• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was bound to happen

Liz: I wouldn't like to anger him, he's scary

Krom: Love

FT: I can't understand what's going on with these siblings

ITG Krom wants to fuck everyone

[spoiler= Marth]

I really wonder if Lucina keeps her Marth voice after being unmasked, or she uses a more feminine voice. She does strike me as a tomboy, though, so I think it might be the former...?

LOL The mask could be magical, allowing her to speak like a man. Then when it's off, she will have a feminine voice. I mean it could be possible. It's FE!!

Wait, if this game takes place 1900 after the events in Arkanea, which is hundreds of years after the events in Jugdral, how on earth aren't the people in Jugdral super technologically advanced?

I... what? I'm not sure if you're aware, but mankind went for longer periods than 2000 years without becoming "super technologically advanced." Technological progress isn't exactly inevitable with time, especially if you've got magic and shit.

That is true, (I was partially referring to the Donny mention) however, Manaketes are still much older than they appear. While they do occasionally act childish, it's usually mentioned that they can be very serious when needed as well, meaning that their mental maturity probably isn't an issue. Physically is another story, but in medieval-type times/worlds, if you're physically capable of having a child, you're old enough for it.

I can see your point, but it's still pretty obvious on what they're going for with this. Token loli and shota to appease that part of the fanbase, I suppose.

In the end, you're getting with Nono because she looks like a kid, acts like a kid, and basically is viewed as a child by even her own children.

As for your previous comment on being unable to conceive, girls are capable of conception rather young, and it's highly dangerous, usually resulting in death or injury. Unsurprising, as many childbirths resulted in the death of the mother in those days.

I can see your point, but it's still pretty obvious on what they're going for with this. Token loli and shota to appease that part of the fanbase, I suppose.

In the end, you're getting with Nono because she looks like a kid, acts like a kid, and basically is viewed as a child by even her own children.

As for your previous comment on being unable to conceive, girls are capable of conception rather young, and it's highly dangerous, usually resulting in death or injury. Unsurprising, as many childbirths resulted in the death of the mother in those days.

A few years ago, there was a 5 year old girl who was able to give birth. So yeah, it's possible but it doesn't make it less creepy.

I... what? I'm not sure if you're aware, but mankind went for longer periods than 2000 years without becoming "super technologically advanced." Technological progress isn't exactly inevitable with time, especially if you've got magic and shit.

But with the tech level in FE4 (Iron/steel, castles) it's about part with somewhere past the 1000s, not BC.

I am a history major focusing on medieval and early modern Europe. The main concern I have with the 2000+ years time gap is that in FE4 they already seem to have plate mail. This means that people would quickly start focusing on other technologies to pierce through said plate mail (In our world it was the long bow and then the gun). The castle style from the guide books also indicate a high medieval style, because they are fully stone walled and are not based on the idea of creating a mound or just one tower. Maybe magic would mean less focus on gun powder, but military technology is bound to change over 2000 years.

And magic and flying beasts wouldn't stop them from having agricultural revolutions, and those are really what would have caused the technological outbursts.

It's a video game and girls don't wear pants while riding flying horses and somehow don't get chafed. I don't think logic really applies here.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

The main concern I have with the 2000+ years time gap is that in FE4 they already seem to have plate mail. This means that people would quickly start focusing on other technologies to pierce through said plate mail (In our world it was the long bow and then the gun).

And in FE's world that technology is magic, already obtained long before the time of FE4. Where's the problem?

And in FE's world that technology is magic, already obtained long before the time of FE4. Where's the problem?

Then why waste time even making plate mail? Or learning to use a sword when you can just use magic and blow everything up?

Actually let's just go with, video game logic doesn't make sense and call it a day...

Then why waste time even making plate mail? Or learning to use a sword when you can just use magic and blow everything up?

Actually let's just go with, video game logic doesn't make sense and call it a day...

Because magic is difficult to learn and therefore you tend to wind up sucking at other things and therefore armor wins against other stuff? That's certainly how the games tend to portray it.

As for the story stuff posted earlier today:

Prologue 1 looks like a fantastic start. Definitely agreeing that it looks like it's from the other timeline, the future that Lucina is fleeing from.

Speaking of Lucina, I like the look of her caps. Confirming those caps that seem to range from 35 to 50 gives them a lot of room for variation between classes. Although I worry that the differences may shrink in meaning at that higher scale...

So MU is (potentially) bi, and maybe others, but we don't randomly have Everyone is Bi in effect. Interesting.

Edited by Othin

I am a history major focusing on medieval and early modern Europe. The main concern I have with the 2000+ years time gap is that in FE4 they already seem to have plate mail. This means that people would quickly start focusing on other technologies to pierce through said plate mail (In our world it was the long bow and then the gun). The castle style from the guide books also indicate a high medieval style, because they are fully stone walled and are not based on the idea of creating a mound or just one tower. Maybe magic would mean less focus on gun powder, but military technology is bound to change over 2000 years.

And magic and flying beasts wouldn't stop them from having agricultural revolutions, and those are really what would have caused the technological outbursts.

The entire argument here boils down to "iron mail led to technology in our human history, so it must lead to technology in all histories!" Which is just silly circular hindsight.

As a history major, I'm sure you know that one of the big reasons we even have "advanced technology" today was a series of very fortunate developments in the world of science, specifically with Baconian inductivism (i.e. the cornerstone of modern science) taking the reigns over the Scholastic "science" that was dominant at the time. Those developments don't inevitably follow from LOL DEY HAV IRON SWORS

As for the story stuff posted earlier today:

Prologue 1 looks like a fantastic start. Definitely agreeing that it looks like it's from the other timeline, the future that Lucina is fleeing from.

Speaking of Lucina, I like the look of her caps. Confirming those caps that seem to range from 35 to 50 gives them a lot of room for variation between classes. Although I worry that the differences may shrink in meaning at that higher scale...

So MU is (potentially) bi, and maybe others, but we don't randomly have Everyone is Bi in effect. Interesting.

Someone on GameFaqs that has the game said this about those love charts:

Just tried this mode in main menu.

This relationship chart mode is outside the main game.

It even say it will not affect the main game relation at all.

Glad to see a game that allows grown men to shack up with a little girl look down on two guys being together. I'm steering clear of supports whenever I play this.

Also, I think the problem with their technology isn't so much about using electricity, but it doesn't seem to have evolved at all since the old days. It makes it feel like the large amount of time this takes place after is just a lie.