Classes Trailer

Kia-en

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on Armour knights and Generals I don't think they look too bad plus they might not suck as much because this game has skills so that most likely mean they get great shield though that only means the class might not suck callum probably still sucks though that's just that early game knights normally suck

Going from Amelia_general_sword.gif to Awakening is practically an insult.  If they don't have equivalent movement 90% of people still won't use them either because IS can't into (class) balance.

FK lost swords too it looked like...

Going from Amelia_general_sword.gif to Awakening is practically an insult. If they don't have equivalent movement 90% of people still won't use them either because IS can't into (class) balance.

I wouldn't be too sure currently. Apparently Lunatic mode is supposed to be extremely tough. Defense Cry might actually be one of the better skills since it could make the difference between OHKO and 2HKO from the enemies on your mages, and 2HKO and 3HKO on other units.

Edited by arvilino

Going from Amelia_general_sword.gif to Awakening is practically an insult.  If they don't have equivalent movement 90% of people still won't use them either because IS can't into (class) balance.

Main problem with the GBA General sprite, is that while they look cool, the armor is hilariously unrealistic and doesn't really work in full 3D. I admit, Generals are unreasonably ugly here, but oh well.

As for losing Swords, doesn't matter much since they're typically weak. As cool as the FE8 sprite was, you usually had little reason not to whip around Axes 24/7. (And 6/7 didn't even have Swords)

Going from Amelia_general_sword.gif to Awakening is practically an insult. If they don't have equivalent movement 90% of people still won't use them either because IS can't into (class) balance.

let's be fair here, that sprite was basically 3 games old, and was the exact same for every unit. As stylized as they are, they still were pretty lazy with the variety of them.

While I think the Generals are still kind of goofy, we can at least tell the apart in battle now

@Strategist

Meal Humtpy Dumpty looks terrible on all of them.

@Zephyr

Now we have unrealistic and ugly. Thank you IS. FalcoKnights lost swords, just so they'd lose against Griffon Knights. Stupid changes just to add a redundant possibly flier.

@arvilino

That'd be great!

@Zephyr

FalcoKnights lost swords, just so they'd lose against Griffon Knights.

Until we see the skills on Griffon Knights, Falcoknights are still a hell of a lot better with the utility gained from Staves, despite Axes being the best weapon type. And having a WTD doesn't automatically make you lose to something either.

I agree that Griffon Knights seem redundant, at least until we see the Skills.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

@Strategist

Meal Humtpy Dumpty looks terrible on all of them.

@Zephyr

Now we have unrealistic and ugly. Thank you IS. FalcoKnights lost swords, just so they'd lose against Griffon Knights. Stupid changes just to add a redundant possibly flier.

@arvilino

That'd be great!

Armor Knight do look pretty goofy with the whole shellfish look. I wouldn't have minded if it was just Callum's exclusive appearance as the appearance fits his personality.

I also think its odd that Great Knights Swords and Axes while Generals just get Axes. Isn't a mount enough of an advantage?

Path Of Radiance pulled off Armor Knights in 3d very well as did Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

@ Emperor

No mount, no weapon triangle, and we have Great Knights. Generals will have to be fuck awesome or Great Knight total fail. Which suck because I like Great Knights too.

PoR and RD with the heavy armor and tower shield was good, not as awesome but I liked them.

Edited by Laureola

Well, according to what some people playing Lunatic have said, it's super difficult, so the extraordinarily high DEF base the Generals have might be good. Also, the Double System allows them to be ferried much easier, since you don't need super high Aid to Rescue them, and you actually get bonuses for Doubling up.

Falcoknights lost swords so they could reasonably gain staffs, which is a damn good improvement.

As far as we know, Griffin Knights are no more redundant than Swordmasters and Berserkers - and the notion that either of those classes would be redundant in a game with so many class skills is simply ridiculous.

Doesn't it seem to odd to have two Axe-only classes and no Lance-only classes?

*cough* Soldiers would have worked *cough*

We technically have the Knights. . . but they fall under the armored unit, so we do not have a non-mounted or heavily armored unit that uses spears.

Although, Krom apparently gets them upon premote.

*cough* Soldiers would have worked *cough*

We technically have the Knights. . . but they fall under the armored unit, so we do not have a non-mounted or heavily armored unit that uses spears.

Although, Krom apparently gets them upon premote.

Seriously people, shut up about soldiers already! Emperor Hardin is referring to the fact that there are two promoted units that can only use axes while none that can only use lances. I don't think its really that unusual, promoted units that can only use lances aren't all that common (outside of FE2/FE3 where they're everywhere).

Edited by Jediabiwan

Seriously people, shut up about soldiers already! Emperor Hardin is referring to the fact that there are two promoted units that can only use axes while none that can only use lances. I don't think its really that unusual, promoted units that can only use lances aren't all that common (outside of FE2/FE3 where they're everywhere).

wow, touchy

I know what he meant, and there have been premotes that use only Lances; Halberdiers and Sentinels.

You're right about it being rare though.

wow, touchy

I know what he meant, and there have been premotes that use only Lances; Halberdiers and Sentinels.

Eh, sorry. Its just seems like in every thread talking about this game people just keep talking about how there are no soldiers and how they hope they will show up in DLC or something. People just need to accept that they aren't showing up as playable characters.

wow, touchy

Wyvernknight.PNG

No Wyvern knights either, I think they or a class like them would have been more fitting as the other flying promotion.

Wyvernknight.PNG

No Wyvern knights either, I think they or a class like them would have been more fitting as the other flying promotion.

The griffon knight could very well be like them except that now wyvern riders use axes instead of lances.