Top 5 Units You Love

sunshineYON

Throughout the entire series, which characters you always fall back on. This is about personal experience, no discussing about averages, please. This is also different from "favorite" characters, I'm talking strictly in-game performance in your playthroughs. I have a lot of favorite characters that suck in their game and conversely, some characters I always use that are totally bland in personality/I detest storywise.

I'll start (State which game when necessary, a character's performance is different across the games they are in):

1. Nephenee (RD) Without even trying, she became my top one used unit 3 times in a row, out of the 3 times I've played this game. She's like a swordmaster with a real weapon type.

2. Hector (BS) Axe, bulk, speed(well, more than he should have) makes him pretty easy to use.

3. Ike (PoR) Ike is the best Lord in the series I've played (6-10), hands down. He can solo without the need of worrying about weapon durability. His 1-2 Range is overkill, allowing him to act in every encounter and speeding things up, and yeah, he heals himself.

4. Tana (SS) The Pegasus Knight line of classes are my all time favorite, they usually fall short when it comes to stats though, as they trade it for utility. Tana has the stats, and also retains her extreme usefulness, win-win.

5. Beck (SD) I'm currently playing SD and him one-shoting a lot problematic far away units have saved me a lot of headaches. I abhor enemy sniping units ala mages/ballisticians in the series, it is nice to be able to pick them off in one-go, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Lute. I found her so interesting I had to continue playing the game. without her I would've quit and had never known the awesomeness of FE.

2. Nephenee. hot, shy girl with the most epic class ever? yes please.

3. Mia. female SM FTW!

4. Fir. more female SM FTW!

5. Ilyana. need I say more?

Generally my favourite characters perform well for me ingame too

1) Seth (FE8). I don't like training weak units at all. Seth saves me the trouble by roflstomping the entire game by himself.

2) Lakche (FE4). Fuck yeah overkill

3) Rutger (FE6) .fucking 109% crit yesss

4) Miledy (FE6) 8 move Flying Tank except 10 move now

5) Machua (FE5) + Neir = time to mug some armours :B

Honourable mention to Marcus(FE7) because Silver Axe ORKOing bosses is yes, Mareeta(FE5) for consistently getting 12 move in my PTs for no apparent reason (she got 3 move on one enemy phase once before Dain scroll arrived, I don't even) and Echidna(FE6) for proccing way more crits than it says on the screen since forever. I've had good experiences with Navarre and Ogma duo in FE12 H1, as well.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

1. Amelia (SS): As a Super Trainee, she embodies everything I love about this series.

2. Florina (BS): With a massive amount of time to use her, and being completely adorable, Florina is a must for my team.

3. Marisa(SS): Her demeanor is ever so lovely, just kind of going along with whatever. Oh, and as a unit she's kind of awesome.

4. Lute(SS): She's a total nerdy girl with an adorable hairstyle and a magic growth that can shake the foundations of the planet.

5. Nephenee(PoR/RD): Completely wonderful design for a shy and down to earth girl that is completely unstoppable.

... I have way too much female bias...

sophie_06.gif

In general though, I prefer units that hit hard and hit fast. If I can take out enemies without them touching me, either via Critical Hit or just Doubling/Quadrupling them, then that is what I prefer to do. I also have a bias towards a certain type of character, I think...

Edited by Sophia Aetheria

1: Ewan. Unless its a draft I make him kill Fomorty.

2: FESD Caeda: Flight+Win Spear=Best unit in FE

3: FE7!Marcus. This man is amazing.

4: Joshua: HAT TRICK

5: Gilliam: I like the knight.

I am an unrepentant fanboy of the following:

Gonzales: :Gonzales:

Wendel: He might be Colonel M's signature character but that doesn't mean I can't like him.

Hardain: Turban + Mustache = Classy. He's got a Lawrence of Arabia thing going on.

Devdan: ...fights like ten men.

Dagda: "Watch your mouth, boy! You're just a lowly servant, of mine! All right then, show me what you've got! I'll take you all on!" Even with shaky grammar Dagda is totally awesome.

Honorable Mention:

Makalov: Pink afro and perpetual loserdom.

