you're looking for is "opportunistic", Bizz. It's not that hard to make someone who's half-clueless slip up.

BBM, that's enough about characters. Do you have any other opinions?

Meanwhile. . .

##Vote: Rapier

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality (in other words, "finding the courage to read someone's posts" is silly; read them)

Yeah, I see your point. Not like it's an excuse but I'm always too aggressive when I actually make an effort to play. Why do you think I like multifaction better?

It's just that you're aggressive in an odd way. You keep pressing on the newbie and not really offering much else to the discussion lately (not that I have been either but I'm still working on this essay, sorry ): )

I KNOW I NEED TO ACTUALLY START DOING SOMETHING AND ESTABLISHING A VOTE SOON

I need to finish my list

I'm always too aggressive when I actually make an effort to play.

nnngh ):

nnnnnnnngh

Bizz's point is that you're attacking someone who has been established as new and thus can't defend himself well

Nobody's posting except people who I don't suspect (you and Bizz), Eclipse, who I can't get a read on at all, and people who are new/habitually scummy (Rapier, BBM).

It's just that you're aggressive in an odd way. You keep pressing on the newbie and not really offering much else to the discussion lately (not that I have been either but I'm still working on this essay, sorry ): )

I'm still trying to find something else to discuss. See above point. Although I kinda have something now. It's gonna look way too much like an OMGUS but I don't like Ether's vote. He kinda just came in and voting for someone people would be okay with him voting for, and basically said nothing else. I'd like him to post some opinion of something other than me being suspicious of BBM.

Also Ether, what the heck. If you wanna call me a jerk, just do it, quit phrasing your posts so I can't tell whether you're criticizing my gameplay or my morals, okay?

I'm not criticizing your morals or calling you a jerk. Like I said, I expected different of you, is all. I don't like how you're going at him.

As for your comment on how it was a safe vote, y'know what? Fine, it was a 'safe' vote. I'll admit it. I don't like what you're doing, and I voted for you because of it. If that's a safe vote then I guess I just have a safe opinion.

As for other opinions, I don't really have many to speak of at the moment. I've never been any good at earlygame reads, so sue me. To be honest, I have no idea what to think of anyone right now, aside from what's been said already. I voted you because I have a bad feeling about how you are attacking BBM, and don't feel anything stronger from anyone else. If that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what you want from me.

I'm not criticizing your morals or calling you a jerk. Like I said, I expected different of you, is all. I don't like how you're going at him.

As for your comment on how it was a safe vote, y'know what? Fine, it was a 'safe' vote. I'll admit it. I don't like what you're doing, and I voted for you because of it. If that's a safe vote then I guess I just have a safe opinion.

As for other opinions, I don't really have many to speak of at the moment. I've never been any good at earlygame reads, so sue me. To be honest, I have no idea what to think of anyone right now, aside from what's been said already. I voted you because I have a bad feeling about how you are attacking BBM, and don't feel anything stronger from anyone else. If that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what you want from me.

Okay, cool. Just something about the way you said that sounded odd. Thanks for the explanation.

Fair enough, just pointing it out.

The point was you didn't give your opinion on Shinori until really late in the phase when people lost interest in him.

ok so

what the hell do you want me to do about it

But the thing is, you didn't say "So all the Adepts are Town", you just said Adepts were Town. That's kind of a reasonable idea otherwise. It sounds close enough, considering that you're new. It just seriously sounds that you didn't know what the Town was called.

... The only ones who don't know that Adepts are Town is the Mafia, or maybe third-parties. Sure, the Adepts could be villains either, just like Agatio was one of the villains for Golden Sun Book 2, that's why it's confusing to anyone who isn't of the Adepts group.

So, are you a third-party or a scum?

The Adepts are the Adepts, it refers to their group in general. Don't you think it would be weird to have scum Adepts and town Adepts having the same group/faction name? I dislike your excuse, but I'll let it slide because you're new to this.

I'm surprised the both of you didn't consider the fact that BBM could just be a playable Adept. Admittedly, I didn't think of that immediately too, but it's a perfectly legit case (which he already brought up). Despite the... really shitty wording of his original post, this probably clears him even further.

About the Kidnapper, I don't know what to think about it. Why would he kidnap Spike? Or better, does that mean he wanted to stop him from taking action or did he want to make sure they wouldn't lynch Spike on this turn? ... The last alternative is improbable, so I rest.

Also, since Marth tried to get both me, Shinori and Bizz lynched, doesn't that mean our chances of being scum are lower? He pretty much sheeped agaisnt me when I voted him. >:

Town Kidnapper (yes) could have kidnapped Spike because he didn't like Spike's bandwagon issue early on in the phase? Assuming Spike is mafia and kidnapper is mafia too, kidnapper could have gotten Spike to make him appear townish as well. Just throwing a few situations out there.

Mafia can 'attack' other mafia members as well, in order to make either of them look much more townish. I'm not saying you, Bizz or Shinori is necessarily mafia, but again, that's another possibility.

requoting because this probably got lost in the thread and is important

oh what the fuck

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

##Vote Eclipse for quoting a shitty game.

