Controller

HP+1

Controller  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s)?

• Wii-mote
    • Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro
    • Gamecube

The humble controller... With it's plastic and it's buttons, a gamepad may pale in comparison to a FE unit with a really long lance, a big swinging sword, a very hard axe or a floppy book of spells, however without it they'd be nothing. Radiant Dawn of course has several options. If you're one of those unsavoury characters who pirated the game onto your PC you have an even bigger spectrum of options, but you're criminals so away. With those dastardly people gone and only us decent folk remaining, I ask you, which option do you opt for? Or are you a different sort of insane to those criminally insane people in that you alternate between two different controllers?

My preference is my nice black Classic Controller Pro, with it's proper d-pad and shoulder buttons it's the perfect tool for the job. The sideways Wii-mote is too basic and the Gamecube's control stick I don't think is suited for FE.

Edited by HP+1

For a long time, i used the Cube controller. But my old Wii doesnt really work very well anymore so i got a replacement Wii. The new one doesnt have the Cube ports and junk. (stupid.....argh...) So i used the classic controller now.

'mote, held over my head and sorta sideways or sometimes with one hand

Gamecube controller is still top tier, but I actually really like the 'mote for FE.

Gamecube controller mostly. Unless its a chapter like 1-P and 2-1 that are so stupid that its likely I will reset, in that case, I use the mote sideways for easier resetting.

I use both the Gamecube controller and the Wii-mote, but mostly the first, because I don't have to charge it (or waste batteries). Sadly, I can't turn the Wii on, select the game or reset with the GC controller, so I use the Wii-mote often, which is more comfortable since I can play one-handed easily and don't need to worry about a cable.

I use the GameCube controller for the most part, but when I'm feeling lazy (which is most of the time) I use the Wiimote horizontal so I don't have to get up to reset (which happens a lot).