1. Felgus - Top 1 in FE5, I always use him in most of my playthroughs, even Super Thracia 776

2. Shiida - Top 1 in FE11/12, her Wing Spear makes her an excellent unit.

3. Shinon - I love prepromoted Snipers, and Shinon is in Top 1 for prepromoted Snipers

4. Sigurd - Easily the best Lord in the series.

5. Astrid - She levels up fast thanks to her Elite.

To see my favorites from TRS, click here.

Edited by ☆ Holmes

1. Aless: So I have done essentially two crack runs of FE4 and this guy is the person I always fall on to save my team. Good stats, good growths, has a horse, but mainly that sword! The Mistoltein usually averages between 70-100 kills whenever I play FE4. Plus it doesn't hurt when I think he is the hottest guy in the series.

2. Percival: possible S rank in everything? Awesome bases that mean he doesn't even need growths? A super handsome face? A horse? What's not to love?

3. Leaf: Talking about the FE4 version here (because I kinda want to kill him in FE5 for having his best stat be a 6 luck -_-). So Leaf has a benefit very few characters can claim, he can essentially use every weapon type in his game. He gets a horse on promotion, meaning that he can keep up with Aless and help him kill everything. Leaf also has the benefit in FE4 of being one of the few usable units in a substitute unit run. Plus he is adorable.

4. Sigurd: Sigurd is Sigurd, that should be enough of an explanation for that.

5. Camus:

Camus/Sirus/Zeke: Three people in one who is playable in three games and I love using him in all three of them. Zeke essentially saved Alm's group in the dragon's den since he and Alm were the only ones who could do anything there. And Sirus has a mask, which is pretty cool plus using him means I don't need to use a promotion item on him

And yes, I love my paladins.

Honorable mentions: Nanna, Ike, Sety, Cuan, Ethlin, Geoffrey, Haar and Kent

Edited by Bee

3. Marisa(SS): Her demeanor is ever so lovely, just kind of going along with whatever. Oh, and as a unit she's kind of awesome.

ROFL'd so hard.

Anyways.

1-Hawkeye(fe7)

Doing all that, without a shirt.

14 def/10 res bases, terrainwalk, and Axes.

Oh, and Berserker is a good infantry class.

2.-Jill(fe9/10)

She comes early, and is among the best classes in both game.

And then, rapes the games with Flight+Axe forges.

3.-Ike(fe9/10)

Rape

Best nonfe4 Lord in series.

Also, screw IkeXElincia, IkeXSoren, and IkeXRanulf.

I go IkeXMia, IkeXLethe, and IkeXTitania!

4.-Echidna

a body ring and draco later, and she's raping everything at 1-2 range with Hand Axes.

Of course, since I do use Lott/GOnzo alot, I have her support those two.

5.-Igrene

Hot

Hawkeye's kid

Dem bases

I don't have to put up with Wolt/Dorothy/Sue sucking for earlygame

Mentions

Axe Infantrymen in general-

I've had awesome luck with them.

Rutger and Dieck-

Hero Crest rape duo

Nailah, Mia, Neph, Tanith, Lucia

Yeah, I've had fun with them in my first runs.

fe4! Holsety Artur/Sety

Mount+OP combat, or going past OP combat and ORKOing everything with 6 move.

Duessel-

Beard+Mount=Awesome in fe

Garcia-

I remember hearing about his suck, then tried Hero!Garcia+spdwings.

Raped everything on foot.

Isadora-

Marcus lite in drafts

Peg Knights not named Florina, Sigrun, or Tate.-

Getting str blessed and never dying is epic fun.

Cavs-

Folgore Green enjoys using Green cavs.

Hardain: Turban + Mustache = Classy. He's got a Lawrence of Arabia thing going on.

