What's it with people bragging about how late they go to sleep and how early they wake up?

Junkhead

In fairness, it's probably less common in America because you need someone who's twenty-one rather than just eighteen.

... Why is your drinking age so high, anyway? You'd think you'd have learnt after Prohibition how well that works...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, it's probably less common in America because you need someone who's twenty-one rather than just eighteen.

... Why is your drinking age so high, anyway? You'd think you'd have learnt after Prohibition how well that works...

conservatives

edit: like soul

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

That's a good question.

Though technically a lot of our states allow underage consumption under some some conditions, and about half of those generally don't care that much, they just don't let under-21's buy. 15 other states completely verbot it.

Canabis needs to get legalised. Just put a fucking tax rate on the stuff, make it legal to sell like cigarettes, and shut the fuck up, mister prime minister cameron dickhead.

Public gets their weed. Less arrests due to weed possession. More money getting pumped into government due to tax. WIN FUCKING WIN.

Edited by Raven

we should just legalize weed so no one ever bothers drinking again

weed is way better for you than alcohol anyways iirc

Neither is all that bad for you in moderation.

Though over a long period of time (years), even a moderate amount of alcohol can have negative effects.

Edited by Tangerine

5eff7060b292e3235c9ef66f858e8228.png

If only everyone drank responsibility, but the truth is, not everyone does. Which leads to scenarios stated in the above image.

There's no point in defending alcohol when the potential for harm is forever present.

5eff7060b292e3235c9ef66f858e8228.png

If only everyone drank responsibility, but the truth is, not everyone does. Which leads to scenarios stated in the above image.

There's no point in defending alcohol when the potential for harm is forever present.

*You can overdose on cannabis and die. It's just not nearly as common as alcohol. So yes, it's less dangerous, but you can still overuse it with fatal results. It also has negative effects on your memory and can effect your blood pressure, both are not exactly things you want to fool around with.

I don't think there has ever been a long term study on the effects of cannabis, so there isn't much to say about that. I'd suspect more pronounced issues with what we already know about. At the very least it should be doctor prescribed. Sold over the counter? Dunno about that yet.

*As far as I know there is only one reported case of this from smoking it. But I didn't exactly dig too deep when I was doing research in school.

Edited by Tangerine

You can overdose on cannabis and die. It's just not nearly as common as alcohol. So yes, it's less dangerous, but you can still overuse it with fatal results. It also has negative effects on your memory and can effect your blood pressure, both are not exactly things you want to fool around with.

I don't think there has ever been a long term study on the effects of cannabis, so there isn't much to say about that. I'd suspect more pronounced issues with what we already know about. At the very least it should be doctor prescribed. Sold over the counter? Dunno about that yet.

OD on weed is possible, but you're going to need to go beyond burning yourself out to do so, and at that point most people stop smoking it and just enjoy the aftereffects of the stuff, so it really does rarely happen.

Much like cigarettes, I think the choice to smoke weed should be down to the individual and not made illegal to do so. Everything has potential to cause harm, and alcohol's potential is far higher, yet legal. It doesn't make sense to me.

Well people are stupid. I don't even completely blame the alcohol or drugs. When stupid people abuse a substance that mentally impairs them, they do even more stupid and irrational things. There are a lot of deaths attributed to marijuana despite it not actually being the physical cause of death. It's the same for alcohol; the psychological effects are a lot more dangerous than the physical ones. Anything that impairs brain function can lead to much less than positive results for the user and the people around them.

The real difference between them is that consuming too much alcohol increases your likelihood to take risks, which is the #1 cause of alcohol related deaths and violence.

And the real danger is that it is a million times more dangerous when used in combination with other readily available substances (or hallucinogens), like, you know, alcohol. Almost all of these deaths are attributed to the other substance rather than the marijuana, but there really should be no doubt that it had a hand in them.

Edited by Tangerine

soul shut up

also just gonna say I was watching QI and I learned that people who sleep six hours per night on average live the longest (on average) so

No god lives the longest and he doesn't sleep. Christ is watching you whatever you do.

I totally have no idea what you're trying to say, lol.

It means you had no good argument so you were just trying to find just something to argue back with and it was pretty much just... nothing. XD

What makes you think I was arguing?

I was discussing. I was agreeing with miss Fruit's post - stating that the stupidity she spoke of is what I would call "natural selection".

Or like me a few years back where my metabolism was godspeed

Eat like 3 subway footlong subs and gain no weight

man

It's slowed down considerably now, and my capacity decreased somehow so I can't eat as much

which is a shame

Edited by Luminescent Blade