Terrible Birthdays

Deliriyum

Tomorrow is my birthday. Coincidentally, it is also Hitler's birthday. Also, people like to smoke weed on my birthday.

The good news is that there hasn't been a massive shooting yet! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

I haven't celebrated my birthday in years, my dad passed away two weeks before mine last year, my gift that year was a twisted ankle, and I always have finals on my birthday. :B

...so I've chosen to unofficially move my birthday to a more convenient date. It's more fun that way.

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

I haven't celebrated my birthday in years, my dad passed away two weeks before mine last year, my gift that year was a twisted ankle, and I always have finals on my birthday. :B

...so I've chosen to unofficially move my birthday to a more convenient date. It's more fun that way.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm glad I don't have to deal with anything stressful like that.

Huh, I should probably do that. I haven't celebrated my birthday (or Christmas, which is around the same time) in about half a decade or more.

Okay definitely more than half a decade. The last celebrated birthday I had was probably...a whole decade ago. Yep.

Edited by Aleph

Ummmmmmmmmm......... sounds like all the bad stuff only happened a year ago and you say you got excuses to make you stop for years? x3

I'm so insensitive

But yeah I'm super sorry to hear about your dad ;~; That's depressing.

My Birthday is pretty bad too. The Titanic hit the Iceberg and President Abe Lincoln was shot, and I'm sorry about yours. . . But hey! Some good things happened on both of ours! Both are video game related though. mellow.gif

Ummmmmmmmmm......... sounds like all the bad stuff only happened a year ago and you say you got excuses to make you stop for years? x3

I'm so insensitive

But yeah I'm super sorry to hear about your dad ;~; That's depressing.

This topic is about terrible birthdays, as a plural. The aforementioned year was just a particularly unhappy instance.

In general, my birthday is never celebrated on that specific date because we never have the time - especially because I always spend the entire week stressing over finals. I haven't the luxury to think about celebrating something as insignificant as getting a year older when my final grades require my full concentration.

I'm not a particularly brooding or bitter person when it comes to the subject, so I've no intention of using his passing as any sort of excuse. That's an offensive suggestion, if anything. Unlike some people, I don't feel the need to sob over every little personal issue. It's a petty waste of time.

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

This topic is about terrible birthdays, as a plural. The aforementioned year was just a particularly unhappy instance.

In general, my birthday is never celebrated on that specific date because we never have the time - especially because I always spend the entire week stressing over finals. I haven't the luxury to think about celebrating something as insignificant as getting a year older when my final grades require my full concentration.

I'm not a particularly brooding or bitter person when it comes to the subject, so I've no intention of using his passing as any sort of excuse. That's an offensive suggestion, if anything. Unlike some people, I don't feel the need to sob over every little personal issue. It's a petty waste of time.

I see then. It just looked like you were listing reasons why you didn't like it and eventually quit, not that you just never celebrated it ever.

But since I bore that in mind I was assuming you were using your father and broken ankle as those reasons as that you quit. And since it was majority of what you listed off I was thinking those were probably the main reasons of what made you quit celebrating it but then that made me wonder how they could've made you quit celebrating it for so long when they only just happened... I just misunderstood because of the wording of the sentence.

I personally don't see anything wrong with becoming bitter over it if you father had passed away a couple weeks before, though. I wasn't at all saying that it was a bad thing. But I guess it depends on the person's perspective, since I don't think it's a waste to become sad over stuff. And I wouldn't consider a parent a little personal issue... That's pretty big! D= It isn't entirely a waste because some people need to mourn to get over something, or at least it seems that way to me.

I haven't had a birthday in the better part of a decade but that's not depressing at all is it

Know it means you haven't aged in 10 years.

Forever young, forever fair.

Edited by Jet Black Gunner