*hi-fives*

1. Jeorge FE11/12 (duh) - I rarely go through a game without him. Critical hits is a big plus for me and he's gorgeous XD

2. Wolf FE11 - BISHONEN! Plus I used him before knowing he was broken and I do love people who can use arrows! Especially if they have the same name as Wolf O'Donnell from Star Fox

3. Roshea FE11 - BISHONEN number 2!

4. Tibarn FE9 - He's great as a character and he has some cool necklaces...

5. Soren FE9 - Cos I think I should include a girl...wait a sec...This is bishonen number 3, my mistake!

Edited by Jeorge

1. Sigurd. Best unit of all time.

2. Othin. Overkill with pugi yes.

3. Sara. Awesome and adorable

4. Marita. Kills everything she sees. Always gets like 10 move.

5. Stefan. Badass.

1. Amelia (SS): As a Super Trainee, she embodies everything I love about this series.

2. Florina (BS): With a massive amount of time to use her, and being completely adorable, Florina is a must for my team.

4. Lute(SS): She's a total nerdy girl with an adorable hairstyle and a magic growth that can shake the foundations of the planet.

5. Nephenee(PoR/RD): Completely wonderful design for a shy and down to earth girl that is completely unstoppable.

No Catria?

Gah. Fine.

1. Rath - Pulled my ass through the very first run I ever did, and I'm grateful for it.

2. Midir - He gets up and joins despite being found bleeding on the floor. He then procs stats like they're going out of style. For the short time I tried FE4, I thought he was awesome.

3. Ellerean - He's fast and extremely durable. Give him Excalibur and Wyverns will never, ever double him. A little bit of arena leveraging can help to compensate for his meh Magic growth.

4. Aran - He laughs at his Speed issues.

5. Tomas/Bord - They function the same way; two units that tend to get passed over in drafts . . .and both are underrated in FE12 (even if they both suffer from eternal durability problems).

Honorable mention to Jaffar for being amusing.

1. Fin - I don't really know why, I quite like his backstory, and he's a good unit to boot

2. Horace - the first time I played FEDS (it was my first FE) he saved my ass because I didn't have the common sense to reclass anyone else to general

3. Saleh - just a pretty cool guy

4. Cuan - everything from Lenster is just cool

5. Innes - Soooo legit

all dudes

4. Cuan - everything from Lenster is just cool

True dat

1. Eirika: Favorite lord in the series (Tied with Ike, Leaf, and Roy)

2. Tana: BEST. PEGASUS. KNIGHT. EVER!

3. Forde: Really like his personality

4. Abel: See Forde

5. Oguma and Shiida: Tied. I like them together. :>

Fin: He's cool and I really like prayer. Not to mention he's the most playable character in FE4 and FE5.

Oifaye: I'm not sure I've just loved Oifaye since I saw him. He's just cool.

Sain: I love his quotes and personalty. He's a good unit too.

Hector: I think it's due to him being my first OP unit. He grows a cool beard too.

Ike: Power Overwhelming

1.(TRS)Zeek-So dashing and he goes Orson on you. <3 If he was permenent, he would be the most broken Strat/RPG character in history. No joke. 20ish at LV18 in every stat isn't something to joke about. Along with Skills that get him to crit like crazy when he's lower on health and having Nihil.

2.(TRS)Holmes-Sexy and only bow lord in the series. <3 Is like Hector personality wise. If they met each other, they'd get along great.

3.(FE1/3/11/12)Linde-Great growths in everything but Def and HP. Also brings grace to any of Marth's' games.

4.(FE2)Sonia Only one of the two of Geese' servants that are worth saving. Second best mage in the game and is pretty.

5.(FE7)Priscilla-Delicate, polite, even polite to people who adopted her. Ladylike more than most FE women. And is the best Magic user in the game.

Vika - Sure I have to do some prep work early on, but I never get tired of watching her TEAR her opponents to shreds.

Titania (RD) - Haar if he was female and rode a horse.

Edward - There's a reason I call the Dawn Brigade chapters 'The Edward and Nolan Show'...

Nolan - See above.

Volke (RD) - What's that Volke? ANOTHER critical? Y'know, you really are spoiling me...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1. Tormod: He's an awesome unit, even if he requires a lot of work to become one. His personality is also awesome and I like how he's all for what's right.

2. Rath: Like Tormod, awesome unit when trained. I also like how he's able to deal with his ... rather terrible past and not be a vengeful-type character.

3. Marcia: Funny personality, not your typical pegasus knight, plus ... she's a good unit to have around.

4. Guy: Salvages my earlygame. Plus, I like Sacaeans. He's a funny guy.

5. Ike: Favorite FE lord of all the games I've played (7-11).