##Unvote

I'll see if I can think up more stuff later

I'm surprised the both of you didn't consider the fact that BBM could just be a playable Adept. Admittedly, I didn't think of that immediately too, but it's a perfectly legit case (which he already brought up). Despite the... really shitty wording of his original post, this probably clears him even further.

I thought of it. It's just that the wording of that post is... well, your description works. I'm happy enough to let him be, now. Him claiming to be a playable Adept could limit him later on if he's scum, and if he's town, it really doesn't tell the mafia much.

Aww Domu don't be such a meanie. :(

Sorry, but isn't that what happened? =P

Why is no one focusing on the part about the Guardians being Mafia? That was the part that I was asking about. And when I think of GS Adepts, I think of only the playable ones. I think of the other guys as villains before thinking of them as Adepts. So I saw my character as one of the playable Adepts, and thought Adepts referred to just the playable ones.

The only problem is, in Mafia, when we have a group called Adepts, everyone from that group is either Mafia or Town. There are no groups that are either Town and Mafia at the same time. I'd have used this agaisnt you, had I not considered you are new to this and you already explained yourself witht he knownledge you have about the game's rules and how it works.

By the way, Kay's pressing you too much for something you already answered and that annoys me. I wish she'd look at the rest of the game and stop focusing on one target/badgering only one target.

Hey, dinner~!

I think the word you're looking for is "opportunistic", Bizz. It's not that hard to make someone who's half-clueless slip up.

BBM, that's enough about characters. Do you have any other opinions?

Meanwhile. . .

##Vote: Rapier

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality (in other words, "finding the courage to read someone's posts" is silly; read them)

Yay at your mention to Mahou Sensei Negima. I need to go back to reading this, but that will only happen after these exams I'm taking. Also, they are one of the reasons why I'm being a bit inactive besides having to study and do homework. That's why I said I "needed to find the courage to look back at Marth's posts", it's just a typo.

Then...

Town Kidnapper (yes) could have kidnapped Spike because he didn't like Spike's bandwagon issue early on in the phase? Assuming Spike is mafia and kidnapper is mafia too, kidnapper could have gotten Spike to make him appear townish as well. Just throwing a few situations out there.

Mafia can 'attack' other mafia members as well, in order to make either of them look much more townish. I'm not saying you, Bizz or Shinori is necessarily mafia, but again, that's another possibility.

Well, I dislike Spike's cautioness but that didn't make him seem like the player that would be lynched. On the entire phase, he only got two or three votes, I don't remember. So there's no risk for a Mafia Kidnapper, I guess. Unless the Kidnapper isn't a kidnapper but a Djinn effect, like Prims' could roleblock. Either way, that was a pretty stupid move if the Kidnapper/Djinn user is really Town.

Now, about Marth's posts...

I'm like torn between Rapier and Shinori. I mean Rapier's WTF reaction was pretty suspicious, but Shinori talking about strong roles and asking everyone about their Djinn seems suspicious to me. I mean why would a townie ask all the other players about their Djinn actions and talk about his own? That really makes me think Shinori is mafia, especially with all the info he wants to gather.

But anyway, I wonder why Rapier reacted so lol on C0. Votes on C0 don't count, and everyone seemed like they were trolling about their C0 votes(at least I thought so, until Kay pointed out her plan). Maybe he really thought a bandwagon was to occur on C1? :S

Also I guess its my first time playing a mafia on these forums( and a mafia based on a game, that too) but I hear Levity always overreacts? Explains why she's totally mad at stuff. >.>

Finally for those of you who think Spike is suspicious, well that's kinda weird. He looks like just another townie trying to vote someone to get a reaction or kill. I mean that's what some of us on C0 did, right? Vote for the heck of it? In fact Prims should look more suspicious since he was the one who started trying to make votes and kept changing them.(which didn't count in the first place, why the reaction people?) I kinda agree with StrawSloth here.

It was his first post in C1. The fact that he didn't have any realisation about what the hell was happening at that time is: He didn't even know what I did, and he misunderstood what people had said about me, and their reasons for voting me. I see a clear attempt to sheep agaisnt me. Also, Shinori never said he had a strong Djinn, he said he had a strong -role-. Marth tried to put things on his mouth in a way to justify his reasoning. If that isn't sheeping, then tell me what it is.

Now tell me why a scum would want to sheep another scum so early in the Cycle, without any proper case formed agaisnt them. When it's clear someone's suspicious and is acting scummy, then it's a good strategy to vote that person although he's your scumbuddy, but that was just too soon. Hence why I believe Shinori and Bizz are Town and I think it kinda helps my case here.

His other posts were self-defenses and overreactions, I see no need to quote them. Well, there's that post in which he voted Bizz, but we know about it.

Also:

##Vote: Manix

Post. Tell us what you think about the game, about the results and about the discussion in general. You've had a lot of time already and I don't feel like trusting someone's good will again.It's clear that you have no opinion about the game.